• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Saibamen v0.5a

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
full

Editor Note
I got some free time this week, feeling nostalgic so I played around with my unfinished map. It is called Saibaman, a DBZ spin-off. Started this map because I think although there were a lot of DBZ theme maps but none gives a feeling of a real DBZ game, most feeling too warcraft3-ish so I wanted to make one.

SAIBAMEN
The game takes place in a post-apocalyptic future where Vegeta and Nappa had defeated the Z warriors.
The two saiyans left Earth but planted Saibamen to destroy the planet.
After a few years, everything that can be destroyed has been destroyed, the Saibamen then realized that the only thing left to be destroy is each other. And so, the battle begins.

GAMEPLAY
A simple FFA fighting game. Kill other players to reach the set amount of score to win the game.
Each kill grants the player 1 point and if die the player loses 1 point.
The score can be multiplies every few kill streaks.
Each kill also heals up the saibaman.
Also the game supports AI.

CONTROLS

full

Q to Strike : Attack the closest saibaman

full

E to Counter Attack : Defend and Strike back the attacking saibaman

full

W to Blink: Teleport to a short distance

full

A to Blast : Shoot out ki-energy, damaging other saibamen

full

D to Fly : Fly to the target point almost instantly

full

R to Charge : Restore missing health and mana overtime

CREDITS
Saibaman model : Bandai and Atari (Ripped from games)
HeroGlow model : assasin_lord
Dirt Explosion model : WILL THE ALMIGHTY

CHANGELOG

v0.5c on v0.5b i accidentally uploaded a test map
v0.5b remove Ai bug that crashes game / Senzu beans added
v0.5a released
Contents

Saibamen v0.5c (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Update the Quest Log and mention where the model is from. You could (if you want) edit (ask someone) the model and make multiple different colour skins as it has no team colour on it and everybody is green. The hero glow helps but not that much. I...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Update the Quest Log and mention where the model is from.

You could (if you want) edit (ask someone) the model and make multiple different colour skins as it has no team colour on it and everybody is green. The hero glow helps but not that much.
I suggest some game modes, items or hero customization as the game feels too simple and can get monotonous fast. Maybe make more use of the terrain and/or doodads?

Set to Awaiting Update.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!