• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

KoW 2.4b (A Version)

Reactions: Sick
KoW v2.4b
By: Mustredi (VictorHungria)

Description:
KoW is a "heroarena" game released on 21 december, 2012. The game has 14 differente heroes. To finish it, one of two teams must the enemies "x times", the value of "x" is defined when the game starts with the command "-kills x".

"Hero Arena" and a little more "RPG":
KoW has a great system variety, one of them is the "duel-system" which is very commun on hero arena games. Kow also has the "quest system" famous on a rpg game.

Screenshots:

29704557.png

37820247.jpg

18568164.png

28474352.jpg

30712772.jpg

42888851.jpg

21092863.jpg

Game Creator: Mustredi.
Icons: (will make a list shortly).
Models: Blizzard.
Triggering: Mustredi.
Hero's: Mustredi.
Tools: Hammud and BBrutal.

-Novos heros (Necromancer e Dracula);
-Novos itens;
-Novas quests;
-Bugs fixados;
-Outros.

-Two new heros (Dracula and Necromancer);
-New itens;
-New quests;
-Bugs Fixed;
-Others.

www.portalkow.blogspot.com

The map will be pass a great transformation. Please, wait!

If you didn't like the map or found bugs, tell us! We need your opinion and tips!

Keywords:
hero arena, kow
Contents

KoW 2.4b (A Version) (Map)

Reviews
21:44, 2nd Apr 2013 Orcnet: not much excitement and competition going on this map with some of the heroes can gain ground due to strong spells, I suggest balancing much of all the spells in a decent way it won't dominate other heroes quickly...

M

21:44, 2nd Apr 2013
Orcnet: not much excitement and competition going on this map with some of the heroes can gain ground due to strong spells, I suggest balancing much of all the spells in a decent way it won't dominate other heroes quickly

another is adding AI would be great and the leveling system to be toned down gaining fast level is too much for those who can't creep out much due to the other heroes being strong, lastly give as much information in the quest menu as a credit list and change log must be shown

any else map is approved

Level 4
Good Things
  • Decent items
  • Nice Recipes
  • Interesting Concept with the teleports for 100 gold

Bad Things
  • Imbalanced Terrain Favoring Team 2 Highly
  • Imbalanced Heroes (the hero with the blood mage models AoE skill)
  • No progression with creeps
  • No duel timer it just randomly happens
  • Eye paining terrain
  • Bad hero selection system
  • Map Creator's name and Uploader's name do not match

As the map is now I vote 1/5 and for it to be rejected.

Level 2
"No progression with creeps" >> there are four places for you to level up, the creeps need not rise to the level

"Map Creator's name and Uploader's name do not match" >> Next version I change creators name

"Bad hero selection system" >> this mode of selection of hero is just to beta

"No duel timer it just randomly happens" Every 5 minutes, I'll put in the next version, I am solving major problems now

"Imbalanced Terrain Favoring Team 2 Highly" Why?

"Imbalanced Heroes (the hero with the blood mage models AoE skill)" play this game every day, I see no unbalanced hero, has some magic in area, others have high attack, which manages to farm the same way.

Sorry, my english!

Level 4
Well since you don't really seem to care about my suggestions much anyway ill just outline the arena inbalances real quick. There is a boss unit on team 2 side only. There is a level 1 and 2 creep spot on team 2 side whereas there is only level 1 and 3 on team 1s side. A quest is availible on team 2s side but not 1. The entrance to the level 1 creep spot for team 1 is almost twice as far as the one for team 2s.

I would advise not uploading a map if you don't intend to work at making it good. Anyone can throw together a map in an hour and it takes time, patience, and an open mind to make a decent map let alone a good one.

Level 4
well I could not find the boss labeled boss 2 and your first picture clearly shows the imbalances I spoke of.

Look at the entrance to creep level 1 on the left corner then on the right corner... see?

Level 2 is 4 times as far from team 1 as it is to team 2 this allows team 1 to get a huge experience and gold lead in the mid game which leads to them winning more easily.

Level 2 creeps is the only area that offers a quest and is much easier accessed to Team 2.

If you cannot understand the imbalances then I do not know what to tell you.

Level 2
level 2 is farther to the base 1 as far as the level 3 is farther to the base 2, appearing a balance.

2nd boss is a boss mission, 1nd boss revived after 600 seconds (ie, even if I was not the second boss, would not make much difference).

Level 4
Well when I played ur map with a bunch of friends we agreed that team 2 is imbalanced because the extra resources they gain from being able to dominate area 2 because of the closer distance carried them through the game. And is love to see you explain how the different entrances to the level 1 areas are balanced.

Level 2
It may seem that there is imbalance in the game, but there is nothing that can prove this, because as I told you, the same way that the level 2 is farther to the base 1, level 3 is farther to the base 2

Moreover, in level 1, the imbalance is insignificant

Level 4
Level 2 gives more experience than Level 1 and more gold. Team 2 can access Level 2 creeps quick because of the distance. and can hold it easier because of the distance, and can farm it without Team 1 being able to stop them before anyone can take Level 3 on. This gives Team 2 a huge lead which lets them win the game. I don't know how this is complicated to you, but if you play it with actual people you will see.