• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Hero Arena] 1vs1 unique arena idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Warcraft vs., (<--- the map name)
Warning! Some wall of text!

This is a 1vs1 hero arena map, with custom combat system. It will featuring Warcraft characters vs Characters from various game/movie/anime/etc.

The system is inspired from Dissidia series. Dissidia series have successfully merge strategy, fighting, and rpg. On this map it will have strategy and fighting only.
It will has custom combat. The movement will be with Arrow Key. The camera dynamicly follow the enemy. Up to forward, Down to backward, left to left and right to right. The attack will be like Dissidia. There is one button to do Bravery Attack (Q), and a button to do HP Attack (W).

///Attack (Q and W)
Only 1 type of attack?!? Thats so lame. LoL ofcourse not. Pressing Q only will be different with Q+Up and Q+Down. For example for Tauren Warchief, press Q-Q-Q Tauren will attack with his totem. Q+Up will do Shockwave, Q+Down eill do War Stomp. Thats the basic idea, ofcourse it wont simple like that. There is also Dash Attack. an attack while you dashing.

HP Attack (W) will be the same system. 3 different attack (Up, neutral, Down). This HP Attack will decrease enemy HP.
So there is only 3 attavk type now? Well, I planned to have Ground and Aerial Attack. I believe it will super hard. Else I need to add extra Button; something like Light Attack and Heavy Attack.

Those Q called Bravery Attack, whoch will increar your Bravery Point. Bravery Point will be used on HP, where the damage is based from Bravery Point. After hitting HP Attack, Bravery Point will be 0, and after couple seconds it will return to base value. If player's Bravery Point reach below 0, the hero will be ""Break"", where the other player get a lot of bonus Bravery Point. While in Break status, the hero cant increase Bravery Point for couple seconds.​

///Dodge (Direction+ E)
And there will be dodge, block, dash, and special buttons. Warcraft only can has 7 buttons. 5 left. Dodge is for dodge. I think (E) will be good button. There are Up+E to jump forward dodge, Down+E to backward dodge, Left/Right+E to side dodge. I am still cant decide for Neutral+E, whether do backward dodge (like in original Dissidia), pr will do Block so i dont need add extra button.

Dodge will make you invulnerable for short time, and there is short delay to control hero again, make you open to be attacked.

///Block (E or F)
There are 3 types of Block; Perfect, Great, and Normal. Perfect, means block right before attacked, will make the attacker stagger, and you can move right after it. Great, means missed a bit from Perfect, will make both of player stagger. Normal Block will give shield that limited to 3 (strong) attacks. On fourth attacl it will break and stagger the hero.

Actually I am still not sure about the block. There are some other plan actualy
B. Only one type block, it will sttager the attacker (like Original Dissidia). This mihht be great for more strategy, but too risky because you need to know when enemy attack, and if missed will make your hero vurnavle for quite long time
c. Only shield only, that broke after several attack (like in Dissidia Arcade). This might r work well for party versus (3vs3) or FFA, but for a slow paced 1vs1 might be too boring, too easy.
D. 2 type, Only Block (no stagger), and Perfect Block (cause stagger). So this means when Block, player need to press Block again, which kinda suck. Or it will automatic for the rest of combo? Thats kinda better.

So I guess A might be the best. I only meed to check them in game to decide which one is the best. Damn that option actually consist all type -_-​

///Special EX (R)
There is special button, use (R). This button is used to turn to EX mode (kind of Rage mode in Tekken, V-Trigger in Street Foghter, X-Factor in Marvel vs Capcom, Devil Trigger on Devil May Cry). This trigger will filled on each second, when doing attack, and when attacked. It will make attavk stronger, change ability, add extra defense, add regeneration, do special HP attack, etc. It will be different on each heroes. This (R) also can use for special abilty on each hero (some didnt have it), like some heroe might be able to charge EX trigger, some can change arsenal, etc.

///Dash (D)
Dash will use (D). Its dashing. Currently there are 2 option:
A. Dash has limited range. There is small delay before and after dash.
B. Dash will decrease stamina. It still has small delay before and after. This stamina will alsp used for blocking, and do dash attavk.
C. Or just mix both, it use stamina and has limited range. But that kinda suck IMO​

//////
So I already used all possible buttons. Oh wait I still has F if I mix Dodge and Block button, and still has 1 more slot (the level up slot, since there is no level)

I planned to also make 3vs3 mode and then FFA mode, so i might be need those buttons to change target. Or I still can use the Special Button (R), like Left/Right+R to change target, Down+R to active EX mode, R and up+R to use special abilities.

%%%%Big problem!!!
There is one critical question I have now. Is it possible to create such thing? Making ArrowKey+Spell will run different trigger? I never seen a map like. I only know key sequence is possible (press Q-Q-Q, like in Monter). If thats possible than i need to create a whole new concept. Matbe controls like Devil May Cry mught be work.

I will ignore it for a while XD​

///Combo
Now, i also planned to make combo system, then letting the players fimd it out by themselves. I planned to have a kind juggle system like Tekken, bouncing back from ground like UMvC3, and wall rush. Wall is always the worst place in most fighting game. And maybe a ""Cancel"", by pressing Special Button, it will also decrese EX trigger. And if turn to EX mode, the hero will reset animation, so I can be used to combo, or doing counter.

So how I gonna made them? I have no idea. Currently here is what i have. I will set the hero to various group. The groups will be used to determine whether they can be attack or not, can be move or not, stagger or not, dodging or mot, etc. Thats my rough idea for now. I havent doing WE for a really long time, and never learn anything new.

///Lobby
I also planned to make the map to be 12 players. Then inside the map there is lobby, so they can battle with the other player, not only fighting same guy everytime. Because the gamplay might be less than 10 minutes, by waiting for loading, waiting for players, and then only play 1 times is usprr suck. So by making lobby in game, they can get bacl to the lobby after a match, and fight another player, or rematch, or just spectating other player.​

///Maps
This also means i need to have at least 6 Arena. I never doing level design before. Most map will be a square, so it eill be easier to make the wall rush system. And some props inside that used as wall too. If its possible to make ground and air separately (make the heroes can jump and attack on his height), then i need to create a lot more.

///Camera
The camera need to be good to. Well, in Oriinal Dissidia, some weird camera happen, so I guess that kind of thing is OK. I'm thinking for dynamic 3rd peson camera. It will follow the enemy (or if its 3vs3, it will follow targeted enemy). If the enemy on left side, camera will be moved to right side of player, viceversa. And i need system that detect the wall to minimize clipping.​

///Heroes
Well, making the heroes might be the easiest once I made the system (or find out how to manipulate systems). I dont wont to make whole trigger on each heroes spell. So i need to make the system, and I will only to put the data on each spell. So it will be totallt easy.

For first release I planned to have atleast 6 heroes. 3 Warcraft, 3 Other. Current idea is Uther, Warden, an Orc, Vergil (DMC), Ramza (FF), SolBadguy (GG). But this is the easiest and I can think later. For mow what i need to think is the ability type.

You know that, dor exampele Street Fighter, has dummy character that can use the generic abilty, that then will be modified for other character. This dummy character is Ryu and Ken. They can do hadouken (a projectile), shoryuken (an uppercut, antiair), and tatsumakishinpuji(lol idk the name)(a launch attack). And the other character are only the modified version of them.

So now i need to determine the abilites, ans decide the basic version of spell. I believe it will has dive, projectile, smashing. The effect mostly wil make enemy knock back, launch upward, smashed. Well i can think later, the most important is whether its possible to make Arrowkey+Q or not -_-

Level 7
It is possible to have a spell event detected, and an array variable that says which arrow is pressed(which is needed for the movement system)

You can also, change the ability in the Q hotkey when the arrow is pressed, so you can change the icon from "Shockwave attack" to "Stomp attack", by example
This will need you to detect the current hero and which ability is for which direction.

The only problem i found with your idea, is, what will the mouse do?

Level 15
Good to know it's possible :)

Well, then the icon will change a lot. I think it might make the system heavier. So i dont think i will make it. And, if I use icons for each ability, I will need a ton of custom icons (like 10 icons each heroes) o.o

The mouse will only used on lobby, and character select. The gameplay will only use keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.