• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(4)Voidwind Plateau

Reactions: deepstrasz
(4)Voidwind Plateau
Player Suggest: 2v2, 1v1
Theme: Factory, purple-gray
Map Creator: Zucth

Map Description:
Voidwind Plateau is the area surrounding Manaforge Ultris in eastern of the Netherstorm. Mana Wraiths are grumble in angry noise.

Neutral Building:
9 Goldmines (all - 12500)
4 Tavern
2 Goblin Merchant
2 Marketplace
4 Goblin Lab

Creep Camp:
8 Green
16 Orange
9 Red [-4 base]

Information:
-Map have a size [112x112]
-This a improve layout of (4)Refined Land, remove some unnecessary choke and corner.
-Turn middle into a hard expo that will drop permanent 6, cover with thin tree lines.
-C5 available in 1v1 only (Player Base)
Previews
Contents

(4)Voidwind Plateau (Map)

Reviews
mafe
A purple-ish non reforged map ^^ Might be the first time I see this, and I like. I would very much also like it to be slightly less dark, but I dont see an easy way to this with the default tiles :( I dont think this map will work in 1v1, due to the...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
A purple-ish non reforged map ^^ Might be the first time I see this, and I like. I would very much also like it to be slightly less dark, but I dont see an easy way to this with the default tiles :(

I dont think this map will work in 1v1, due to the radomness in relaitive spawn locations, and the very easy expansion. It should work well in 2v2 though. There really isnt too much special about it, except ofc once again the nonstandard creeps, and crucially the item table. The c5 table doesnt really matter for 2v2, but looks interesting. The p6 table doesnt make sense to me, the orb might be alright, but the ring really shouldnt be downgraded from the usual ring +5 to +4, since +5 is already considered too weak for a lvl 6 item.

The central expansion is an interesting idea, and having a tree wall that can easily be breached is good move. But the mine itself will probably matter only in a small minority of games, since the relative small size of the map makes it unlikely that games will last for too long.

The item tables arent an outright bug that needs fixing, but maybe you improve anyway. Map approved.

Level 26
A purple-ish non reforged map ^^ Might be the first time I see this, and I like. I would very much also like it to be slightly less dark, but I dont see an easy way to this with the default tiles :(

I dont think this map will work in 1v1, due to the radomness in relaitive spawn locations, and the very easy expansion. It should work well in 2v2 though. There really isnt too much special about it, except ofc once again the nonstandard creeps, and crucially the item table. The c5 table doesnt really matter for 2v2, but looks interesting. The p6 table doesnt make sense to me, the orb might be alright, but the ring really shouldnt be downgraded from the usual ring +5 to +4, since +5 is already considered too weak for a lvl 6 item.

The central expansion is an interesting idea, and having a tree wall that can easily be breached is good move. But the mine itself will probably matter only in a small minority of games, since the relative small size of the map makes it unlikely that games will last for too long.

The item tables arent an outright bug that needs fixing, but maybe you improve anyway. Map approved.
it can be brighter possible with snow tile (it look pretty good actually), it just that in VP lore there is no snow there.