• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2P Campaign for Warcraft III: Reforged!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi TheSpoon, McQvaBlood, Gismo359 and Turnro,

Really love your work. I was curious to as what are your thoughts regarding Warcraft III: Reforged? Blizzard has promised that old custom maps will work with remastered version of the game too. So, in principle, it should be possible to play your current work with UHD graphics on WC3R without need for further effort on your behalf. That being said, Blizzard has indicated that remastering will be more than just a facelift to 4k – that Warcraft III will be retrospectively brought into line with WoW canon, in terms of both story and visualizations. That will probably mean that they will overhaul the maps too. Which means that if current 2P campaign maps will be run in WC3R, they might still look quite different from the actual WC3R campaign maps, despite using same, 4k, character models. So, long story short, are you guys also thinking about reconverting upcoming WC3R campaign maps—if they indeed are substantially different from current ones—into 2P ones or are you too busy or simply uninterested in that.

The reason I am asking is that I want to introduce the Warcraft III to my very good friend who usually doesn't play PC games and what better way to do it than by playing through campaign together. Though, if there is any chance that we’ll be able to play 2P campaign with UHD quality graphics in 2019, then I’d rather wait until we can play with new graphics in WC3R. But if you don’t see yourself going over the work any time soon after WC3R release, I might as well start the campaign with my friend now and enjoy WC3R campaign in solo.

Many thanks for great campaign again and looking forward to hearing your thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.