• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How can I set a players unit view to see things far away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
How can I set a players unit view to see things far away? Like if you use 3rd person view and you wanna see a mountain that is far away. If don't get what I mean watch this video later in the video it will show setting for camera and one of the option is distance viewed which allowed him to set how far he can and stuff YouTube - Dark Invasion II Promo Video

Level 28
That would be different cameras. Make a camera and set the view distance (the field that is furthest down in the window) to 5000. Then you make another one with 6000 and one with 7000 and then you make as many as you want (10000 is maximum). Then to change between them you apply the camera without panning.
  • Camera - (Apply without panning) camera01 for (Player 1 (Red)) over (0.00) seconds.
How to do it in a multiboard like that is something I can't explain. It would take me a lot of time to make the triggers for that. I could try but it may not work.

Level 18
Simply change the text of that line to change the white to grey and the next one from grey to white. Do this by checking an integer value (in the clip from 1 to 5), add + or - 1 when you go to the next/previous camera view, set the camera position to what you want and then lock it to your unit.

Level 28
Simply change the text of that line to change the white to grey and the next one from grey to white. Do this by checking an integer value (in the clip from 1 to 5), add + or - 1 when you go to the next/previous camera view, set the camera position to what you want and then lock it to your unit.

Sure but it seems like the guy who recorded the vid is using the arrow keys to arrange the sight range. I could do it but I'd have to think :p. Multiboards aren't really my strength. I have only made like 2 or 3 of them. Fully functional but it took time and they where just keeping track on kills/deaths.

Level 18
That's what I said. You simply make a trigger that turns on when that multiboard is displayed, when you press left you get -1, and when you press right you get +1. If it goes over 5, it turns back to 1.

This is why I love back to basics! You just have to think and you can do so much more if you're just creative! :thumbs_up:

Level 7
for 1 player. Make a real variable, name it like Camera_FarZ, doesnt matter, and set it to like 20,000.

Ingame you can change it with a trigger like, unit enters region.
Set Camera_FarZ(Player number of(Owner of(entering unit))) = 20,000.

Use whatever u want.

Status
Not open for further replies.