• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

2P Campaign: Human 10

Human Campaign: The Scourge of Lordaeron
Chapter 10: Isolation

"Almost 1 week after the death of Mal'ganis, the remains of Arthas' expedition team prepare to leave Northrend..."

Version: 2.03
Extra Score: N/A

Level Description: Malganis has been defeated, but Arthas has gone missing. Falric attempts to gather the men to return home, while Arthas worships his new blade. Soon they will meet again for another eventful adventure.

Changelog:
Version 1.0 - First complete release.
Version 1.1 - Fixed a bug which could result in not being able to save/load.
Version 1.2 - Fixed a bug which would result in invulnerable boss.
Version 1.3 - Revised the previous bug.
Version 1.4 - Using recent melee patch. Falric spell balancing.
Version 1.5 - Fixed a load bug for insane mode.
Version 1.6 - Effect when Falric uses great defense. Fixed knockback bugs. Some tooltip bugs. Added 'Bracers of Unholy Strength +8', as one of the drops.
Version 1.7 - Mass code update. DISBTN Great Defense fixed.
Version 2.0 - Mass update for all maps: [link]
Version 2.1 - Starting Difficulty Reduced for Arthas on Normal Difficulty
Version 2.2 - Insane/Normal Load Bug Fix.
Version 2.03 - Reduced the health of the Necromancer's skeletons from 2000 to 200. Changed version number to match the newer maps.
Features:
- A little extra 'custom' plotline
- Original cinematics
- Individual and joint quests
- New spells
- Good use of Custom Resources
- Unique boss battles
- A grand finale

Insane Mode:
- Harder bosses
- Faster ghosts
- Less time in Part I
- Improved AI in Part I

Note:
- This is not an edition of the original blizzard levels like the other levels
- I do not own Arthas, Falric or any of the characters or elements
- This is my own version of what could've happened while Arthas is in Northrend
- Please don't flame me saying 'this isn't what happened you raped the storyline'
- I'm well aware of that, this is just my 'take' on it
- A lot of time and work has been put into this level, I know its different,
- You may get fustrated at the difficulty, but HAVE FUN : D!
- Credits for resources are found at the end of the map!

##============================================##

If you wish to report a bug, reply with feedback, or find out more about the project, please visit the Hosted Forums.

Keywords:
2, player, campaign, human, alliance, scourge, lordaeron, arthas,
Contents

2P Campaign: Human 10 (Map)

2P Campaign: Human 10 (Map)

Level 2
Well i decided to play it, and well i can say.
I can't call it 2P Campaign or co-op at all as you race against eachother.
Next , i couldn't pass the gate where ya see Malganis' ghost first time.I had entire possible part explored and had everything killed(except the dragons).
While Arthas' part is easy after the first camp.
Falrics part is too unbalanced.
From what he told me, there's no way to get lumber or gold (Which is bad for defence) except supplies to build good defence up that lasts atleast 5 minutes.
Next after around 10 minutes its hard to have anything left except Falric.
Not to mention he had enemy units use Frost nova when they had around 10 MP left.
I like the terraining, the rest however, not really.

So i guess ya get a 2/5 from me.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
darklegacy11 said:
Cool was waiting for this. Checking it out now.
Kuul have fun

Jinesis said:
Ahh so this is what you were working for. I was wondering almost daily about your next map from the campaign. This addition sounds cool too: new map, hard difficulty, can hardly wait to test this out tonight.

Feedback tomorrow. =]
Can't wait :O

WaRRioRTF said:
Well i decided to play it, and well i can say.
I can't call it 2P Campaign or co-op at all as you race against eachother.
Next , i couldn't pass the gate where ya see Malganis' ghost first time.I had entire possible part explored and had everything killed(except the dragons).
While Arthas' part is easy after the first camp.
Falrics part is too unbalanced.
From what he told me, there's no way to get lumber or gold (Which is bad for defence) except supplies to build good defence up that lasts atleast 5 minutes.
Next after around 10 minutes its hard to have anything left except Falric.
Not to mention he had enemy units use Frost nova when they had around 10 MP left.
I like the terraining, the rest however, not really.

So i guess ya get a 2/5 from me.
I'm sorry to hear this. But lemmi explain a few mishaps,
If you bothered to play past the first part of the level, you would've found that you do play co-operatively with Falric.
Second, that gate opens when you destroy the second camp which is near the gate, so you had evidently not explored the whole area.
I know it is difficult for both players, but if your companion had tried exploring the map and doing the sub-quest, he would've found more supplies and troops to defend the base.
Also I believe the lich has a spell to sacrifice allies for mana.

But thanks for playing either way.

Level 15
Its nice i've played it with my friend and we made it to that freak hunter in stage 2 it was hard like hell so falric died and we had to start from the start, which we didnt cuz it took us more than half hour! I think time should be lower, falric part should be easier and arthas need to destroy less bases and kill less creeps (cuz time change). allso u gonna make undead campaign? i whould really like to test it :]] 3/5 till u fix it ,and i whould like to play it right away when its out! :D

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
sagi5533 said:
Its nice i've played it with my friend and we made it to that freak hunter in stage 2 it was hard like hell so falric died and we had to start from the start, which we didnt cuz it took us more than half hour! I think time should be lower, falric part should be easier and arthas need to destroy less bases and kill less creeps (cuz time change). allso u gonna make undead campaign? i whould really like to test it :]] 3/5 till u fix it ,and i whould like to play it right away when its out! :D
Yeeaah.. I'm probably not gonna cut out half the map because you can't be bothered to try again.
Thanks anyway.

Level 2
I'm sorry to hear this. But lemmi explain a few mishaps,
If you bothered to play past the first part of the level, you would've found that you do play co-operatively with Falric.
Second, that gate opens when you destroy the second camp which is near the gate, so you had evidently not explored the whole area.
I know it is difficult for both players, but if your companion had tried exploring the map and doing the sub-quest, he would've found more supplies and troops to defend the base.
Also I believe the lich has a spell to sacrifice allies for mana.

But thanks for playing either way.

Well, thanks for clearing some stuff up.
I think me and friend will try to play it again for fifth and maybe more times next day and I'll re-rate it.
I could of sworn i explored entire area though. We really would like a -newskipintro or -loadskipintro commands too :D

Level 2
Well, I can't agree with WaRRioRTF. I didn't play Arthas yet, but Falrics part isn't so hard. Usually I'm defending my encampment with all my troops, when Falric is soloing on creeps. With healing salves I didn't have any problem with killing them (including dragons, you just need to spam your combat ward). We got more problems on skeletons and boss (we had to load several times before we killed him...). But the last duel was epic, I saved world by defeating Arthas!;D

This map IMHO deserves 5/5 and that's my rate (if I can rate>_>).

Level 1
Hmm well, here's my feedback:
Actually I'm a lil disappointed about this map due to my high expectations.
Most of the flaws are already stated out by others like Falric starting part is too difficult compared to Arthas'; no shared vision is annoying, may it's intented to; scenematic is not skipable; overall, it feels a bit beta'ish.:wink:

The switches are very creative to me and the Dead Eye fight is very original.:thumbs_up:

And I'm still looking forward to the Undead co-op campaign.:grin:

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
barowei said:
Well, I can't agree with WaRRioRTF. I didn't play Arthas yet, but Falrics part isn't so hard. Usually I'm defending my encampment with all my troops, when Falric is soloing on creeps. With healing salves I didn't have any problem with killing them (including dragons, you just need to spam your combat ward). We got more problems on skeletons and boss (we had to load several times before we killed him...). But the last duel was epic, I saved world by defeating Arthas!;D

This map IMHO deserves 5/5 and that's my rate (if I can rate>_>).
Also I'm not sure if the map supports save/loading, but it seems like it does mostly.
And thx v, v much <3

takakenji said:
way too hard for arthas imo
Biggrouse said:
i love your remakes but this was quite hard. it's great, otherwise, though
Yep its difficult, but people complained my other maps were too easy and blahblah x.x.
You could try using saves/loads during the level like barowei did.

Jinesis said:
Hmm well, here's my feedback:
Actually I'm a lil disappointed about this map due to my high expectations.
Most of the flaws are already stated out by others like Falric starting part is too difficult compared to Arthas'; no shared vision is annoying, may it's intented to; scenematic is not skipable; overall, it feels a bit beta'ish.

The switches are very creative to me and the Dead Eye fight is very original.

And I'm still looking forward to the Undead co-op campaign.
I find that they're both equally as difficult.
There are posts saying that they are both difficult, which is probably true.
No shared vision, yeah that was intented.
And I'll probably make the longer cinematics skippable >>
And thx : O
And yea.. guess I'll start the undead campaign soon.

I'm sorry to everyone that this was below your expectations.
I'll probably never try anything like this again.

Level 2
You can try it again if you want to, but i'd recommend to give a bigger hint of where we're supposed to go or what to do next time, After start for Arthas i was just cluelessly running around thinking where to go. (Which i think got me to miss the camp)
Also friend also said that he tried exploring and found just dead ends.

I'll edit this post after we do the 5th try.

Level 2
Save/load worked well. Without this we would probably abandon it (25min part is really long and it's pain to make it again several times...).
WaRRioRTF: If you want I can give you some hints about playing Falric. The most important one: don't forget to save:p

Level 1
Amg Spoonooo! Awsum map, alright? :eek:
Especially the ending Cinematics are le gasms xD
Where did you get the ideas for them from?! :O
Nah j/k but Good Job! *thumbs up* <3

Would rate 5/5 But 10 days noob protection D:

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
WaRRioRTF said:
You can try it again if you want to, but i'd recommend to give a bigger hint of where we're supposed to go or what to do next time, After start for Arthas i was just cluelessly running around thinking where to go. (Which i think got me to miss the camp)
Also friend also said that he tried exploring and found just dead ends.

I'll edit this post after we do the 5th try.
Well I guess you guys don't like exploring for yourselves,
The camps are revealed in the new update : /

barowei said:
Save/load worked well. Without this we would probably abandon it (25min part is really long and it's pain to make it again several times...).
WaRRioRTF: If you want I can give you some hints about playing Falric. The most important one: don't forget to save:p
I've put a hint in a about saving like you suggested, thx.

UPDATE:
- The camps for Arthas and Falric have been revealed
- Hint about saving/loading ingame
- Skip Cinematic for the 3 long cinematics
- Soul Drain spell is now an attack spell (like searing arrows)
- Other units cannot target Arthas' illusions
- Roar on the skeleton was replaced with Howl of Terror
- Rockin Arthas added to the credits
- Few other bugs fixed

Level 2
Ok, I played it as Arthas and that was 4th time, that's enough so I don't think I will dl fixed ver:p Now with another friend we made it without loads [once we had to start it from beginning, because I failed with searching 2nd camp, but now, as I see, this bug is fixed (I wanted to suggest ping on camps, but only for Arthas, because it's his main quest)] and boss didn't even look so hard as before (my friend was fighting with him first time...). I'm not sure about Arthas/Falric balancing, because on 4 duels 3 were won by Falric, and 4th one was set to see another ending, maybe you should check it out (but that wasn't updated version)?

And one important thing: now I see, that save isn't working w/o problems. Sometimes this option is blocked, I suspect, it may be something like only 1 save per player, but I didn't test it exactly. Actually, it looks likes.

Level 1
I got owned by Spoon when he was Arthas (OMG! :O) I think its pretty balanced, it only depends on how to play hims xP (Those priests Arthas can summon got Death Coil btw :eek: I think you can use it on Falric..Not sure tho'..Can't remember lul!)

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
takakenji said:
lol i like the alternate falric ending, here comes lich king falric :p

anyways, this is actually very good and fits into lore well.
Thx for playing it through, and glad you eventually enjoyed it XP

fess said:
this isn't what happened you raped the storyline
*Ignores obvious troll*

barowei said:
Ok, I played it as Arthas and that was 4th time, that's enough so I don't think I will dl fixed ver:p Now with another friend we made it without loads [once we had to start it from beginning, because I failed with searching 2nd camp, but now, as I see, this bug is fixed (I wanted to suggest ping on camps, but only for Arthas, because it's his main quest)] and boss didn't even look so hard as before (my friend was fighting with him first time...). I'm not sure about Arthas/Falric balancing, because on 4 duels 3 were won by Falric, and 4th one was set to see another ending, maybe you should check it out (but that wasn't updated version)?

And one important thing: now I see, that save isn't working w/o problems. Sometimes this option is blocked, I suspect, it may be something like only 1 save per player, but I didn't test it exactly. Actually, it looks likes.
Yeah I wouldn't bother playing the updated version,
Thx for playing it all, and the bosses are quite easy really XP
I'm not sure about the balancing either, but when I play Arthas seems to win xP
Remember that some of his skeleton summons have spells which you should utilise
I think with the saves, don't overwrite them, make a new one each time you save.

Level 4
I haven't tried it out but this is what I want to say first:
Don't stop because you got some negative feedback. I guess this was the first time you tried it and also you finished it without support from the community. You will learn from your mistakes and the next ones will be better.
Also people that found the previous maps too easy seem to forget that that was intended by blizzard anyways. They should try to play the original version again and will see that also that is a piece of cake. I for my part found The Culling to be more difficult in your map than in the original one because of the level 8 Mal'ganis. I also had to actually concentrate at the beginning of map 9 (I fail at multitasking). So for all the people that don't play so much warcraft, and after a long time playing the campaign they get showed this by their friends and play it through the easy human campaign till level 9, such a hard level 10 may be kind of a shock.

Keep up the good work and thanks for the nice time you gave me and my friend reviewing the campaign.

EDIT: ups... I only saw the first page and kind of overreacted when you said that you will not do something like this again XD

Second edit (after running the map 2 times): There is a huge bug with me and my friend. The game stays stuck at the Arthas guitarist both during and after the cuscene.
Please fix this as soon as possible because I really want to play this map.

Last edited:

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
*Facepalm*

Update:
- Unplayable bug fixed

(Not bothering with quotes)
Thx for your support Rafinius,
I set the other levels to hard mode, thats why he was level 8 XP
And glad you enjoyed the campaign so far,
I really hope you enjoy this level >3<, I did put a lot of effort in :C
(Kinda why I was all grumpy)

Level 2
I didn't say the level was bad. I liked it but it's hard for more linear players as they're not used to exploring stuff and mostly end up missing important parts (Like me)

Edit : WHEW ! As far as we got, i must say. IT WAS AWESOME.
After first part of campaign, I kept dieing so we swapped places, My friend was able to destroy 3rd camp and i suceeded defending. (Even though i lost all my troops at last 5 seconds and was forced to run circles)
I liked the cutscene before 2nd part and The 2nd part overall, however we had quite nice problems in the cave and with the Puzzle.
Well i can't say much as i'm not good at reviews however.
Only thing we disliked is the fact that it asked too much from More inexperienced players.
Otherwise ya get a 4 out of me!

Last edited:

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Greatman said:
really good work you should really do it with the other campaigns too and unlike the other maps you made this one was really hard.
Thx very much! And.. I dunno if I am gonna bother with the rest though D:

WaRRioRTF said:
I didn't say the level was bad. I liked it but it's hard for more linear players as they're not used to exploring stuff and mostly end up missing important parts (Like me)

Edit : WHEW ! As far as we got, i must say. IT WAS AWESOME.
After first part of campaign, I kept dieing so we swapped places, My friend was able to destroy 3rd camp and i suceeded defending. (Even though i lost all my troops at last 5 seconds and was forced to run circles)
I liked the cutscene before 2nd part and The 2nd part overall, however we had quite nice problems in the cave and with the Puzzle.
Well i can't say much as i'm not good at reviews however.
Only thing we disliked is the fact that it asked too much from More inexperienced players.
Otherwise ya get a 4 out of me!
Well I'm glad you got further XP
Shame you did not complete it though, the ending battle is quite fun : O
Did you get stuck at the puzzle? Maybe I need to write a guide o.o
Yeah its hard, I did warn you!

Level 2
Thx very much! And.. I dunno if I am gonna bother with the rest though D:

Well I'm glad you got further XP
Shame you did not complete it though, the ending battle is quite fun : O
Did you get stuck at the puzzle? Maybe I need to write a guide o.o
Yeah its hard, I did warn you!

It's not the puzzle, It's after after you go deeper in the cave and as the battles(Two battles before Deadeye) got stronger we got surrounded and died. Good thing we saved : P

Edit : Well we beat it. And i must say, I kind of disliked how Falric's Shield bash overpowers Arthas skills.

Last edited:
Level 2
yaya finished it! Lol
anyways i was wondering if the undead campigan will be 2 players or 3 players cuz according to wc3 lore arthas had 2 captains : Falric and Marwyn ?

Not sure about if im right but
The reason its called 2P campaign it's because its Campaign modified for 2 players
(Even though i would like to see 3 player version, maps aren't made for that)

Level 1
Really good idea, nice work. I enjoy it. 5/5 from me. I'm still waiting for next part of two players campaign. Good luck

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
sagi5533 said:
yaya finished it! Lol
anyways i was wondering if the undead campigan will be 2 players or 3 players cuz according to wc3 lore arthas had 2 captains : Falric and Marwyn ?
There a couple levels I might make a special 3-player edition for.
Such as the last level of the NE Campaign. (Or you can set it to a computer and play like normal)
Anyway, well done for completing it, sorry I was a bit nasty earlier, hope you enjoyed it!

Beniozaur said:
Really good idea, nice work. I enjoy it. 5/5 from me. I'm still waiting for next part of two players campaign. Good luck
Thxs very much, and for the 5/5 too,
Been so hard to get 5s for this chapter for some reason :C
Hope you enjoyed it!

Level 4
Please just don't make a 3 player campaign out of this. It would just not be pretty. Some big maps could be made 3 player, but keep them low.

Level 3
Ah finally Spoon your last map :)
I will test it with my friend tomorrow or so.
Maybe i'll find something to improve (hope i won't) :D

Hope you will create more campaings

Level 1
I played with my friend. I was Falric and found it extremely easy. I didn't lose a single troop until the last five minutes. I got bored out of my mind sitting there doing nothing for such long periods of time. My friend said Arthas was way too easy for him also. I scouted out the optional camps early and had all those extra troops/cash. After I completed that it was painfully boring. We just started the part where they get together though. Friends logged on bnet so we saved to AT with them instead -.-

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Light0ne. said:
I played with my friend. I was Falric and found it extremely easy. I didn't lose a single troop until the last five minutes. I got bored out of my mind sitting there doing nothing for such long periods of time. My friend said Arthas was way too easy for him also. I scouted out the optional camps early and had all those extra troops/cash. After I completed that it was painfully boring. We just started the part where they get together though. Friends logged on bnet so we saved to AT with them instead -.-
I'm sorry you found the level so painfully easy.
Not everyone on this website seems to be quite as skilled as you.
I've not made it any more difficult since their posts really,
So I've pretty much decided now to ignore anyone's plees about difficulty,
Because I don't think my map is too easy, nor impossibly hard,
But I've had posts for both now.

Level 3
dude... I LOVE YOUR MAPS!!! they are so good. i once tried to make a multiplayer campaign and it was horrible. yours are so good. I also luv the 10th mission! its so hard and you need a lot of strategy. but its so fun. the only problem that i know is that for arthas if the bandit lord looking guy pushes you then you can get stuck. Then it can mess up the game. It happened to me and made me mad... other than that... I LOVE YOU!!!!! no homo

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
whiteboy said:
dude... I LOVE YOUR MAPS!!! they are so good. i once tried to make a multiplayer campaign and it was horrible. yours are so good. I also luv the 10th mission! its so hard and you need a lot of strategy. but its so fun. the only problem that i know is that for arthas if the bandit lord looking guy pushes you then you can get stuck. Then it can mess up the game. It happened to me and made me mad... other than that... I LOVE YOU!!!!! no homo
Erm thanks? : D
Also thanks for finding that bug, I'll try fix it!

Level 1
Also a thought. I think one reason people get owned on Falric's part is because they aren't smart enough to turn off the priests heal and just heal specific units at a time. When you leave heal on with your units diseased you just waste a ton of the priests precious mana.
Maybe for normal mode leave disease cloud off and for insane mode turn it on along with a couple of buffs.

Level 3
It took more time than i thought but i finally tested the map.

There is a minor cheat (bug), because you can push the ice golem on those levitation areas with the knockback spell "shieldbash" and then you can only kill the golem with the "shockwave" of arthas.

The map terrain is really nice and fits to the rest of the campaing and we had to try the map only 2 times because my friend tried to kill the lich :) at the beginning and falric died.
The part of Arthas is a little bit to easy and the Falric part isn't as difficult as people told before.

I enjoyed playing the map and vote with 4,5/5 because of the minor bug.

Last edited:

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Light0ne. said:
Also a thought. I think one reason people get owned on Falric's part is because they aren't smart enough to turn off the priests heal and just heal specific units at a time. When you leave heal on with your units diseased you just waste a ton of the priests precious mana.
Maybe for normal mode leave disease cloud off and for insane mode turn it on along with a couple of buffs.
Yes I will do that, thanks for the suggestion!

Pecki said:
I took more time then i thought but i finally tested the map.

There is a minor cheat (bug), because you can push the ice golem on those levitation areas with the knockback spell "shieldbash" and then you can only kill the golem with the "shockwave" of arthas.

The map terrain is really nice and fits to the rest of the campaing and we had to try the map only 2 times because my friend tried to kill the lich :) at the beginning and falric died.
The part of Arthas is a little bit to easy and the Falric part isn't as difficult as people told before.

I enjoyed playing the map and vote with 4,5/5 because of the minor bug.
Thx for playing,
Yeah my knockback seems to be quite buggy, I'll have to fix it.
Glad you enjoyed it!

Level 3
So at the moment there is no way to skip the first cinematic?
Maybe something is wrong with your "Skip Cinematic" Trigger, but i didn't look through the whole trigger

And people in this thread told that you can save during the game???
I tried it in game with the command -save .... but it didn't.

Level 3
Oh.... I read the changelogs now... i played one of the older version maybe you could add something like v.01... and at least Final Version or so.
Forget about my post before you fixed everything :)
Good job:)

Level 1
This is pretty damn good, terraining is good, the difficulty is a fair step up from Frostmourne (Under the Burning Sky is going to blow D:), the personalities are believable, the gameplay is fun and creative, and the customized ending for this is satisfying.

Aside from a few small things, this is a Blizzard Quality campaign mission and don't stop this project. Can't wait for Undead.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
sumkidnamedwillis said:
This is pretty damn good, terraining is good, the difficulty is a fair step up from Frostmourne (Under the Burning Sky is going to blow D:), the personalities are believable, the gameplay is fun and creative, and the customized ending for this is satisfying.

Aside from a few small things, this is a Blizzard Quality campaign mission and don't stop this project. Can't wait for Undead.
Thx for posting, do let me know about these small things, cus I can fix them ^^
(As much as I rage XD)

Witch-King said:
Good one, 5/5! :D
8D!

Level 3
"...Several more of the lost troops"
Sounds odd, but that's just me.

The Knight hero guy that comes out randomly is ridiculous. KB isn't really needed at that extreme, other then that it seemed like a real WC3 campaign map. Stopped playing after I died to the Knight hero guy, though

Level 2
ok,
when i was playing arthas and tried to destroy last human camp with leader "garitos model" he used charge on me and i got stuck in trees xD please fix that