• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

"2 player campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi there guys,

I'm a noobie to the site, and have noticed what looks to be an awesome addition to WC3 in the form of a 2 player campaign done by Spoon I believe.
Anyhowz I'm a little confused about how you go about getting this campaign/map pack to work with cut scenes etc ie how YouTube seems to run it.

I am currently running on 1.27a patch as I don't have the graphics for reforged, further to that, like most I would imagine find it unacceptable how we can do from 1.2gb to 30gb...but that's another story..

Anyways back to my original issue, from what I can see W3X files are Frozen throne files, W3M are Warcraft 3 (Reign of Chaos) files and finally W3N files are for any additional campaigns you wish to add.
The files I have received from the section are W3X map files not W3N, meaning they are stand along maps for Frozen throne.
I have so far tried to add them to Maps, and Campaigns folders in my C x86 folder where my WC3/Frozen throne is..I have also added them to their own specific folder within each section and called it Downloads or "player campaign" or something like that, the folder turns up but the maps/campaign does not show up and so hence we can not play.

If anyone could advise and give a reasonable guide towards how to get them working, that would be great.

Thank you in advance.

Cloud 7

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Anyways back to my original issue, from what I can see W3X files are Frozen throne files, W3M are Warcraft 3 (Reign of Chaos) files and finally W3N files are for any additional campaigns you wish to add.
The files I have received from the section are W3X map files not W3N, meaning they are stand along maps for Frozen throne.
I have so far tried to add them to Maps, and Campaigns folders in my C x86 folder where my WC3/Frozen throne is..I have also added them to their own specific folder within each section and called it Downloads or "player campaign" or something like that, the folder turns up but the maps/campaign does not show up and so hence we can not play.

If anyone could advise and give a reasonable guide towards how to get them working, that would be great.
The path leading to the map files is too long. I have just checked on my v1.27a installation downgraded to v1.26a for testing purposes atm.

My paths to the maps are:
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III v127\Maps\FrozenThrone\2PH (for the Humans)
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III v127\Maps\FrozenThrone\2PO (for the Orcs)
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III v127\Maps\FrozenThrone\2PU (ok you already got it ;D)
... and they should also display fine on your version.

As a side note, I am assuming you have downloaded @TheSpoon's 3 campaigns from here:
... and that you have extracted the contents of the archives ofc.
;D

Level 2
The path leading to the map files is too long. I have just checked on my v1.27a installation downgraded to v1.26a for testing purposes atm.

My paths to the maps are:
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III v127\Maps\FrozenThrone\2PH (for the Humans)
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III v127\Maps\FrozenThrone\2PO (for the Orcs)
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III v127\Maps\FrozenThrone\2PU (ok you already got it ;D)
... and they should also display fine on your version.

As a side note, I am assuming you have downloaded @TheSpoon's 3 campaigns from here:
... and that you have extracted the contents of the archives ofc.
;D
Thank you for coming back to me pyf, and replying.
Yup spoons version and Archon's. Extracted both files before doing anything..

Ye tried that, tried to simply put in just one map, in c:\Program Files (x86)\\WC3 x1.27b\ Maps\FrozenThrone,...where there's Scenario or just bare maps.
Still didn't show up, put just the Human campaign across, no show.
In the meantime have tried on Reforged, despite me not wanting to use it, and they turn up and are playable(although the Lan is terrible for it), just not showing on my original game 1.27b patched version not reforged.

That's a good thought on downgrading, may have to have a go at that.

Last edited:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Downgrading to 1.26a should not make any difference here afaik. I have just retested with 1.27a, which is my highest installed version of the game for the time being.

Are you sure you have downloaded the three archives attached ('2P [xxx] Campaign 1.32.zip')?
Also, for each downloaded archive you must extract all the files in the same folder, and ensure the resulting path is not too long.

Therefore, extracting for example all the w3x files of the 2P Orc Campaign 1.32 archive into your c:\Program Files (x86)\WC3 x1.27b\Maps\FrozenThrone\2PO folder should allow you to see the files.

I am assuming the \\ and the extra space in your path are nothing but typos.

Last edited:
Level 2
Downgrading 1.27b to 1.26a should not make any difference here afaik. I have just retested with 1.27a, which is my highest installed version of the game for the time being.

Are you sure you have downloaded the three archives attached ('2P [xxx] Campaign 1.32.zip')?
Also, for each downloaded archive you must extract all the files in the same folder, and ensure the resulting path is not too long.

Therefore, extracting for example all the w3x files of the 2P Orc Campaign 1.32 archive into your c:\Program Files (x86)\WC3 x1.27b\Maps\FrozenThrone\2PO folder should allow you to see the files.

I am assuming the \\ and the extra space in your path are nothing but typos.
Ye just typo's, yup extracted and simply copied say just one campaign over, resulted in a no show. Aye I've tried a full reinstall and put only patch 1.26a on, still same result. Just to be clear, trying to get this to work on the old classic wc3/tft (Not Reforged). Yup done as above. I specifically call my folder 2p where they are going into, have tried just Human series of maps, tried also to put just 1 map from it in Frozen Throne folder, in Scenario or outside it, still no joy

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Then I am a bit at a loss.
The only thing that might be a problem could eventually be the dot in the WC3 folder name (WC3 x1.27b), because it is imho a bit non-standard for such old games to have a dot in the name of a folder.

If this is not because of that, then maybe @TheSpoon himself might be willing to help? Or anybody else?

[...] Yup spoons version and Archon's [...]
Out of curiosity, by "Archon's", are you referring to the Bonus Horde Campaign (Xetanth87's Archon Pack)
... or to Archon Mode (Killmaat's Archon Pack)
... or to another mod?

Level 2
Then I am a bit at a loss.
The only thing that might be a problem could eventually be the dot in the WC3 folder name (WC3 x1.27b), because it is imho a bit non-standard for such old games to have a dot in the name of a folder.

If this is not because of that, then maybe @TheSpoon himself might be willing to help? Or anybody else?

Out of curiosity, by "Archon's", are you referring to the Bonus Horde Campaign (Xetanth87's Archon Pack)
... or to Archon Mode (Killmaat's Archon Pack)
... or to another mod?
Aye thank you anyhow matey truly for taking the time. It's a bit exasperating really. Ye my folders called Warcraft lll in c:, just the patch that's 1.27b, that's been applied. Ye it's the Archon mode (Killimaat's pack), but neither Spoon or his will load/ ain't visionable. Guess I'll just have to try n play on reforged...erf.. Cheers as said though mate, at the very least at least I know my comment isn't just floatin in the ether with noone responding lolz..

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Ye it's the Archon mode (Killimaat's pack), but neither Spoon or his will load/ ain't visionable.
The version of Killmaat's Archon Pack (last updated on Dec 11, 2019) that is downloadable from the link I posted above, is not compatible with v1.27. The recommended version to run it is 1.31.1, that's why. You can read it in the description of each map (see 'Recommended version').

Likewise for another example, the version of TheSpoon's 2 Player Campaign ('2 Player Campaign 2020 HD & SD', last updated on Apr 18, 2021) that is available from this page
... requires Reforged, because its recommended version to run reads 'current' (that is, 1.32.10 as of this writing).

In order to play TheSpoon's 2P Campaigns (Human, Orc, Undead) on Legacy versions of the game (like 1.27a), the outdated versions I have linked you to
... should have worked for you.

Level 2
The version of Killmaat's Archon Pack (last updated on Dec 11, 2019) that is downloadable from the link I posted above, is not compatible with v1.27. The recommended version to run it is 1.31.1, that's why. You can read it in the description of each map (see 'Recommended version').

Likewise for another example, the version of TheSpoon's 2 Player Campaign ('2 Player Campaign 2020 HD & SD', last updated on Apr 18, 2021) that is available from this page
... requires Reforged, because its recommended version to run reads 'current' (that is, 1.32.10 as of this writing).

In order to play TheSpoon's 2P Campaigns (Human, Orc, Undead) on Legacy versions of the game (like 1.27a), the outdated versions I have linked you to
... should have worked for you.
Ahh, got ye, yup just tried the human campaign 2p older version, yup that works.. Pity no elf. Thank you, guess I'll stick with Reforged then for Elves, pity but there we go. Thank you very much for clarifying mate.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
[...] Pity no elf. Thank you, guess I'll stick with Reforged then for Elves [...]
Err... Links to Gizmo369's 2P Night Elf Campaign (and more) are available from this page:
His maps work with Legacy versions of the game

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.