• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Barkeep's advice (Roguelike guides)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Tom's Bar (Roguelike RP thread)

Greetings all, I'm Tom the barkeep. And I've been bar-tending for as long as I can remember here at Last Day (Inventively named for the fact it's the last stop for an adventurer who intends to go into the labyrinth). And I've seen some things, and you lads/lasses have the looks of those willing to brave the labyrinth.... Now any information I have is mainly from rumor, and those few who ran for their lives out of the labyrinth...... And... Other sources.
In any case, if you lot believe me wrong and spouting a load of lies... Tell me YOUR opinion. This is a place for lively debate and drinking! Now I'll tell ya what I promised.

EDIT: OOC: Oh darn heheheh.... Uhm yeah if the title of the thread could be changed to this post's new name, that'd be great. But yeah there's another reason I am making this edit. And that is to establish some things. First of all for the moment, my internet is pretty bad so I can make no guarantees of appearance. As such I would greatly appreciate it if some people volunteered for the hard job of being sub-GMs, I know that causes quite abit of problems. But IMO it's far better then waiting for weeks, just to advance the story waiting for the GM. So please volunteer, I will have it be picked by right of eligibility (In other words, those few veterans who know a good GM when they see one). This is only until the end of the month really, where I will upgrade my internet and then can be expected to regularly manage this RP. Those who do will get a plaque in Tom's bar. How it will work is if I've been inactive for a day, you either immediately sub or vote for sub Gm to pop in.

Last edited:
Level 15
Well, some say a Legendary Adventurer did survive the labyrinth.... But no one knows where he is. Anyways lemme just tell ya some basic tips:

Runes, granted you can't keep em in your inventory, but you can save them for a emergency. Who knows when you'll need to backtrack to heal yourself?

No priest should go it alone, your no warrior, entering the Labyrinth by yourself is a death sentence. That being said, you should stick back in the group.

Don't let yourself get surrounded, some adventurers don't have abilities to clear out massive groups of enemies. If your surrounded there is no way to escape without paying a dire price.
EDIT: (Ok ladies and gents, THIS IS NOW AN RP AREA. COME AND JOIN IN THE FUN!)
Of course.... Some of you look a tad too skinny for the Labyrinth, I know a few people looking for adventurers, you may wanna take these jobs just to get some more experience under your belt. After all, the legendary Dark Lord Barlowe (A death knight) was said to have trained for a hundred years before supposedly emerging victorious from the Labyrinth. And lemme tell ya, it took thirty heroes to beat him (only five of whom are still alive), so many believe he did indeed emerge victorious from the Labyrinth.
Now then, these three jobs look best for you:

(And on an non RP related note, I take more then a little inspiration from my job descriptions from Final Fantasy Tactics A2. Also note that when you take a job upon completion/failure, a new batch of jobs will appear as the others will likely have been taken by other adventurers or simply expired. Players should note their characters can very well die in this quest, and giving Tom sass about him judging basically means your character has decided to go to the labyrinth anyways, your welcome to discuss with me in private chat what your characters eventual fate is if you decide to roll this way).

[Bandits!]
Our village of Ilrias up in the Hyl Mountains has long known peace in seclusion from the rest of the world, but a group of bandits has come and now terrorize our village! It doesn't matter what kind of person you are, we will pay you what little gold we can spare if you can rid us of these brigands! ~ Village Elder of Ilrias

[A creeping feeling]
I dunno, maybe it's just a bit of paranoia, the rest of the guards have always said I was. But it started out innocently enough, food disappearing and the like, standard thievery up in Ravens Rook. Then people started disappearing, and a small amount of web has been at every crime scene, any brave souls who are willing to scout the caves far north of our town will almost certainly be rewarded. If not by our city, then I shall pay out of my pocket, for someone has to investigate. And frankly, most of us town guards don't have the courage to do so. ~ Town Guard Farkas

[A favor for a favor]
Looking to earn abit of gold? Maybe gain some experience adventuring? Well then have I got the job for you! Ya see lately our coastal town of Mayfair has an infestation problem, of giant sea turtles, no one's been hurt due to being able to outrun the giant things. But frankly none of us care for the mandatory exercise, and are willing to reward anyone who deals with these fiends. ~ Coastal Dock Worker.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.