• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2P Campaign: Human 09

Human Campaign: The Scourge of Lordaeron
Chapter 9: Frostmourne

"The next day, at Arthas' base camp..."

Version: 2.5
Extra Score: Clear the Gold Mines

Level Description: Malganis has ordered the destruction of Arthas and his men, the time for the final battle has come. Arthas suggests that if he can attain the Runeblade 'Frostmourne', then it might be possible to turn the tide of the battle, but there is a large price to pay.

Changelog:
Version 1.0 - First complete release.
Version 1.1 - Fixed a bug which could result in not being able to save/load.
Version 1.2 - Fixed a bug with the AI.
Version 1.3 - Revised AI.
Version 1.4 - Using recent melee patch. Fixed a bug in the exchange system. Falric spell balancing.
Version 1.5 - Revised score system. Fixed Falric's revive-text.
Version 1.6 - Removed Gem of True Sight from Merchant. Effect when Falric uses great defense.
Version 1.7 - Mass code update. DISBTN Great Defense fixed.
Version 2.0 - Mass update for all maps: [link]
Version 2.1 - Fixed endgame save bug
Version 2.2 - Fixed Normal/Insane Frostmourne Arthas Stats
Version 2.3 - Insane/Normal Load Bug Fix
Version 2.4 - Gold/Lumber dummy fixes.
Version 2.5 - Arthas skill/levelling bug fix, enemy upgrade fixes, muradin item drops, other minor fixes. (Credit to McQvaBlood for this ver)
General Changes:
- Features Captain Falric
- 2 Player Base
- Techtree, Requirement and Research Systems

Insane Mode:
- Upgraded Guardian
- Upgraded Malganis
- Improved AI
- Less starter units in P2 Base

##============================================##

If you wish to report a bug, reply with feedback, or find out more about the project, please visit the Hosted Forums.

Keywords:
2, player, campaign, human, alliance, scourge, lordaeron, arthas,
Contents

2P Campaign: Human 09 (Map)

Reviews
14:41, 24th Jun 2010, by Rui: A campaign scenario edited to support two players. The author pretty much stuck to the Blizzard map, though. It's up to everyone else to decide whether that's good or bad. Reviewed and rated 3/5.

M

14:41, 24th Jun 2010, by Rui:
A campaign scenario edited to support two players. The author pretty much stuck to the Blizzard map, though. It's up to everyone else to decide whether that's good or bad. Reviewed and rated 3/5.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Tyrand said:
Yes! Chapter 09!
Yep I did it before my deadline..
Despite Mother's day xP

isus666 said:
ahh gj with the coop series...cant wait for new campaign
I don't think i'll be starting on that for about.. 3 weeks :C
I still gotta:
- Release chapter 10 (a chapter that I've created : >)
- Add Insane Mode to all the chapters
- Add some extra features and balances to the levels
- Do a final test of them all using save codes

So.. yeah sorry xP

UPDATE:
- Fixed some bugs with Falric's Spells
- Fixed a bug with the extra score
- Fixed endgame text

Last edited:
Level 2
After you finish the final versions, are you going to pack the entire campaign? That would definetly make it a lot easier to download...

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
-Crom- said:
Thx!

signoftheend said:
After you finish the final versions, are you going to pack the entire campaign? That would definetly make it a lot easier to download...
Yea I'll try get that done, I'm not sure whether I'll be able to do that on hive,
Or if it will be a link to website where I can set the the file for download

shotter said:
would be nice addition to see
I hope this is what you guys want,
Cus it will probably hinder my progress somewhat D:

Level 5
these are so fun to play with friends that i can't even describe how grateful i am that someone finally made something like this. awesome job with the human campaign, looking forward to seeing the others!

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Biggrouse said:
these are so fun to play with friends that i can't even describe how grateful i am that someone finally made something like this. awesome job with the human campaign, looking forward to seeing the others!
Thx very much!

Tulee said:
Do you have to add a secret chapter spoon? It might take up a lot of your time
Nope, I don't have to.
But I did quite a bit of work on it already so far,
And I should be able to get it released this week.
And I really think you guys will enjoy it : >

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
INSANE MODE UPDATE:
- Upgraded Guardian
- Upgraded Malganis
- Improved AI
- Less starter units in P2 Base

UPDATE:
- Techtree system added
- Upgrade system added
- Few bugs fixed
- Exchange system disabled for this level
There should be no more updates after this to this map.
(Unless a bug is found)

I have been having problems with the upgrade system in this map, so I'll probably come back to it.

Level 3
Insane Mode is bugged. Mal'ganis' undead don't do anything after I get Frostmourne. Only the purple base attacks

{EDIT}
I tested it twice with my friend and we got the same result both times :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
Having probs again. Green only sends 4-5 ghouls while purple sends abominations, meat wagons, necromancers etc etc. Not sure if this was your intention >.>

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Rui's review for "2P Campaign: Human 09"

"2P Campaign: Human 09" is a piece of the 2P Campaign series by The-Spoon. These are scenarios from the Reign of Chaos Human Campaign, The Scourge of Lordaeron, edited to support 2 players. Therefore, if you liked the campaigns a lot and wish you could play it with your friends, this is the map for you.
There are, however, a things that could have been done. People seem to have an aversion to using the melee patch for some reason, when it only comes with benefits, even if it's not a melee game. If it is, then using the latest patch is even more important. This map is using an old patch and is, logically, a map that follows the melee game type. Please go to Map Options and, on the bottom, select Melee (Latest Patch).Pretty much anything else I might suggest will most likely be countered using the «it's supposed to be exactly like Blizzard's campaign scenario» argument. Even so, perhaps there may be ways to make the game a little more exciting.The only thing I have to add is that Falric's standard grants way too much damage and that his bomb ability might deal a little too much damage as well. I understand why you'd make Mal'Ganis as tough as he is with those bats, but Falric needs his abilities' stats reconsidered.
My rating for this map is 3/5 (Acceptable). Set to Reviewed status and categorized as Altered Melee and Offense.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Thanks you for taking the time to review my map.

- I didn't know about the melee patch setting, I'll have a look at it. I hope it doesn't alter the values that I have specifically changed etc.
- I've done my best to add my own ideas to make it more exiting, an original hero, an extra difficulty, a score system. What did you have in mind?
- I do agree that maybe those spells are maybe a bit powerful, but keep in mind Falric's ability is a ward, and not an aura, and can be destroyed, requires casting and uses mana.

If you played the rest of the campaign, I hope you enjoyed it

Level 13
For some weird reason and this goes for level 5 and level 9 I tend to disconnect it will freeze then disconnect me and it happens when purple units enter my line of sight usually.

Level 2
Hey, I noticed a possible bug in this map. If Arthas is alone and green attacks him, Arthas can pop his divine shield, which will send the green army back to their base 'fending off' an attack with 0 losses.