• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

3 Second Time Bomb

This is my goblin time bomb which counts three seconds. It sadly has the custom texture because I was unable to find texture with number 1 with black background. If you like it credit me in you work.

HOW TO USE:

You should base the bomb ability of Pocket Factory. Create unit in Editor and give it AOE damage upon death. You should set Data Factory Unit to your Bomb and set its duration to 3.5 !!!

IMPORTANT:
Set Art Special of your custom unit to Objects\Spawnmodels\Other\NeutralBuildingExplosion\NeutralBuildingExplosion.mdl

Set the scaling as you want.

Enjoy !

Keywords:
bomb, second, boom.goblin, gnome, time, timebomb, countdown
Contents

3 Second Time Bomb (Model)

Reviews
21:33, 14th Mar 2011 anarchianbedlam: Small, simple, works ingame and might be useful. approved

M

21:33, 14th Mar 2011
anarchianbedlam: Small, simple, works ingame and might be useful.
approved

Level 21
Looks ok for a good Goblin trap or prank, but I agree with Mr. Goblin's idea to make it a barrel bomb, but yeah useful as well.

Level 10
This is great! Looks like something out of Rayman - Hoodlum Havoc (If anyone has played it. Anyone? *sad face*).

I'm really looking forward to the barrel bomb as well. =)

I have to agree with previous made comments, the numbers seem to be a little too high tech, however The dial seems to be ok. If you take out the numbers not only will it seem more realistic, but people can use:
[trigger=Slow Timer]Slow Timer
Actions
Animation - Change Bomb's animation speed to 50.00% of its original speed
[/trigger]
To slow down the timer
(Ex. This trigger would slow it down to 6 seconds)

If this trigger is done then the numbers would pop up every 2 seconds instead of every 1 second, making it look odd, so you should get rid of the numbers.

I feel that this model should also have a death animation and custom explosion instead of just dissappearing. I do admit however, that doing this limits the usage of this model for some people.

An Easier way of doing the explosion however is this:
[trigger=Explosion]Explosion
Events
Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Bomb
Actions
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Dying unit) using (Explosion Model)[/trigger]

Overall Opinion:
-Get rid of Numbers
-1/5 (For now, because of the numbers making it useless(in my opinion))
-5/5 if numbers are deleted/killed (whatever).
- Keep it as a dial, a fuse would be predictable and boring.
- Barrel might look pretty good

Last edited:
Level 7
3/5 +rep

if I were you, I would make a barrel instead, with piles of TNT next to it, and keep that ''meter'' it's an awesome idea :D

Agreed....
Though i would like to see a more intense explosion! but 3/5 is what i feel it deserves. Never would have thought of the idea though! so tactually i'm gonna give it 3/5 with +REP, 4/5 if more intense BOOM.....Good for goblin spells. :)

I have to agree with previous made comments, the numbers seem to be a little too high tech, however The dial seems to be ok. If you take out the numbers not only will it seem more realistic, but people can use...

huh I made numberless model for Windu. The very idea of numbers is for you to know how much time there is left. I will put numberless model in a paste bin so you can download it at will. Also I will make a bigger boom.