• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2P Campaign

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
2P Campaign : Arthas
Created by: [The]Blood_Head on Eurobattle
Chapter One: The Vision
Version 1.0:
Uploaded: 2P Campaign : Arthas
"Early the next morning, on the outskirts of Stratholme..."
version: 1.1:
- Fixed bugs
- Lowered amout of gold in mines
- Added a new optional Quest

Sagi5533 Presents

2P Campaign: Arthas
Created by [The]Blood_Head

Map Info:

inspired by Thespoons 2p campaigns I thought to myself why not to try something different, why not to give Arthas Menethill other choice instead of turning to cold hearten Death Knight? this is about alternative timeline where Arthas is exposed to what might happen should he purge Stratholme, and by doing so changing the entire Warcraft III lore. I hope you would like it, comments will be appreciated. and yes, grammar Nazis will probably kill me. however im not geting along with the load system triggers so for now i'll just give the heros similar items they owned on the previous chapters.

Features:

- I'll add later A save/load code system.
- Story stays true to belive despite major lore changes.
- All levels are set as Hard, there will be no easy/normal/hard choices.

The Lore:

And yes, of course here Arthas won't become a servant of the Lich King so i might add new campaigns after humans one for orcs/night elfs/undead view. Advices and help with these maps will be appreciated. to be honest i didn't plan on uploading these campaigns it was supposed to be only for me and my mates on eurobattle but they insisted it's a good idea and i should share it so here i am. :D

Screenshots:

Uther and Arthas Intro:

158242-albums8713-picture105966.png

Arthas and Alexstrasza:

158242-albums8713-picture105965.png

Arthas Betrayal:

158242-albums8713-picture105964.png

158242-albums8713-picture105963.png

Credits:

Special Thanks:

- Sellenisko : Alexstrazsa's model
- Kuhneghetz : Undead Arthas on foot
- TheSpoon : For the idea of 2P campaigns

[/hidden]

Keywords:
Arthas, 2p, terenas, uther, jaina, lordaeron, kingdom, fall, of, azeroth, mal'ganis, alextrasza, varian, muradin, 2 players.
Contents

2P Campaign (Map)

Reviews
15:37, 7th Apr 2016 Rufus: Rufus ReviewMap ScoreGameplay:11 / 30Aesthetics:13 / 20Total:24 / 50 Rating Chart 45-505/5 Highly Recommended35-444/5 Recommended25-343/5 Useful15-242/5 Lacking0-141/5 Unacceptable Gameplay Chapter 1: The players...

M

15:37, 7th Apr 2016
Rufus:
profilepic210991_9.gif
Rufus Review
Map Score
Gameplay:11 / 30
Aesthetics:13 / 20
Total:24 / 50

Rating Chart
45-505/5 Highly Recommended
35-444/5 Recommended
25-343/5 Useful
15-242/5 Lacking
0-141/5 Unacceptable

mapdev.gif
Gameplay
Chapter 1:
The players don't really need to depend on each other in any special way. This might have aswell have been a single player campaign.
We had pretty fun the first chapter, but immidiatly stated that we realized that the game might be a little slow. We were pinned to the top-right cornor of the map with an entire city in front of that we din't even needed to explore. all we had to do was basically build a wall of towers, and then not do anything else. We tried to be a little sportmanlike and avoided this however by just building a few each. It turned out that the towers were only needed on one front, since there were barely any enemies coming from the west. We held out and was victorious, but it didn't really feel like we accomplish anything. Also, the gold mine expansions to the west was never a target for enemies who just walked past if they were going there at all. Normally in vblizzard campaigns, you have to complete and optinal quest to obtain one extra gold mine. Those two were completely free however, resulting in lots of extra gold. One would have been enough, or perhaps you should have placed them further apart so one player can't take them both with one townhall.

Chapter 2:
Arthas stated that he was going to go see his father, and left Uther and Jaina to build a few bases, which doesn't make sense really as they are already in a heavyily fortified city in the middle of the human kingdom. Additionally, for some reason Arthas was placed outside the gate in the middle of the road for no appearant reason. However, only player one got to control a hero here. Uther was computer controlled, and even though the heroes wasn't needed in that stage, it was strange that one player had a hero and the other didn't.

The waves of enmies in this map was much harder than the first map which is good. hHwever, we barely hold on, by building a bunch of towers in a narrow walk way. That is the only reason we could live until the timer ran out. You might want to consider to nerf this a little.

Chapter 3:
All units save for the heores was not really needed in this mission as out heroes were super-strong already. You should either make enemies stronger, or heroes weaker. The item drops only made it all easier. It was a nice feeling of power, although unbalance and not very fun in the long-run.

terrianforum.gif
Aesthetics
Chapter 1:
I like that you used the original warcraft map as a template.
The opening cinematics were great! Your future vision was a good idea, however, it would have been better if arthas was a little transparent, indicating that he wasn't really there. Also, his animation is set to unanimated, holding him in a strange stiff position with his book floating beside him. This needs fixing.

I won't take the terrain into consideration as it is not yours.

Chapter 2:
The city was quite beautiful. Well created in most aspects. The outside and the walls wasn't very good though. I think most mappers can agree with me when I say "noise is bad". The noise tool never create an appealing terrain. you didn't use it much, but the few areas outside the walls it was applied on, didn't look very good. the walls also had the higher / lower tool used on them, making them look strange and tilting. I also don't approve the cliff caves in the city, they don't fit and have visual bugs.

Chapter 3:
You used many "statues" in this mission. I think it was at perhaps six occasions that the golems came alive. It felt repetetive and it is not very original. The atmosphere was good, however there were a few areas that had been left pretty blank and dull. The terrain could be improved by adding more doodads.

What really bugged me about this mission was that king terenas ahd changed. He no longer used the king model, but instead looked like the white-haired Paladin.

Also, Jaina couldn't possibly know what the lever releasing the deom did, yet she told everyone as if it was natural. This didn't work completely either. see bugs section.

I like the touch that it was the bloodhill bandits that made a comeback.

triggersandscriptsforum.gif
Bugs
Chapter 1:
Jaina's return timer restarts after it expires.
Jaina just appeared. No teleport in or anything. Suddenly she just stood beside us.

Chapter 2:
Arthas appeared on the road instead of in the throne room as stated in the gameplay section of this review.
Before launching the chapter I had to fill the enemies and allies with computer players myself.

Chapter 3:
The lever outside the bandits demon prison under the capital of the human kingdom didn't work properly. it opened the demons cells, but the demons didn't attack.

updatesandnewsforum.gif
Summary
There are quite a lot of things that doesn't work as intended. The campaign in general felt a little repetetive, and slow-going. The best mission according to me was the third one, were you didn't rely on a timer as main-game function. In general this campaign is approvable in its current state when the bugs are fixed. If you want a good rating however, you'll need to work further with each episode, and perhaps a few side-quests and new ideas.
I also think that you should add save codes. No data or items were transferred between the maps, which caused each map to be a reset of items and resources. Although since there wwasn't many items to pick up, it wasn't the biggest of issues.

The terrain was well done overall. The city in the second chapter was grand and beautiful, though with a few flaws. The third chapter was not as good looking as the second, as a few areas were left blank and uninhabited, but still provided the right vibe and atmosphere.

The storyline was interesting andwell done. The cinematics also looked really good, save for a few details.
Those two were the biggest pluses of this campaign.

This map can be approved with a rating of 2/5 when all bugs have been resolved. For now, its status is set to Awaiting Update.

Level 14
Well playing this campaign map with an alternated event is pretty much a good experience of what happen through the story.
Although it's a good map, the grammar at the cinematic must be fixed.

I can't play this map until I had the hands of my PC. Good luck! :csmile:

Level 15
Well playing this campaign map with an alternated event is pretty much a good experience of what happen through the story.
Although it's a good map, the grammar at the cinematic must be fixed.

I can't play this map until I had the hands of my PC. Good luck! :csmile:
Thanks a lot! :D To be honest i finished the first 3 chapters already and they came out really nice (the next ones are made by me completely) was hard work, and yes I'm aware of my grammar problems, I'll try fixing it.

Level 9
I haven't played this yet, but I love the idea of it. Are you going to remake the chapters before this, or just from chapter 6 onward? Also, is this truly 2 player? Can I play it by myself and get the same experience?

Level 15
I haven't played this yet, but I love the idea of it. Are you going to remake the chapters before this, or just from chapter 6 onward? Also, is this truly 2 player? Can I play it by myself and get the same experience?
Well already started the next chapters, It will be from chapter 6 and onward. And this map is meant to be played by 2 players. I didn't add any loading system yet though so if you are pro enough you can play it on single player too.

Level 26
Hi Sagi.
I intend to moderate your 2p campaign maps.

Can we play them all through together anytime soon?
This gives you an unique opportunity to give your input and explain your intentions as we play it.
I have gameranger as a multiplayer platform.

Does this fit you, or should I ask someone else to do it with me?

Level 15
Thank you for feedback though..

Well to be honest, I was thinking about updating them.. Didn't think you will fail me this fast :p I was working hard to finish all chapters (they are now all completed, 9 chapters in total - and the next ones r much better in my opinion).. though i'll gladly test them with you, My name is [The]Blood_Head on eurobattle.net. Can i chat with you via facebook/skype/whatsapp?

Level 15
Hi Sagi.
I intend to moderate your 2p campaign maps.

Can we play them all through together anytime soon?
This gives you an unique opportunity to give your input and explain your intentions as we play it.
I have gameranger as a multiplayer platform.

Does this fit you, or should I ask someone else to do it with me?
I also would like to add that I've been working on all these chapters alone, I Didnt get any help with the Terrian, Lore ideas, doods etc so if you will be able to test with me all the 9 chapters (and consider there r some bugs that need be fixed bcause to be honest I didn't plan on uploading it, Just wanted to share my ideas with Hiveworkshop :p) I would like you to reconsider your rating. :)

Level 26
Well, you shouldn't upload them to the maps section with the intention to update them later as you know that they might not be good enough.
Next time, use the map development forum. :)

I was working hard to finish all chapters (they are now all completed, 9 chapters in total
Woah, good job!

I'd like to try them out with you some time, as I can give you direct feedback then.
However, that will not be for a duration as I want to make sure you improve your map on your own first.
We should wait 15 days minimum.

I suggest you check through your mission thouroughly, in order to detect all possible bugs you can encounter before we play it together.
This is important, as I will not be willing to retry it very soon after that, if it is not already in an acceptable state.

So for now, work hard on improving the missions I already reviewed, and try to think like a sceptic when you try out your other own maps, criticizing everything.

Good luck! :)

EDIT:
I also would like to add that I've been working on all these chapters alone, I Didnt get any help with the Terrian, Lore ideas, doods etc so if you will be able to test with me all the 9 chapters (and consider there r some bugs that need be fixed bcause to be honest I didn't plan on uploading it, Just wanted to share my ideas with Hiveworkshop :p) I would like you to reconsider your rating. :)
Didn't see this post. You shouldn't double post! :)
Well, I'm not supposed to work as a tester for people, but rather as a gate keeper to keep WIP, beta and alpha, and low quality maps ot of hte approved section. Therefore I can't test the map with you.
I think you should turn to the map development forum in order to get a few batches of feedback before trying to get the map approved, unless you think you can make your campaign acceptable without it.

Level 15
Well, you shouldn't upload them to the maps section with the intention to update them later as you know that they might not be good enough.
Next time, use the map development forum. :)

Woah, good job!

I'd like to try them out with you some time, as I can give you direct feedback then.
However, that will not be for a duration as I want to make sure you improve your map on your own first.
We should wait 15 days minimum.

I suggest you check through your mission thouroughly, in order to detect all possible bugs you can encounter before we play it together.
This is important, as I will not be willing to retry it very soon after that, if it is not already in an acceptable state.

So for now, work hard on improving the missions I already reviewed, and try to think like a sceptic when you try out your other own maps, criticizing everything.

Good luck! :)

EDIT:

Didn't see this post. You shouldn't double post! :)
Well, I'm not supposed to work as a tester for people, but rather as a gate keeper to keep WIP, beta and alpha, and low quality maps ot of hte approved section. Therefore I can't test the map with you.
I think you should turn to the map development forum in order to get a few batches of feedback before trying to get the map approved, unless you think you can make your campaign acceptable without it.
Thank you for your replay :)
I understand you can't test these maps with me, For now ill try working on fixing the problems you mentioned(by the way I liked your ideas with making Arthas transparent on chapter one and lowered gold mine in chap 1 so players will have to explore a bit the map), I updated first chapter though might still need development forum for loading codes/using AI as I'm terrible at it :p

Level 26
Glad I could help!

...so players will have to explore a bit the map
Good. :)

have you made a post about the load codes in any forum?
I think you should get started on them, as a campaign could really use those.

Suggestion:
I'm not sure I mentioned the heroes aswell. They are too powerful too early. Level 10 and 7 I think in this chapter. I suggest you lower their level slightly when you get the codes working.
This is up to you of course, as you are in charge of the map, but I think people will enjoy leveling up their hero a little. :)

Level 15
Glad I could help!

Good. :)

have you made a post about the load codes in any forum?
I think you should get started on them, as a campaign could really use those.

Suggestion:
I'm not sure I mentioned the heroes aswell. They are too powerful too early. Level 10 and 7 I think in this chapter. I suggest you lower their level slightly when you get the codes working.
This is up to you of course, as you are in charge of the map, but I think people will enjoy leveling up their hero a little. :)
I thought the same to be honest, But I also wanted it to stay true to Blizzard Campaign from Culling of Stratholme part (Arthas was level 6, Uther was already 10, Jaina was also around 6 and as for terenas, I assume he deserve a level 10 at his age :p) . This will be fixed later as I plan to make an Undead part as well, I already finished the humans part up to the end with a friend, Most bugs are on chapters 2-4, The other ones are much less buggy and might be a bit easy. However my point here is not the difficult, I want players to enjoy a fresh new lore. By the way, For you to test them with me I must upload them all first?

Level 26
Sure we can test them when all of them are ready. :)

Do you know how long that would take to finish them?
I'm going to put this to awaiting update until they are, though, since I don't want to run them through an extra time before we do our playthrough. :)

Level 15
Sure we can test them when all of them are ready. :)

Do you know how long that would take to finish them?
I'm going to put this to awaiting update until they are, though, since I don't want to run them through an extra time before we do our playthrough. :)
It might take long since I need to figure out how to use the AI Editor, and loading system.. anyways I was also thinking about releasing a campaign with all chapters for single player first and later take my time on the 2p campaign but at the moment I'm kinda busy so I will see how long will it take me :)