• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

400MB Campaign (No Name Yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
The newest map im working on, is a 400 MB single map (It may change into few maps to reduce loading time), it will eventually include :

100MB+ of music files and voice-overs.
5+ hours of gameplay.
10-20 boss battles, that will have differing terrains and stragitys to defeat them. (Maby something like, you hafto grab bomb items from chutes around the battle zone and throw them at the boss, "and the boss will have 100k+ hp so the only to kill it is to use the bombs normal attacks wont work")
Alot of cinamatics with some voice-acting.
100+ imported doodads/units/buildings/etc.

Currently complete -Updated Jan 3 2009

Triggers-////////10%////////
Terrain-///27%//////////////////
Units-////////15%//////////
Spells & Abilitys-////////////25%///////////
Story Line- Secret

Where The Music & SFX is from

FLCL
.hack//legendofthetwilight
.hack//sign
.hack//roots
.hack//G.U.
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts 2
Final Fantasy 7 Online
Final Fantasy 7 The Movie
Final Fantasy 8-12
Gladiator
Braveheart
World of Warcraft
-Outher Sources-

The Demo

When i release the demo the size should be around 75-150 MB, and include 3-4 boss fights, 3 hours-6 hours of gameplay.

Themes

Some of the themes are from:

UglyYetBeautiful
GhostStorys
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
Kingdom Hearts
-More will be added as development has progressed-

----------------------------Needed---------------------------------------
-Someone who can make Icons.
-Someone good at triggers that can check over mine incase glitches are found during the testing stages.
-Someone who can make some of the cinamatics and/or check over any mistakes i may have made in cinamatic triggers.

Resources Needed

Links to sites with anime models.
Links to sites with High Rez Models.
Links to anything that is high quality, i dont care at all how big the filesize is.

-------------------------------Updates---------------------------------------------

Jan/3/09

I finished alot of the main hero's abilitys, She is mainly a mele-type fighter with abilitys such as Punch, Knock-Out, Kick, ETC.
First cinamatic is completed along with 96% of the the beginning triggers. Tho every time i play throu to test the battle/end-battle cinamatics it glitches out somehow... gonna hafto find someone to help with fixing that.
File size hasent increased to much, mainly to the fact that ive only been importing 2-3 music files and not many models yet.
I have some ideas for the name but i wont settle on anything YET.

QUESTIONS? JUST POST HERE

Last edited:
Level 6
The newest map im working on, is a 400 MB single map (It may change into few maps to reduce loading time), it will eventually include :

100MB+ of music files and voice-overs.

Oh god, why?

Also, if you haven't started the triggers, you've got one hell of a long way to go. I don't announce my maps early on for the reason that I rarely end up finishing them. Anyway, good luck.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
400 MB....... I mean Ocarina of Time is only like 64 MB or less even and there is almost no dought that you can not make a campaign that is as good as that.

Also custom recources means nothing, the storyline does however and how it plays. Also do you have permission to use those songs publically? I thought all that music was copywrited.

Level 8
Oh god, why?

Also, if you haven't started the triggers, you've got one hell of a long way to go. I don't announce my maps early on for the reason that I rarely end up finishing them. Anyway, good luck.

Triggers might take awile, but im bored to death, finally got bored of WoW and all my outher online games so i needed somethingto do during christmas and the weekends.

400 MB....... I mean Ocarina of Time is only like 64 MB or less even and there is almost no dought that you can not make a campaign that is as good as that.

Also custom recources means nothing, the storyline does however and how it plays. Also do you have permission to use those songs publically? I thought all that music was copywrited.

I use songs all the time without permission, cant type japaneese so i dont need permission.

Level 18
you know what pisses me off.

a huge map with excellent gameplay and mechanics and songs....
but sucky terrain.

PLEASE have good terrain and good gameplay :D !! because with something that is 400 MB, i would be pretty pissed if it suks : /

i wish you the best of LUCK! and HAPPY HOLIDAYZ!

Level 10
The good thing about the world editor - it allows anyone to have a go and try jump into the mod scene.

The bad thing about the world editor - it allows anyone to have a go and try jump into the mod scene.

Size does not equal better in the case of mapping. Advertising your map based on it's filesize is an instant fail.... it just shows your not a modder but a kid whose learnt how easy it is to import other user-made content into a map.

My prediction - it's not going to be finished, and even if it were it would just be a random mash of whatever available resources you thought were cool. As for the demo... well 75-150 mb for a max of 2 hours playtime doesn't seem worthwhile. I've downloaded maps for 2mb that I've played for over 50 hours playtime... guess this just proves that imports doesnt = gud

Sit down and make a small but entertaining map, this will just be a waste of your time and potentially a waste of others

imported doodads/units/buildings/etc.

You mean models or skins for them? I don't get how you can import so much. Even though you completely alter the interface and customize the environment, you won't reach 100 mb, unless you add crappy stuff made by noobs who don't know how to make low sized stuff or import just so much stuff which is not needed. Sounds may reach so far, but only with all custom voice sets and many music themes, but still hard to reach.

Level 27

Seriously wtf man, come on this is warcraft 3. None of those creators is watching us nor this community and nor would they play every fucking map you post here to see if nothing copyrigthed has been imported.

I can't imagne them caring about anything we import from they're games because what the fuck is warcraft 3 a treath for they're games? It's not like they will sew you for having some copyrigthed files in your map thats just ridicilous they have better things to do you know =/

Level 6
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but from reading your post, I got the impression that the only thing that you're certain with concerning the contents of your project is that it will be a "400 MB map". Now please tell me how that's a good thing to start with? As others already said before, it's not the amount of imported stuff that makes a map good. It can certainly improve the atmosphere - if it fits. However, if you're starting from the position of "make a huge map as long as it's huge", I don't see how all the contents could provide such an increase in gameplay atmosphere. You should start with a story (especially in singleplayer), gameplay ideas and the likes and THEN see how custom models etc. could support those ideas. Not the other way around, or at least not when you feel compelled to use all the custom stuff available, simply because you're going for a big map.

But good luck with it anyway.

Level 45
Seriously wtf man, come on this is warcraft 3. None of those creators is watching us nor this community and nor would they play every fucking map you post here to see if nothing copyrigthed has been imported.

I can't imagne them caring about anything we import from they're games because what the fuck is warcraft 3 a treath for they're games? It's not like they will sew you for having some copyrigthed files in your map thats just ridicilous they have better things to do you know =/

So let me get this straight, just because you can do it, that makes it moral/right? Wow....
Maybe ill go stab a stray dog in the face, tie its legs together and set it on fire, its not like its previous owners care about it at all. =_=

Level 8
Ok i fixed the glitch just to get another one pop up lol...
Yeah i dont like to use copyrighted "Models, icons, or skins" but i dont mind using music, like srlsy are the copyright owners gonna sue me for putting them in? Probly not so i dont care if ne 1 thinks its right/not right to use them.

Im probly gonna take a break from working on it tonight, i got an insane headache, cya.

I've downloaded maps for 2mb that I've played for over 50 hours playtime... guess this just proves that imports doesnt = gud
well seriously 2mb is even a bit much for most games, save for maybe rpgs, or uberepic games.... i mean foots is like 200kb... although it only has a few imports...., why exactly do you need imports unless A) you run outa wc3 units OR B) no wc3 units really fit the theeme you want OR C) you find a really epic model that you just gotta have (keeping inmind filesize)

You mean models or skins for them? I don't get how you can import so much. Even though you completely alter the interface and custom
Well once just for kicks, i scaled an immage to maximum scale i could, which ended up being like 56gb and took my comp about an hour to scale up ^.^, although this didnt technically increase the quality..... since it was a small image to start

Level 8
1. It is a CAMPAIGN not a map that you can play on battlenet.
2. Yes the interface is completly custom.
3. I just dont like using WC3 models for some reason, so i like to import things that look alot better.

----Edit----

Im probly naming it Zento Bouken (Their romanized japaneese words)
Storyline still thinking of ideas, im probly gonna wing it and make stuff up as i go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.