• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BoteK AOS V. 44

Reactions: Cakedog345
Battle of the Eastern Kingdoms AoS

Version 0.42 - Major Game Play Modifications

Since version 0.42, I have done some major changes in the landscape and the overall gameplay. Before version 0.42, the three main lanes were to narrow for massive creep spawning. Therefore, I had to modify the whole landscape. The lanes are now large enough to let pass a lot of creeps at the same time. Furthermore I now introduced a jungle game play à la LoL. The woods between the lanes are now larger with more access points. I also added more neutral creep spawn points. Creeps will now re-spawn every 20 seconds and will continue dropping items after reviving again (this was a huge bug in the precedent versions). I moreover added a Boss Fight system with three big neutral boss creeps. Killing one of them will grant the killing team a huge gold bonus and an additional special bonus that lasts 60 seconds.

Battle of the Eastern Kingdoms

Here you can see the new map landscape. The lanes are larger and the jungles are more jungle-like :)

Genre: "Altered" AOS
Players: 10 players (up to 5 vs. 5)
Average Game Duration: between 15 and 60 minutes
The Game

The game is easy to understand. You pick a hero and a race. You construct buildings, that spawn units and that will attack the enemy base automatically. Level up your

hero and try to destroy the enemy team's castle. That's it ;-)
Features

AoS Game Play - Units spawn regularly in your base and attack the enemy base. Like in so many other AoS-maps the goal is to destroy the enemy main building, which is in the case a castle.

Castle Fight Game Play - At the beginning of the map, before choosing your hero, you can select a race. Each race has its own units, its own traininghalls and its own special building. You can up-grade up to Tech-4 spawning enabling you to spawn some extremely powerful and giant units.

Boss Fights - I added the League of Legends "Boss Fight"-Game play. In the map, there are three boss spawn points. These bosses are giant creeps with massive damage and hitpoints. It is pretty hard to get one of them down. And as usual, team play is required. "Loki" is the boss of fire. Killing him

grants all your team's units a 40% Llifesteal ability that lasts for 60 seconds. Killing "Brutos" grants your team's units a 25% attack and movement speed bonus for 60 seconds. "Okeanos" is the god of oceans and getting him down makes mighty Sea Giants spawn in your base, fighting for your team.

Castle Spells - Each kill gives you gold and lumber. Lumber can be used to cast so called 'Castle Spells'. Your team's castle is able to cast some really mighty spells in exchange for lumber. Due to this spells, this game, I dare say, is well balanced, because even if the enemy army is bashing your base, you always can save your-self by using those mighty spells.

Areas - In each of the three lanes, there are 2 areas for each team. When you conquer an area, it increases your army by either one footman or one archer for each area. Additionally, areas grant armor and damage bonus to allied units. If there is a difference between the amount of areas owned by the two
teams, the team having less areas gets an increased gold income.

Variable Game Settings - The host can change the most important game options: regular income (yes/no; how much...), hero experience rate (from 60% to 140%), Food Limit (each building needs one food, so the host can set how many buildings each player is able to build), start gold and start lumber.

Bounty System - Each kill your hero increases his or her bounty. When he or she gets killed by an enemy hero, the killing hero's owner will get your hero's bounty.

Item Craft Sytem - It has already become a standard feature of most AoS. You can purchase Receipts to craft items by combining other items.

Races & Screenshots of the Game

I created races one of them you can choose at the beginning of the map, before selecting your hero. Each race is different and has advantageous and drawbacks.

Here you can you choose one of the available races (or a random race).

Alliance of Benders - A mighty race that allows you to spawn elemantal units like water or ocean elementals, phoenixes, stone golems, etc.

Ancients - This race is composed of extremly mighty tank units that are expensive but strong.

Burning Legion - Very expensive and slow-spawning

units. But all of them have chaos damage which gives them an important advantage when facing divin-armor units.

Humans - The standard race of all AoS games. Quite balanced.

Engines - The mechanical race. All of their units are

mechanical type units, which makes them unvulnerable against a lot of organic based spells. Most of them have less hitpoints but divin armor.

Naga - With the humans the second standard race. Quite balanced but at

the middle game kind of strong thanks to their lord of the tides.

Skeletons - The rushing race. Some of their units spawn in

double-teams. They have less lifepoints but in mass, especially during the eraly game, they are really strong.

Ancients - This race is composed of extremly mighty tank units

that are expensive but strong.

Change Log

Version 0.44 - Two new heroes (Flying Sheep Brandy and Sea Monster Leviathan), Castles now show the amount of life they are losing regularly, Naga Special Building will deal less damage, The bounty that every heros gets on killing heroes/buildings/creeps is increased, a lot of balancing and bug fixing (thanks to my dear friend Dragonguard)

Version 0.42 - Landscape totally reworked, Boss Creeps added, Castle Spell "Unholy Protectors" now considerably cheaper, Jungles reworked, One spell of the Warden was

fixed

Version 0.41 - 2 new heroes (Fire Lord and Revenger), new items and one new shop, some balancing, tornadoes will no more slow nearby units

Version 0.40 - 2 new heroes (Warp Killer and Wyvern King), New Items, Castle's empty places were filled, Archers are now on top of the castle towers, Some balancing

(The hero "Shaman" is no granted additional spell damage according to his stats), some bug fixing

Version 0.39 - A lot of new heroes, new items, new loadingscreen (with some explications, but still pretty ugly; i will try to make a new loadingscreen soon), creeps

your traininghalls spawn give you money when they kill a unit

Version 0.30 - 3 New Heroes (Sea Witch, Ghost Wanderer and Orc Chieftain), New Units (Hydra for Nagas and Terminator for Engins), balanced some spells

Version 0.28 - Some bugs fixexd, Pit Lord has now a picture in the multiboard, new loadingscreen and preview screen. new name

Version 0.27 - new hero (Pit Lord), seven new items + new item class (Level-2-Items)

Version 0.26 - some heroes and their respective spells were modified, Single Player Mode added (you can modify your amount of gold and lumber, increase your hero's

level and spawn traininghalls in the enemy base)

Version 0.25 - new items (level 2 items), some bugs fixed, some hero spells changed

Version 0.24 - new hero (Crypt Lord), new unit (Burning Legion - Dragon of Darkness), Builder's menu changed (builder spells are now upgradable)

Version 0.23 - Sorry, it's just a minor update. I hadn't enough time to change all thinks you told me or to create really new stuff. Just a new hero (Witch Doctor),

new item (gemstone -> kind of badass item. Try it out!), some typos were corrected, some spell tool-tips were remade (now figuring type, AoE and range of the spells),

all spell tool tips now figure their respective cool-down time, some balancing (espically the blood mage), that's all

Version 0.22 - Hero 'Rook' removed, New Hero (Ancient Warrior), New Item, The Area Stone in the middle lane next to the Team-South canon towers was moved up north to

get it out of the range of the canon towers, some typos were corrected (not all -> special thanks to FriendlyHost),

Version 0.21 - New Race (Dwarven - 5 units, 1 special building), new items, Castle Spell 'Glaives' was removed, 3 new Castle Spells ('Holy Crusade' , 'Nuke' and 'Red

Mushroom')

Version 0.18 - New Loading Screen, new hero (Abomination), new Items (2), new creeps

Version 0.17 - new hero (Shaman), new type of items (crafted items), 5 new items, some items' abilities were changed and/or balanced, item description was renewed,

some terrain changes (especially in the castle, some new doodads), new castle spell (Unholy Protectors), some castle spells were changed ['Sea giants' is not available

in the first 5 minutes of the game, 'Strike' deals much less damage (from 2000 to 800) and its area of effect was reduced (from 5000 to 1000)], some balancing, some

bug-fixing

Version 0.16 - two new heroes (Pirate Hunter, Bonecrusher)

Version 0.14 - New Hero (Glacial Titan), New Race (The Swarm), New Item (Lightning Ball), some balancing, some minor changes at the terrain, some bug-fixing

Version 0.13 - New Hero (Pandaren Battlemaster), Some balancing, Buildings cannot be constructed until all players have chosen a race and a hero.

Keywords:
AoS, GLB, hero, altered, castle fight, Aoen of Strife, fun, arena, custom, spell, races, race, custom hero, custom heroes, Marluk, MarlukAwesome,
Contents

BoteK AOS V. 44 (Map)

Reviews
18:05, 8th Sep 2011 Vengeancekael: Status: Approved Review Also the area around the main castle is really empty, how about adding some statues, furniture doodads, etc. Missing category. (added) Contact Me

M

18:05, 8th Sep 2011
Vengeancekael:

Review
Also the area around the main castle is really empty, how about adding some statues, furniture doodads, etc.

Missing category. (added)

Contact Me

Level 3
Hey, I tested this map on single player, here's a review!

The good points of the map:
-The system of the host setting the resources and aspects of the map is great
-A wide variety of heroes to choose from :D
-Terrain of the map is very cool
-Many items you can buy from the many shops
-The portals are very convenient
-Instead of destroying the Control Stone, the enemy player takes over it

The bad points of the map:
-I was very lost and I didn't know what to do other than the skills the heroes pick using their hero attribute
-I didn't know a farm would become a tower (but actually a troop spawn, not a tower!)
-The farms couldn't be built outside the base, it should've been stated that they can only be built in base
-After upgrading the farm into a tower (or a footman spawner) you can do nothing else)
-Suddenly I couldn't build any more farms, possibly to a limit but it wasn't stated
-Heroes are quite useless, they can't fight against the normal troops
-Troops are too powerful and the Control Stones are too weak!

Here's how I played the map: I built 6 farms in the middle, made them into the footmen spawner and the middle lane was full of my footmen which became an undefeatable force. I used my Hero to fight against troops but they need to be supported by troops. Game ended quick.

Here are many suggestions: You should make the game more user-friendly, I got lost easily, didn't know what to do until about 5 minutes? When I clicked the Build button on my hero there were many spells, it shouldn't be there. Upgrades should also fall under another category and the farm isn't necessary, you should directly show the "towers" to be built, like in Castle Fight. They shouldn't be towers too, as they can't attack anyway, they should be normal buildings. To me the items and hero were useless, I just kept on making lots of troops! By the way, I didn't know how to earn gold and lumber, killing enemy units didn't give them, only time does? Those neutral creeps are there only for the hero's exp and also holding back passing by troops?

Quite a decent map, but there are many things to be improved on, especially the categorisation. It's a bit odd having items, heroes and uncontrollable troops spawn (like in castle fight) altogether, a lot of balancing is really needed. Map is playable, so I approve it but rate it 3/5. Please improve so I can raise my rating, the map seems far from complete, it needs a better system of gameplay. Also, the description could be more colourful and have boxes, tables and more different sized fonts to be more attractive and interesting. Well, that's all from me for now!

Reactions: GLB
Level 30
Map Review

Communityportal.png
storywritingart.gif
"Battle of the Eastern Kingdoms" former known as the Titans of War. is a AoS Map where gamers fight, defend, and win the eastern kingdoms for there own. made by GLB.

Battle of the Eastern Kingdoms v0.30

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

General:

Gameplay-[5/5]
Note: Were I pronounce your game challenging or a waste of time.

Playability-[5/5]
Note: This part tells me if the game is rather fun and can be played again and again.

Terrain-[5/5]
Note: Were I tell your game's environmental display is either great or terrible.

Managing-[5/5]
Note: This is were I explain the output or outcome quality of the game.

Bug/s
Note: No score, just to tell your map has bugs on it or simply bug-free.

Overall-[20/20]

About My Reputations:

reputation_pos.gif
My complements for the Maker/s of the map's game.

reputation_neg.gif
Were I explain your map needs to get fix or make an improvement of your work.

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

reputation_pos.gif
The Game was cool, not much to explain here but your game needs more features.

Playability

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

reputation_neg.gif
The Game becomes boring when played a lot of times, would it be nice if you can add more heroes and stuff? that would be great if you ask me.

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

reputation_pos.gif
The Terrain was fine, and I don't see anything bad but it will be great if you can reshape it a little, you know, add more cool environments in the game.

Managing

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

reputation_neg.gif
I see you lack taste for an AOS game, you see, creep camps must be the ones that can help you out when getting owned by enemy players and also a key role for you to earn gold fast, but to my observations, you don't have a creep respawn system, apply it for your game since its a must, the Team 1's middle creep wave are few, I mean only 2 creeps comes out, is that a bug? I guess not, and the items are few, same goes to the heroes, add more if you will, and finally, the wierd spell for all of the heroes, I don't understand how to use it. its too complex for an ordinary player, mind if you can decrease its difficulty and fix it? hope you can understand.

Bug/s

Again about the wierd spell for all heroes in the game, when you go inner of it, you don't control your hero anymore, that was an odd experience, hope you can fix it dude.

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
11/2077%C

194715-albums4513-picture44055.gif
[Fair]
Hope you can do better than before, Goodluck!
happy map-making!

Last edited:

GLB

GLB

Level 8
@Orcnet: Thank you for your review. Apparently I lack experience in AoS even though I really try hard to make it better. I have still not found any idea to improve the menu spell for all heroes you were talking about and that many people were complaining about as well. I will try to fixe it. And don't worry ;-) I will add a lot more heroes than that. It's just that I don't have enough time to do it right now ^^

GLB

GLB

Level 8
Ha! Funny enough a friend of me told me the same. I didn't know how they called bending in english avatar the last airbender when I created the race. Coincidence.

Yeah, when I got some time, i will add a tech-tree.

Level 5
bug:
Sheep God,
When he jumps he can use crow form thingy and resets level but gains/keeps additional/old stats.

Level 2
"Alliance of Benders" is a really fun name once you realize what "bender" means in british slang.

Gonna try it out soon!

Level 4
I'm not sure why, but our enemy's castle randomly started losing 9 hp/s. It wasn't being attacked but it was at low hp. Also could you add more directions for host at start and for noob players. Played a second game and this (castle losing hp) did not happen. Also I did see the host dialog box this time. I was a bit confused about Wyvern King... his description said he had multishot and so did his ult but I did not see any. Maybe it does not stack with the poison attack. As an air unit he can't be attacked by most melee units/heroes plus any good hp item keeps him mostly safe from spells, so maybe a little op?

Last edited:

GLB

GLB

Level 8
I'm not sure why, but our enemy's castle randomly started losing 9 hp/s. It wasn't being attacked but it was at low hp. Also could you add more directions for host at start and for noob players. Played a second game and this (castle losing hp) did not happen. Also I did see the host dialog box this time. I was a bit confused about Wyvern King... his description said he had multishot and so did his ult but I did not see any. Maybe it does not stack with the poison attack. As an air unit he can't be attacked by most melee units/heroes plus any good hp item keeps him mostly safe from spells, so maybe a little op?

Hey,

it is totally normal that your castle loses hitpoints. It used to be descripted in the loading screen, but I deleted the loading screen. If there is a difference between the number of towers controlled by every team, the difference *4,5 will be dealt as damage every 5 seconds to the castle of the team having the fewest towers. I did so to avoid both "Castle Hiding" and too long games. If it did not happen, it was because both teams had the same amount of towers (7). But keep in minde that the team having fewer towers will receive more gold every second!

I already changed Wvyern King from "Flying" to "Hovering" and he is now "attackable as ground unit". I totally agree with you that it was a bit imbalanced. And yes, he used to have "multishot" in former versions, but I took it out because it was too imba. Apparently, I forgot to change the tool tip. Sry :( gonna fix it soon.

What do you mean by

Also I did see the host dialog box this time.
??? Only the host is supposed to see the host dialog box.

I know that at the moment the game is really noob-unfriendly. I will try to fix this progressively :)

Level 4
Never mind about the loading screen I think I must've pressed enter or something.

GLB

GLB

Level 8
Wow Cool Map and it's funny i play this map with my friend
me and my friend LOLing all time when playing this map we always laghing because Wooly Willy...

Hehe, he now has a friend "Flying Sheep Brandy" ;-)

When I got some more time, I will try to make a loadingscreen that explains everything. But right now, I have neither skills nor time to make a nice loadingscreen.