• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
The Ultimate Trip

Attachments

• 2001.png
    2001.png
    449 KB · Views: 539

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
spam spam spam - this isn't cool :\
I just have to point out the irony in this post.

Anyhow, as per usual you nail the artistic aspect of terraining fairly well Cobra. The colors are a tad bit too saturated though, plus that black centerpiece model could do with some details. Subjective pointers, I know, but that's really all there is to mention as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Level 12
Hi. Sorry I couldn't answer, sooner.

Anyway, for the buildings, I used Wall: Outland (1) from the UTM, tinted down to pure black, and then with the scale adjusted so that it was thinner and taller. Then, to give a more "uneven" look to the terrain, I rotated them at different angles.

Level 36
I knew it was going to be this scene the moment I saw the thread title.

Looks pretty cool.

I'd like to see it in a series of all the scenes where the obelisk thing shows up. Like the one at the start with the neanderthals, or the one on the moon (there's one on the moon, right? It's been so long since I watched that movie).

Status
Not open for further replies.