• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Roguelike

Level 7
Hi all!

We are talking about this map: [en] Roguelike v11.0
The video of the walkthrough can be viewed here (the video shows the old version, the current version is 11)

Who is needed - lua developers who like to create systems and additional mechanics. Preferably for the long term.

Briefly about the project - reflections on the theme of a cooperative roguelike, in the center of which is the control of not just one hero, but a small detachment of troops. The balance is about standard, new mechanics should not shift its emphasis much. The balance of hero development should not shift the emphasis from squad management and vice versa.
The map supports maximum dynamics of battles “on the brink of death.”

A little about me: I am a professional game designer. In the industry for about 15 years. I work on the projects that are ordered. These are mainly mobile projects, such as Story of Alkana, Battle for the Galaxy, and so on. I have mediocre knowledge of English, so I mainly communicate through an interpreter.

Proposed work plan: none as such. If you join out of enthusiasm, then it would be fair to choose a work plan that suits not only me, but also you.
Personally, I make interface mockups in Figma, but I still have problems transferring them to Warcraft (due to lack of knowledge). I'm a master when working with spreadsheet, I can use it to generate data for scripted and custom systems (from balance to narrative tree-like dialogues in lua)

What mechanics are planned for the future:
  • A system for developing the skills of heroes, which is something of a cross between the systems of the games Hades and Heroes of Might and Magic 3-5.
  • Narrative systems (local and global quests, dialogues, diaries, notes)
  • Mechanics of curses and blessings (like in the game Undermine)
  • Ancient artifacts that have the ability to self-develop through leveling up while participating in battles.
  • A unique concept for the second act (at the moment, after the first act, stubs are launched).
  • Upgrading hired troops during travel.
  • Development of settlements and cities, whose development is maintained between replays.
  • Ability to select a chapter before starting world generation.
  • More diverse terrain generation.
  • Updated generation of enemy creatures.
  • Boss battles.
    New systems are being discussed.

Level 7
Ah I didn't know the scope you had planned for this project! Looks like its gonna be amazing if you get all these things integrated. I wish i could pitch in but im a GUI guy hahah
Thank you! Sometimes there is a need to add micro-mechanics, which can be done through the GUI. For example, the principle of operation of items.If you want, I can write when such a layer of work appears.