• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Aqua Temple v3.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: CroMoX
Twilight's
Aqua Temple

Description

A temple risen from the sea, full with gold, but guarded, buy unknown snakelike creatures.

Map Info

Map hase:
-4 Goldmines
-2 Goblin Merchat
-1 Fountain of Life
-8 Orange Camps
-1 Red Camp
-4 Green Camp

Screenshots

221980-albums6555-picture72709.bmp

221980-albums6555-picture72708.bmp

221980-albums6555-picture72707.bmp

Changelog
v1.0
-Relesed
v2.0
-Improved Terrain
v3.0
-Improved Terrain
-Added Expansions

Special thanks to:

-You for downloading. Hope you like my map, comment or report if there is any bug during playing, Have fun.

Keywords:
Melee
Contents

Aqua Temple v3.0 (Map)

Reviews
00:10, 11th Aug 2013 Orcnet: my review
Level 10
Stuff I noticed:
- Some of the stair cases that lead to the temple need lowering, since they are hovering off the ground.
- The cattails don't look very pleasing (To my eye), but if you want to keep them by all means.
- The terrain is still a little flat, while I did notice you raised it, a pinch more wouldn't hurt
- Flower doodads around the base areas could also be nice (suggestion)

Level 13
Thanks for suggestions, I will put flowers at the base areas, I will fix the stairs , and I will make the terrain less flat. But the cattails are good, don't know why you don't like them, But I will let them stay, just for decoration.

Level 10
Yeah im not a fan of cattails, but I know people like them. Its a good map with or without them :)

Edit: check the stairs in the temple too, I just saw a screenshot and they look like they are floating slightly (on phone now so cannot check WE)

Level 13
Samsung galaxy s2 is a epic phone, still about the stairs they are floating just a tiny bit, but now there fixed. Added flowers to start points. Oh and I usualy go to hive on my phone too.

Last edited:
Level 13
Epic Thanks for Review, I know it is too small but, I just wanted to make a small map. About the drop item system, I know It needs fixing, I will do that and I will put some expansions. Oh and about double posting, that was an mistake.

Level 5
Yeah im not a fan of cattails, but I know people like them. Its a good map with or without them :)

Edit: check the stairs in the temple too, I just saw a screenshot and they look like they are floating slightly (on phone now so cannot check WE)

Well First im on hive from phone too :p Model Alcatel 918 mix :p

Second Here is my review :

Good Things

-Nice looking terrian
-Symetric with all 4 ways (north,south,west,east)
-Good use of doodads with unbuildable tileset and grassy one
-Good placement of goldmines and neutral buildings
Bad Things

-Size of Map is too small( my opinion) for a 2v2 map.If ffa style is selected then im ok with it but for 2on2 its too small
-Some doodads like the staircases need to be fixed cause they really look like hovering :p
-I didnt like the tide guardians at the middle of the map.My opinion is that they are just stalling the player's units and give no gold at all...
-About the so coming expansion:
-Hero taverns.....Where too put? no space left...
-Nothing more will make it better.A remake with largest scale (160x160) will be better for both you (to add more things ) and for the players who will use them
What to improve?

-Fix some of the doodads and add some river bushes to the sides of the map.
-You could remove the tidal guards from the temple
-A remake as i said will be better(my opinion)
-A custom race (naga) and turning it to a alterned melee will be awsome
Final Rank:

Terrian 4/5
Units 4/5
Doodads 4/5
Size 2/5

Grand Total : 3.5/5

Note:all i said is my opinion.If you agree with some points i will be happy to see them done :p

Level 13
Staircases are fixed, I will remuve the mercenary camps and put gold mines, I will put taverns behind the starter location (on the end of each side), and adding a custom race, that I was thinking to do, I wass thinking about making 4 islands like this one on one map, and in the middle I will put naga race.

Level 30
Map is in good shape, but still I'd suggest this map fits more on a 1v1 scale than a 4 man player:

-Map is too small, while only two expansion sites are in place for a 4 player map, this ends up straight into a competition or should I say fight for the fittest.

-There are no taverns around, as well as supportive patrons such as mercenary or goblin laboratory aren't involved this ends up looking like an RoC without foreign help of neutrals.

-The idea of cattails as borders is a bit silly, though I'd give you slack for that but the landscaping in the middle is complicated, the innards of the middle is too tight that only 2-5 units can go straight in without blocking each other, I suggest you remove those small bridge and replace it with a same level cliff, its much more suitable in bulk-sized armies

In total, I will approve this if you follow my revisions because that should salvage the map, and even though I like the idea of your random creeps in place that gives the map more replay value, still I'd like it more shorter for a 1v1 match.

Level 10
Map is in good shape, but still I'd suggest this map fits more on a 1v1 scale than a 4 man player:

-Map is too small, while only two expansion sites are in place for a 4 player map, this ends up straight into a competition or should I say fight for the fittest.

-There are no taverns around, as well as supportive patrons such as mercenary or goblin laboratory aren't involved this ends up looking like an RoC without foreign help of neutrals.

-The idea of cattails as borders is a bit silly, though I'd give you slack for that but the landscaping in the middle is complicated, the innards of the middle is too tight that only 2-5 units can go straight in without blocking each other, I suggest you remove those small bridge and replace it with a same level cliff, its much more suitable in bulk-sized armies

- Survival of the fittest is a good idea in my opinion. Not all melees have to similar as in you can all have one mine each, since it seems to safe. This would make this map more hectic if everyone is fighting over those goldmines making fights occur much earlier, resulting in the player to build earlier.

- No taverns/mercenary/goblin laboratory, is that a bad thing? I didn't realize this was a must

- The middle is fine, maybe use a wider bridge (same cliff wouldn't look as nice). It's all co-ordination really.

still I'd like it more shorter for a 1v1 match.

If this is about map size, look at the map Adrenaline