• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2 type of view,in 1 map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ok,I have 2 kind of view currently in map,third person n default war3 view,I want my map to be able to switch view anytime they want by typing -1st and -3rd in the chat box

Level 4
Il try that(what ur saying is exactly what I meant)sry for twisting description,reply after try

Level 4
Yes,Ima use trigger to turn off/on for camera view,here how I'm doing. Event..unit type 1st as an exact match/action..lock camera target to triggering player.dats for 1st..n for 3rd Is also the Same...it work but when I'm on the 3rd person view,n I when I type 1st,it doesn't change back to 1st person...

Level 13
you should do something like this
  • cam1
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing 1st as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn on 1st <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off 3rd <gen>
  • cam2
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing 3rd as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn on 3rd <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off 1st <gen>
for it's efficiency you can merge them to one trigger

Level 12
Yes,Ima use trigger to turn off/on for camera view,here how I'm doing. Event..unit type 1st as an exact match/action..lock camera target to triggering player.dats for 1st..n for 3rd Is also the Same...it work but when I'm on the 3rd person view,n I when I type 1st,it doesn't change back to 1st person...

When you do this

• Camera - Lock camera target for Player 1 (Red) to (Triggering unit), offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
You can undo with this

• Camera - Reset camera for Player 1 (Red) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds

Divine, if u use ITE, then you have to check the string, or you can try Boolean trigger comparison (forget if WE has tit, but UMSWE has it AFAIR). Check which trigger is on, that is, if he doesn't use -1st and -3rd chat command. Alternatively, you can check the string, if it's -1st or -3rd, just use - as a substring in the event, then check the string if its correct (which is hard).

Level 4
]ahh,I've manage to figure it out!thx to divine,I just edit little bit of the trigger u post with my knowledge,but still having minor prob,but il guess I can figure that too...

Status
Not open for further replies.