• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2D help needed with custom terrain tilesets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello everyone, I am working on making custom terrain tiles but something went wrong - could someone assist me in this?

Please look at the "Is" image this is what I have now the problem is not the pixelled textures but the lack of smooth change between them - meaning the white line in between the textures.

Now look at "Should be" image there it is smoother - but yeah the road is gone. :p

You don't see the white outline on the second image do you?
I need to have as result a smooth transition between the textures, while keeping the original road from the first image.

Attachments

• Is.PNG
    Is.PNG
    435.5 KB · Views: 127
  • Should be.PNG
    Should be.PNG
    361.8 KB · Views: 70
Level 7
Here are the two maps with the textures!

Attachments

• Is.w3x
    690.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Should be.w3x
    401.8 KB · Views: 35
Level 7
I don't understand what you mean by "Your current tilesets is just using the tileset they were originally based on's borders, because the transparency was not changed." What transparency was not changed? Do you mean the "Is" or "Should be" version?

I use Paint.net - from what I know it does show/work with alpha channels/parts.

Last edited:
Level 7
The_Silent you were right lad, GIMP did the trick, Paint.net was only working with transparency... + rep for this little but highly appreciated help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.