• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Strange camera glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Hey,

I was just working on some camera switching triggers in my map, after I tested the map I found a strange bug with the game's camera after I walk into a region that changes the players view from 3rd person to game view.

Basically the trigger reset's the game's camera so the player can walk the unit up a mountain which is to high for 3rd person to be used on.

What happens is that after the camera reset's to game view it starts to slowly zoom in until the camera hit's the units base.

I'll post triggers on request, and I can't put up a map DL because it's 52mb big (campaign map)

Additional Info:

The map has an option to choose either game view or 3rd person, and an option to choose either arrow-key or mouse unit control.
I'm using a highly edited arrow-key system (I found a rejected system on the hive and fixed it up.)
I'm not sure if the above has anything to do with the bug but I typed it anyways.

I don't know the way you made your triggers, but these ones should work:
  • Trigger
  • Events
    • Map Initialization
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Trigger - Add to Trigger2 <gen> the event (Player - Player(IntegerA) types a chat message containing "-3d" as An exact match
  • Trigger2
  • Events
  • Conditions
    • ((Triggering player) is in 3dPlayerGroup) Equal to False
  • Actions
    • Player Group - Add (Triggering player) to 3dPlayerGroup
    • Trigger - Turn on (Trigger 3 <gen>)
  • Trigger3
  • Events
    • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game-time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Player Group - Pick every player in 3dPlayerGroup and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Camera - Lock camera target for (Picked player) to Hero[Player number of (Picked player)], offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
        • Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Distance to target to 2000.00 over 0.00 seconds
        • Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Angle of attack to 342.00 over 0.00 seconds
        • Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Rotation to (Facing of Hero[Player number of (Picked player)]) over 0.00 seconds
  • Trigger4
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit enters NoN3dRegion <gen>
  • Conditions
    • ((Triggering unit) is a Hero) Equal to True
    • (((Owner of (Triggering unit))'s controller) Equal to User
    • (((Owner of (Triggering unit))'s slot status) Equal to Is playing
  • Actions
    • Player Group - Remove (Owner of (Triggering unit)) from 3dPlayerGroup
    • Camera - Reset camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
  • Trigger4
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit leaves NoN3dRegion <gen>
  • Conditions
    • ((Triggering unit) is a Hero) Equal to True
    • (((Owner of (Triggering unit))'s controller) Equal to User
    • (((Owner of (Triggering unit))'s slot status) Equal to Is playing
  • Actions
    • Player Group - Add (Owner of (Triggering unit)) from 3dPlayerGroup

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737