• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Roguelike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
This is a map I've been working on for about half a year but never thought to post here until recently. It's mostly finished, but needs some touching up before it'd be fine to release it via the maps section.

Roguelike is a game in the style of games like The Binding of Isaac, Rogue Legacy, etc. The dungeon isn't randomly generated (I'm far from good enough to do that), but the enemies spawn at random locations, as do the bosses. The items that drop are also random, meaning that most of the time, your experience is different every time you play.

Roguelike is not meant to be an easy game....and it isn't. Most of the time, your party will die a horrible death because you turned the corner into a boss.

With 24 heroes, there's quite a few combinations of teams possible. I haven't seen most combinations...since my friends tend to pick the same characters all the time.

I have to remove leaks, touch up the terrain a bit, add the very final area....and that's about it. Most glitches are found and removed. To my knowledge.

That being said, any suggestions are absolutely welcome. I'll upload some screenshots next time I get a chance to play.

Last edited:
Level 5
It can be played in singleplayer. It can be beat in singleplayer, in fact. I wouldn't recommend trying to play as one of the squishier heroes, but it's definitely possible.

As for problems loading, I've never experienced anything like that. The game takes a long time to load (probably because of leaks, which I'm working on fixing), but I've never seen it fail to load. Could you give me some more details about that?

Level 3
It's loading very long time. You should fix it because it looks like people are really going to die very often.

But the gameplay itself is funny. I guess it'll be even better in more players. I like there is many heroes to choose from.

Btw you should lock camera on hero like Diablo mod has.

Status
Not open for further replies.