• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

4th of July

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
In the words of the great Yahtzee Croshaw,
Ben Croshaw said:
I've given Americans a lot of shit throughout Zero Punctuation, with phrases like "cheeseburger-inhaling Yank" being thrown around and my personal image of the gun-toting cretin who unironically gargles words like "liberty" until they lose all meaning. But now I think I've undergone a change of perspective. I've eaten at some very fancy restaurants worlds away from cheeseburgers. I've rubbed shoulders with some lovely, mild-mannered people as they fired round after round into juddering paper targets. Maybe this isn't the kind of bitter snideness I'm known for, but I really think my cynicism for the United States has tempered somewhat.
Croshaw five minutes later said:
"Medium," "Large" and "King Size"? What the fuck is that? How the fuck can "Medium" be the smallest? Do you even know what the word "Medium" means? This is why you're all so fat, you bunch of road sign-shooting Yankee pillocks.

Level 14
The only interesting 4th of July I have ever had was up in the mountains on the edge of a lake. The fireworks reflected off of the water and echoed throughtout the various camps along the shores of the lake. The grand finale was awsome.

Level 26
Don't worry, MySpaceBarBroke. I'll keep the fireworks for your birthday.
Now THIS is the model American citizen. Everyone should follow in his example.

I'm tired of all the birthdays in my early elementary school years when we watched Independence Day on my birthday just for the hell of it, and it bored the shit out of me because I didn't really know what the hell was going on (either that or I forgot it). Strawberry mousse cake was good, however.

Level 35
Who said you had to be American to be a model American citizen?

So me, an ordinary Center-European barbarian is the model American? That sounds good. I hope that there aren't too many real patriotic americans here, because I'm sure they wouldn't like that.

But actually, I don't really give a shit of any national celebrations, but if I were American, they might have brought me up in a different way.

Level 14
Alright for all you pieces of shit who don't like America. You know what you can do? Just not post here.

Fuck you and fuck off.

Level 35
Chill out, Mr. Patriot. Noone wants to offend you here. I'm sure you could discuss that in a more "civilized" way. Only because most of us don't celebrate July 4th (since we're not americans), that doesn't mean that we hate america, or don't respect the american traditions.

Level 14
Was my comment directed towards you? No.
I was referring to these remarks:
Dependance day is here :D

<England> <Copy> <Paste> <Edit> <Extend> <Import> <Export> <America>

I demand that this ''happening'' never happend..

I really don't care if you're not American. I really don't care if you don't like America, because it's probable I don't like your country. But do I go into threads about your country and rag on it? No because I'm a decent human being. If you don't like America just don't post. Simple as that.

Level 35
Don't take that serious, man. You know that those guys are just joking. They're trying to be funny, that's all.

Even if they ment it you could have just said:

Please, refrain from posting here if you don't like America. This thread isn't dedicated to discussing that. Please be so polite and leave that thread, since I think that bashing another country's celebrations is an offensive thing.

Or something like that.

Level 5
Lots of patroitism and no fun makes me a sad viking :sad:
Anyhow, I'll now go outside to fire a couple of bottle rockets and drink a beer in honor of the indepence day of our great protectors in the west.
Cheers:grin:

Level 34
Ugh, the movie, you know. Typical American one, gotta blow everything up with a nuke, you know. Luckily Mars Attacks took a care of that, you know.

Level 36
Now THIS is the model American citizen. Everyone should follow in his example.

I'm tired of all the birthdays in my early elementary school years when we watched Independence Day on my birthday just for the hell of it, and it bored the shit out of me because I didn't really know what the hell was going on (either that or I forgot it). Strawberry mousse cake was good, however.

Yeah, yeah, Happy Birthday, Happy American Independence day, Happy Canada Day, and Happy Venezuelan Independence Day.

Level 14
Not true at all. Saudi Arabia is still a Kingdom, it's official name is the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Though, that's not a really good example, as arabs seem to be stuck in the 1100s.

Status
Not open for further replies.