• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Towers get destroyed when on water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Im not really sure where im supposed to post this... but im very new to the map making idea, and im trying to make it so that i have a marble floor on the editor with water overtop of it. I see this on many warcraft 3 maps and would really like to know how to go about doing this. Much appreciation for any help.

Alright, i found out how to do it... Next problem is, i cant seem to keep my towers right where i have them set. once i have them set in water they destroy. any ideas?

Last edited:
Level 9
Wow, thanks a bunch. I have one more for you. My map, well it saves all nice and dandy. But when i go to re open it, i cant seem to get it open. This sounds kinda dumb but it'd be nice to not have to start all over again, not that i've done much as of yet.

on the map im making, i would like a few towers to be indestructable, but not all towers of the same type. Is this possible?

Do NOT double-post. Use the Edit Post button.
~Posts Merged

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 18
Is the map still playable? If not, you have the bad luck of having the World Editor accidently delete all MPQ data and leave your map to be a blank file. This happens once per 843792563894652394865234569234 times, although I had such issues 4 times in the last 6 months. Unpleasant, yes. Try opening the map with WinMPQ/PowerMPQ and if you have imported models/skins, remove them, some may be corrupt.

About the towers.

Make a trigger:

• Events
    • Map Initialization
  • Actions
    • Unit - Make (the tower) Invulnerable
Or just copy the unit-type of the tower and add ability Invulnerable (Neutral).

And DON'T double-post. Use the Edit button.

Level 17
But you should always keep backup copies of your map. It's not like they are going to eat up all the free space on your harddrive. I do backups after every few hours of work done on it and I'm so damn glad I do. A few days ago the electricity had gone for a moment - just when I was saving my map for testing.

Level 9
Ok. i have another problem. Sorry always problem with me :(. Nhazul gave me some ideas about making inside the water area buildable... now for me, i cant seem to be able to find the pathing section where i can click unbuildable off... i have the WE version from this very tools section. Any suggestions?

Level 5
Ok. i have another problem. Sorry always problem with me :(. Nhazul gave me some ideas about making inside the water area buildable... now for me, i cant seem to be able to find the pathing section where i can click unbuildable off... i have the WE version from this very tools section. Any suggestions?

Although there's different World Editor modifications in Hive, regardless the option should be found in Object Editor Pathing - Placement Req.

Level 9
Nhazul, thanks for the help. But im still having trouble opening the map... perhaps ive taken on a task much bigger than i anticipated... but it really doesnt matter if i cant open the file... i dunno... maybe im still doing it wrong. <<<< Frustration has set in :sad:

Level 9
i have the one version from your tools section... i think its 1.2. As to your other question yes i have checked its in there, but i cannot open it. i need another file to open it. When i try opening it with powerMPQ like i was asked to, i get a bunch of Stuff i never seen before, stuff like:
New; Open; infoMPQ; Add; Extract; Delete; ect.
i mean as well that info i get in the white zone is all data, >< im lost :p

Level 14
I know I had trouble understanding it at first, but use this

Then open it with 7zip and it should be fine, and you can use it for all files that are in .rar format.

Level 9
Wow! Thanks alot.. it works. I got it and i have the map Saving/opening !!! Thanks alot. Ive read somewhere (i can't remember where) That its possible to make a regular unit a hero. I would like to get huntress/naisha to be an inventoried hero. Is it possible to do this? And if so, How can i make her witha permant 15% evasion. <not levelable> (standard is lvl 1-10%, 2-20%, etc)

Level 9
heh. What i meant was, on the Object editor, there was a spot to pick abilities. but it says normal.. for tyrande there were two:
1) ability; hero (searing arrows, trushot aura, summon owl, starfall
2) abilty: normal (inventory)
i dunno. but i cant seem to give her the abilities that i want. Am i going about making her a hero the wrong way?

Level 14
you could just make a new custom unit based off of tyrande and then change the model to the naisha model.
and then change the projectile to naisha's glaive.
I never got the hook of changing regular units into heros so I just do that. Hope that helps.

Level 9
Alright. Thanks it did help. i didnt think it coulda been as easy as that :p I managed to make 4 more custom hero's. What trigger do i use to transport (yourhero)(allies' hero's only) once they step onto a certain area. Much like a waygate, but i want just a custom item there. Such as a building. I hope that's not too complicated to understand.

Level 14
You're welcome, yeah it's a lot easier lol

You have to make 2 regions.
Event - Unit enters RegionA
Condition -
Action - Move (entering unit) instantly to RegionB

if you dont want to use entering unit, you can use triggering unit as well.

Level 9
I managed to get the transport regions alot quicker with your help thanks again. Heh... Here we go again. I was browsing throught the solved problems thread and i noticed that i would like to get a trigger where i can select a hero just by clicking on him/her. I found that very trigger, but when i tried to put the trigger in my trigger editor,i found i couldnt find certain parts of it.. For instance, where do i find this part of the trigger :
If - Conditions
HasSelected[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to 1
( i mean i really dont know how to navigate throughout this at all)

I also have to ask. Do i have to to input this in my trigger editor???

If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
{If i do have to input this, where do i find this??? I found the if/then/else part of it... But i tried clicking conditions to select "all conditions are true," But i couldnt find it

Level 14
You want a selection event? As far as I know you don't need conditions other than which unit is being selected.
such as:

Event:
Player - Player 1 selects a unit
Condition:
(Triggering Unit) equal to whatever unit001<gen>
Action:
whatever you want.

I hope I understood correctly. If not, link the tutorial so that I can help better :)

Level 9
Im sorry, i dont know how to link anything :( Im still a noob. What i can do is copy/paste what i have written down.

Hero Selection.

Events

Player - Player 2 (Blue) Selects a unit
Player - Player 3 (Teal) Selects a unit (GOT THIS PART)
Player - Player 4 (Purple) Selects a unit
Player - Player 5 (Yellow) Selects a unit
Player - Player 6 (Orange) Selects a unit

Conditions

(Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red) (GOT THIS PART)

Actions

If - Conditions (STUCK HERE BIGTIME :( )

HasSelected[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to 1

Then - Actions

If - Conditions

(Triggering unit) Equal to selected_hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))]

Then - Actions

Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) for 10.00 seconds the text: ((Name of (Triggering unit)) + has been chosen.)
Set HasSelected[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = 2
Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of selected_hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) for (Triggering player) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
Set selected_hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Triggering unit)

Else - Actions

Set HasSelected[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = 0

Else - Actions

If - Conditions

(Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
HasSelected[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to 0

Then - Actions

Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) for 10.00 seconds the text: ((Name of (Triggering unit)) + has been selected. Click again to choose.)
Set selected_hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Triggering unit)
Set HasSelected[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = 1

Else - Actions

Thats what i have. Im stuck right at the top

Level 14
ahh. yes you have to put it into your trigger editor. It's part of the actions. Use the action stated "If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)"
then after you make a new condition within that action. and then do everything else that the trigger says. It seems like it repeats its self, but just keep doing that.

"If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)" is an action, it's one of the first ones.

Level 14
It seems to me that HasSelected is a Variable. Probably an Integer Array. and yes, you make an action within the "If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)" Action

Level 14
Put the Variable into the trigger editor? Open the trigger editor and hit the button that says variables (it's a golden/yellowish X) and create a new variable named HasSelected then make it an Integer variable and then click the box that says array and hit Ok.

Then you put it into your specific trigger by using the action Set Variable. You select that variable by the drop-down list and select the one that's name is HasSelected. Then hit ok. Then there's a red word next to the variable that you just selected (i forget right now) so click on that then select from the drop down list owner of unit and then the unit (triggering unit)

Level 9
Alright i managed to figure that one out well enough, but another one has come up. Im looking for this particular one but cant seem to find it:
(Triggering unit) Equal to selected_hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))]

Status
Not open for further replies.