• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Ahhh! Half my maps have errors now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've got backup copies of a project I'm making for my APCS class. I was planning to document the changes from each version, and now (this didn't happen before) the maps won't load. It gives me the error "Trigger Function does not exist in database: DestroyTimer." I then hit okay, and the triggers continue loading briefly before I get the message: "This application has encountered a critical error: Not enough storage is available to process this command.

Program: (Links to my worldedit121.exe file)
Object: .PAVCWETriggerFunction@@

Press OK to terminate this application"

After that, it shuts down.

So far, I managed to open up one of the maps, and what I found is that there was a problem with the leaderboard variable where the value was "Leaderboard null." The only way I could save the map was to disable each of my triggers (the program did it for me, world editor). I then went back, and cleared the variable, and then I got no errors (after deleting the DestroyTimer action line as well).

Problem is, I can't even open up the maps for editing. Should I do a clean install of WC3? (after moving the maps to a safe spot), or what? I've tried WE Unlimited, NewGen WE, and the regular WE, and I'm pretty sure all my Jass stuff is updated correctly.

It's several earlier versions of my map that are affected, I believe 3 or 4 different ones. I was able to open one of them only once, and I don't know how it opened properly, but after I cleared the leaderboard initial value, the problem went away and I was okay to open that specific map as I please. Thankfully, this doesn't affect the latest version of the map I have, as well as the previous version. All of the others don't work, aside from the very first version which only consists of terrain and maybe 5 triggers.

Thanks in advance for any help. I don't know what caused this...Last time I modified them was July 25th, and from what I can remember they ran perfectly fine. I just tried to open them up again, after a few months, and now none of them work beyond my first and final versions.

Here are the two versions, hopefully someone can open the suckers up:

Attachments

• TowerOfPower - .06.w3x
    92.1 KB · Views: 63
  • TowerOfPower - .08.w3x
    114.4 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Level 3
Hey, thanks for the replies. My WC3 version is 1.24+ (whichever is the latest). My harddrive is internal, and I never have any active anti-virus software running.

I updated the OP to clarify a little bit on the problem (if it makes a difference)....it's the second to last paragraph if you feel like reading it.

I'll see if I can open the one's that are on my school's network (I also have a copy of the files on the school network, for when I have free time to work on the map). *crosses fingers.

Is there anything, any program, or anyway I can clear the initial variable values of the variables included in my map? I think if I were able to reset the initial values of all the variables in my map, it would fix the problem.

And unfortunately, WC unlimited was the only editor that actually allowed me to edit some unit values beyond a certain amount...even with Newgen WE there was a limit to certain unit values, even though i had the unlimited stats hack box checked, or whatever it's named. It was a low limit too, for HP regen I believe.

You have to activate WE Unlimited.
I don't know why mckill2009 is saying it sucks, but you obviously used it and now it is disabled (I think you have to restart the JNGP after checking "Enable UMSWE" and then load your map).

The problem is that UMSWE enables several actions in GUI such as DestroyTimer (and surely your leaderboard thing) but using them makes your triggers data unreadable for regular WE.

I think you successfully opened some of your maps because you were having UMSWE enabled at that time and you thought it was because the versions were not "corrupted".
If you still have the same error ("Trigger Function does not exist in database: DestroyTimer.") after enabling UMSWE and restarting WE, then it's your UMSWE files which are corrupted.

Level 3
You have to activate WE Unlimited.
I don't know why mckill2009 is saying it sucks, but you obviously used it and now it is disabled (I think you have to restart the JNGP after checking "Enable UMSWE" and then load your map).

The problem is that UMSWE enables several actions in GUI such as DestroyTimer (and surely your leaderboard thing) but using them makes your triggers data unreadable for regular WE.

I think you successfully opened some of your maps because you were having UMSWE enabled at that time and you thought it was because the versions were not "corrupted".
If you still have the same error ("Trigger Function does not exist in database: DestroyTimer.") after enabling UMSWE and restarting WE, then it's your UMSWE files which are corrupted.

Hmm...UMSWE is enabled in NewGen WE..... what's the best way to "uncorrupt" the files? Reinstall the JassNewGen Pack? Hmm...I've tried that before but I guess it wouldn't hurt to do it again.

Yes, it is likely you used either WEU/UMSWE or EGUI. If you used either, try to find any backups for it.

Check your recycle bin to see if you have any deleted files pertaining to that. Also check your Warcraft III\UI folder (if you have one), as that is the likely location for the function changes.

There is still a way to fix it, but it is a very, very tedious process if your map has too many custom functions. You must follow this tutorial:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/miscellaneous-tutorials-456/modding-we-trigger-editor-52529/

Essentially, you have to create a custom function in your UI folder for every function that you used in your map. (so for example, you would need to create a custom DestroyTimer function) Then you just keep open the map and find the next function you need to recreate. (hopefully it will give an error for a different function, and then that means that you correctly solved the last one) After all that, your map should be openable but is not guaranteed to be functional. You have to filter out all of the custom functions (delete them or whatever).

If all of the above does not work, you can still save the rest of your files. Just open your map with an MPQ extractor and transfer the needed files except for the wc3 trigger file (I think the extension is .wct, I don't remember), which handles the GUI display in WE for the map.

I highly recommend that you look into finding some means of downloading/enabling UMSWE/WEU or EGUI if you used them (or any other tool that added custom functions) as that will most likely allow your map to be opened. Good luck. =)

EDIT: I read the first post and it says that you already tried WEU. Try EGUI then, a lot of people end up realizing that they had used that. I don't have a download link, but try searching on thehelper.net or PM Sevion directly, and you'll be able to get the download for it.

Level 3
I've been looking through the function lists and found that I was using WEU for those two versions (don't know why the newer versions didn't get affected, and why it's only happening now). I specifically messing around with the custom script codes "loop, endloop, and exitwhen" somewhere along the line, however I don't remember if actually ended up keeping them or not.

I attached the two files in the OP, hopefully someone on these forums can open them up and try to fix the affected triggers. It's somewhere in trigger 19 (DestroyTimer) and Trigger 21 or 22 (my guess is on the leaderboard trigger).

I've been able to de-protect it only to a fully custom-scripted map, however I'm going to be presenting this to my teachers and I won't even come close to understanding it if there's any custom script other than if it's the affected trigger (in which case I'll just re make the trigger in GUI).

If you guys could try opening this up, I'd really appreciate it. I've seen a few threads where other people were able to open up maps when the maker himself could not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.