• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

2nd Story Buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Alright i dont have much time right now so let me make this quick alright i have found out how to make 2 story buildings in warcraft 3 by manipulating the unit enters region trigger to create an invisible bridge which will act as the second floor until the unit leaves the area although i do not know if it is MUI (multi unit instancible)

i will update this post when i get home and probably post a testmap on epicwar so that you can see exactly what im talking about.

i was wondering myself why no one had found out how to create 2nd floors but to do it properly you will probably have to use custom models that take place of bridges and look like tiles/flooring for it to be fully realistic.

i will post more about this later tell me what you think.

EDIT* heres the test map so you can better understand what im saying

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/122665/

What i am talking about is unit goes upstairs then floor is created but when unit goes back downstairs floor is removed since you cannot walk underneath warcraft bridges

Last edited:
Level 6
Gaias Retalliation has a second floor building. Perhaps Craka can ask the creator of it how he did it. Or even ask Pyrite. His campaign has a second floor in the house.

Level 12
this is just showing creating the bridge then destroying it but it can be done the same in a "house"

but if theres an easier way to do this like how pyrite did it or the orpg map ooloof mentioned then i would go for it because using it this way would block off the downstairs if someone went upstairs

Gaias Retaliation ORPG doesnt have 2 story houses i jsut tested it they just take you to seperate areas on the map that look the same

Last edited:
Level 12
Yea they wau i did it if 2 people entered and 1 went upstairs then the other would be teleported above it maybe i should update my test map to show that when a person is under it and another goes over it then it puts the one thats under it on top of it

Level 25
It's tough to navigate through that site since it is in Russian. Could you please Private Message me links to each map? I'd really appreciate it. As for the models, I already have them from that site. :wink:

Many thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.