• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(24) Emersion v3.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Emersion
Created by Arrr

full

Map Info

A gigantic 24 player map (you could fit 4 Icecrowns in it) with enoguh distance between bases despite its size.

The minimap uses custom smaller icons to slightly reduce the visual clutter on it.
Ashenvale trees have a LOT more hp to adress the potential lumber problem given by the size of both the map and the playercount. (Ashenvale trees have the usual 50 hp in the Standard Version)
There are no fountains; instead I used neutral healing wards as sobstitute to Healing fountains: this allows for a more flexible gameplay, as it gives you the choice to destroy the ward or keep it, really useful in team games.
Wanted to avoid portals, but it seems they are necessary to travel the map due to size and layout; areas surrounding them are unbuildable despite the tiles.
I wanted to add dragon roosts, but big dragons are op, medium dragons too kinda, but I wanted them so now there are dragon roosts that do not hire big dragons. (Green Dragons can be hired in the Standard Version)
Important change, some items cannot be dropped by creeps, and some cannot be found in the marketplace, mainly auras because reasons. (All items will drop in the Standard Version)
A couple creep camps are ridiculous I think, have fun.

Features

A 372x372 playable map, Sunken Ruins tileset.

-24 Players
-60 Expos - 2 for each player + 12 in the inner area
-16 Shops - 1 every 2 players + 4 in the inner area
-16 Goblin Labs - 1 every 2 players + 4 in the inner area
-12 Sunkens ruins Merc Camps
-16 Taverns - 1 every 2 players + 4 in the inner area
-4 Green dragon roosts
-1 Marketplace
-12 neutral Healing Wards

total creeps:
-some green camps
-many orange camps
-many red camps

Important stuff about the map

Some things have been changed in the Object editor:
-Critters no longer have collision
-Green Dragon Roost does not hire great Green Dragons
-Some items won't drop, some won't be sold in the marketplace (this is an object editor change that can't be seen in creep item drop tables)
-Ashenvale trees have 1500 hp (290% extra)

Screenshots

A somewhat indicative overview (camera distance and number of units/doodads makes it impossible to get a proprer screenshot)

full

full

full

Now random pics taken from misleading angles to scam you into downloading a map with some rushed parts due to contest time limitations

full

full

full

full

full

Note:Most of these are screenshots of the 1.0 version, new versions will not vary the map drastically, so these still are quite accurate

Change Log

-v1.0 First release

-v2.0 Internal version (testing)

-Middle area reworked
-Moved some neutral buildings in the middle area
-Added portals from outer rings to the middle
-Areas surrounding portals are now unbuildable
-Lowered gold on the outer rings of the map
-Added 8 goldmines to the middle area
-Changed some air pathing
-Tweaked tree sizes for better visibility around creep camps
-Sunken trees no longer have an extra 10% hp
-Minor item drops tweaks

Other

Thanks to JSRGN for the feedback on the 3.0 version.

Map was made for the FFA Masters League 24 is the new 12

Please report any issue/complain you have.

Map is free to use and edit

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Sunken, ruins, huge, big, map, 12, 24, dragon, ffa, league, contest, melee, human, night, elf, undead, orc, Arrr.
Contents

(24) Emersion v3.0 (Map)

(24) Emersion v3.0 Standard Melee (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
You could make some parts of the terrain less flat like where the grass on the ruin cliff tile is for ancient and ruined by time effect. While I appreciate you've removed the strongest dragon form the roost, this thing is not yet approved as a melee...
deepstrasz
I suggest you remove the neutral Healing Wards. They even heal, so for the Standard Melee version they should not be there. Looks like all big level Revenants drop one thing: Crown of Kings +5. Awaiting Update.
Daffa
Too long in Awaiting Update. Substandard.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
You could make some parts of the terrain less flat like where the grass on the ruin cliff tile is for ancient and ruined by time effect.
While I appreciate you've removed the strongest dragon form the roost, this thing is not yet approved as a melee rule. So, you should put it back until then. Roosts are too near each other. Might want to move them to the edges of the map or something.

Awaiting Update.

Level 4
I think it should be a decent map for 24 players, even 24p FFA. Not specific to this map but for a real 24 player game I recommend 'observers on defeat' and 'Always visible', so that it doesn't take as long, also nullifies maphackers and stream sniper's advantage. One word of caution for using this map for a giant 20+ insane AI compstomp - the huge cliffs in the middle section of the map screw with the AIs pathing, and caused significant lag for me, although it wasn't crippling. These are the cliffs that can only be entered from the corners, maybe if there were paths through the middle of each side as well it would help.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I suggest you remove the neutral Healing Wards. They even heal, so for the Standard Melee version they should not be there.
Looks like all big level Revenants drop one thing: Crown of Kings +5.

Awaiting Update.

Level 8
  I think this is a perfect map. It should not be classified as "Substandard". The appearance of "Healing Wards" in the map is a challenge and evolution to the standard map, because its existence does not affect the balance of the game. In my opinion, as long as the game balance is not affected and the map data is not modified, then it can be regarded as a "Approved"!