• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Queen of the Forest/Spirit of Vengeance

So. here is another one from my line of ancient models. This one is inspired by the lady of the forest from Dragon Age origins. Could be used as an night elven ancient hero, or spirit of vengeance, or queen of the forest, fairy or dryad or anything you want.
Enjoy. More models will soon follow.

Your Sellenius!
Previews
Contents

Lady of the Forest Mounted (Model)

Queen Maskless (Model)

Queen of the Forest/Spirit of Vengeance (Model)

Level 38
There can be even some alterations/ use of different skin, like NagaSummoner so she would be blue. But I didnt want to make special model with only different texture coloration. If someone would like to have this version, they can tell me via PM. Oh and guys I am making new special models which will need some awesome custom skins, like totally new illidan, queen Azshara, nighborne elves and maybe even Sargeras. If you knew about some good texture maker who would be willing, let me know :D

Level 38
Well I dont think it deserves DC. But thank you. Problem is, it has WoW animations, they are altered/modified so they have less KB, just like my Valkyr models, so the model is quite small even with many animations. I dont want to take credit for it. The Hart is based on Furions stag model. I will just be glad if my models are used, thats all :)

RedLord

R

RedLord

o_O I like the animations... especially the freaking WALK SWIM!

Dude.. you're awesome!

Level 50
Great one, although it's huge when talking about vertices, it has them almost 6000 (check in magos, it doesn't show on hive correct), and that's huge even for a mounted model. The hair has many vertices that aren't visible in game, you should definitely cut them up there. Animations are nice but one of the attack anims doesn't have much sense to me, mount is just moving his head a little and not attacking it's enemies.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Don't have a lot of time, but I'd be remiss if I didn't comment somewhat on these models:

Really great stuff, man. This is quite a collection: speaking of the Lady herself there's loaaaadds of attention that went into that mask/headdress, the vines all over her body, and even many of the animations. (I'm confused by the spectral sword, though it looks neat).

I love her rack... Those antlers look really big & quite impressively modeled/textured. ;D The mount alone could be a killer model, uploaded separately (super-armored treant stag GO!). It's a girl right? : P

I'll echo the comments of my betters above me; she's stuck in the mounted version, and some of the animations & things don't make sense (what's with that left hand? Just a truncated trunk?). If she's meant to be a 'normal melee unit', she's waaaaay too detailed & big. But as a one-time campaign Hero/God unit? Probably just about right.

Roland

R

Roland

@Sellenisko Can you try uploading the unmounted version of the deer? I only like the deer itself other than the female model.. Thanks! Anyway, thanks for the wolfie you made a lo-o-o-o-ng time ago.

Level 17
Very cool! There is a bug, however. Ingame healthbar display is unfortunately glitched for both dismounted models - it appears way up. Any chance you'll fix it?
FaiDjw_fE2I.jpg

UPDATE: the bug extends further with her selection being way way off. You can aim ~300 units away from her and still select her. This renders the model almost useless for non-cinematic purposes. This really needs a fix...

Last edited:
Level 1
Very cool! There is a bug, however. Ingame healthbar display is unfortunately glitched for both dismounted models - it appears way up. Any chance you'll fix it?
FaiDjw_fE2I.jpg

UPDATE: the bug extends further with her selection being way way off. You can aim ~300 units away from her and still select her. This renders the model almost useless for non-cinematic purposes. This really needs a fix...

This is indeed a huge damper on a great model! I just checked in game myself, and yes, the health bar is usually off the screen entirely, and selecting the model, enemy or ally, is a nightmare. Selection box is massive. I think I am familiar with how to fix these problems and will do so (probably tomorrow, much homework today) but as a third party I won't be allowed to upload without author consent, and I think he's been absent for some time.

- Edit -

I would also like to address that I was unable to place the Mounted version with success. Am I alone in this problem?

Last edited:
Level 1
Proofoffixx.jpg

I have successfully fixed the HP and selection box problems, but only for the masked version, and could use an adjustment for Z offset (almost too low now) and I can fix that quite quickly. The model is now capable of being used for more than cinematic, BUT

I can not upload the fix without proper authorization. I suggest we move to secure that authorization, if possible. I would like to use this model!

-Edit-

I would like to note that there are no specific requests to not alter/edit this model by the author, and I'd like to request a minor fix like this should be approved by consensus and allowed as a resource, still under the original authors name

Last edited:
Level 1
Not this weekend, but next, I will complete a fixed version for masked and unmasked, unmounted versions and upload them - hopefully to no objection. I still can not get the mounted one to show up in actual game, so I do not know how to fix that, or if it just something wrong I am doing.

Level 1
This one can be uploaded now, as it only need a slight adjustment of the Z height for health bar, it is no longer too low.

The standing animation no longer "clicks" anymore either, so far as I can tell.

Selection box is appropriately sized.

I personally hate the sword, but the author wanted it in there, so I will not remove.

-Unmasked version fix will be uploaded by next weekend

Attachments

• QueenOfTheForestFix.mdx
    309.9 KB · Views: 64