• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War Chaser Grand v1.05b

An edited version of Blizzard's war chasers. Been working on it since last year maybe bcoz of the new tooltips and spells. xD

New heroes, spells, items, enemies, added some gameplay and changes in stat build.

A game where you choose from a gallery of fallen heroes from different races and ventures to the depths of the city and defeat The final boss.

Each player will choose from 18 custom heroes. Only 1 hero each player.
6 strength, 6 agility, 6 intelligence

Hero Status:
- 20 max level
- 2 normal spells and 1 passive spell with 4 levels, 2 level skip requirement
- 1 attribute bonus spell with 6 levels, 2 level skip requirement
- 1 ultimate spell with 2 levels, required at level 7 then at 16.

WC3ScrnShot_012811_001142_08.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_012811_003738_13.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_012811_000239_06.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_012811_004307_14.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_012811_001930_09.jpg

First of all credits to Blizzard Entertainment for most of everything.

Model Credits:
Callahan - Draconian Templar, Mammoth Ravager, Clockwork Drillbot, Infernal Contraption
jigrael - Troll Venomancer, Undead Executioner, Lucifer
dickxunder - Draenei Tempest, Maleficent
Pyramidhe@d - Nerubian Warlock
TurieL - Dwarven Ace
Sunchips - Goblin Juggernaut
WolfmanArc - Human Champion
T.J.- Tauren Shaman
Norinrad - Gnome Inventor
67chrome - Bloodelf Sorceress
Suselishe - Ice Angel
Ezekiel - General Inferno
Pins - Gnoll Mercenary
armel - Naga Vindicator
wingednosering - Orc Mastersmith
ike_ike - Lunar Revenant
~Void~ - Sentinel Protector
DevilSIN - Ner'Zul

Effect Credits:
Judash137 - Light Blade, Fiend's Grip(Buff), Holy Blessing(Main Buff), Impale(Chains), Blades of Torture, Phoenix Fire(Wings), Shield Break(Shield)
JetFangInferno - Nether Spawn(Lightning), Shadow Dust, Life Reinforce, Static Field, Cold Essence(Buff), Shiver Guard(Buff), Mist Screech(Buff)
DonDustin - Thunder Bolt(Buff), Rolling Storm(Activation), Frost Blast, Shiver Plain(Buff)
WILLTHEALMIGHTY - Air Strike, Explosion
levigeorge1617 - Shiver Plain(Aura)
shamanyouranus - Mist Screech(Activation)
Ergius - Smoke Grenade(Smoke)
Callahan - Earth Rupture(Explosion)
Chriz. - Dynamite(Missile)
Infrisios - Tauren Shaman's Attack Projectile
sPy - Pilfering Envenom Missile
Pyramidhe@d - Frame Snap/Ankle Snare(Buff)
Pyritie - Moon Stroke(Buff)
ZIR - Gnoll Mercenary's Shoulder Pads
M0rbid - Selection Circle

Icon Credits:
CRAZYRUSSIAN - Sacred Enchantment, Spirit Wave, Ancestral Guidance, War Aftermath
-BerZeKeR- - Phoenix Fire, Earth Slam
NFWar - Act of Leadership, Fissure
4eNNightmare - Fiend's Grip, Blades of Torture
Darkfang - Venom Fang, Pilfering Envenom
bigapple90 - Intervention, Demon Edge
Dentothor - Conjure Image
Nudl9 - Fiery Blade
StaberFire - Counter Instinct
Kimberly - Wild Stampede
Palaslayer - Shiva's Power
Mr.Goblin - Poison React
bananaHUNT - Life Reinforce
FrIkY - Smite Spark

If there are people who are forgotten on credits please inform me.

v1.00 - v1.01

Heroes:
2 new heroes(naga & orc)
Fixed some spells.

Monsters:
Monster stats changes
New monsters
Spell balances
Increased monster spells
Final boss changes

Items:
2 new combine items
New items
Item changes
Heart of Vesper fixes

Miscellaneous:
Spells' level requirements are increased
Added final cinematic
Saved map with shadows
Tooltip fixes
Added few tips

v1.01 - v1.01b

Fixed Medivh from being owned by Player 1

v1.01b - v1.02

4 new combine item
New items
New shop-vendor
Added item color classifications
Improved some summoning spells
Fixed some spells
Reduced few monster spell damages
Few changes on monsters
Made seperate hints for items
Item price fixes
Tooltip fixes
Cam fixes

v1.02 - v1.02b

Added spell on final boss
Mob fixes
Item fixes
Minor fixes

v1.02b - v1.02c

Item spell balances
Item shop rearrangements
Item shop cooldown fixes
Hero spell fixes
Tooltip fixes

v1.02c - v1.03

Added stage level
Boss spell additions
Loading screen change
Spell cooldown fixes
Hero fixes
Tooltip fixes
System fixes

v1.03 - v1.04

Changed in-game name with version
Strengthen sacrificial mobs
Few item price increase
Mob spell additions
Changed selection circle
Spell Changes
Terrain fixes
Tooltip fixes

v1.04 - v1.04b

Fixed a major spell bug
Fixed sacrificial units from stopping
Sacrificial summon count fixed
Shorten revival text activation
Final boss changes
Item price changes
Spell changes and fixes
Tooltip fixes

v1.04b - v1.05

3 new heroes(infernal, revenant, sentinel)
added a new item
Strengthen sacrificial mobs
Restricted After Cast and War Aftermath from activating on item spells
Improved some hero spells
Few monster changes
Few item cost changes
Few changes on bosses

v1.05 - v1.05b

Few monster changes
Few bonuses added
Fix a major bug with sacrificial level
Fix final cinematic

Keywords:
war, chasers, grand, nv, nero, vesper, custom, journey, cooperative, campaign, multiplayer, adventure, 4 players
Contents

War Chaser Grand v1.05b (Map)

Reviews
00:47, 15th Feb 2011 Cweener: Approved See my post below.

M

00:47, 15th Feb 2011
Cweener: [color=#00a00]Approved[/color]
See my post below.

Level 3
I played the map and it reminds me so many good memories , but I started to think how this map look with a 1st person camera...

Level 4
Unlike most of other WarChasers game, this one is...
GOD DAMN REALLY MAKES ME STUNNED! :xxd:
This one is (my opinion) the best WarChasers map forever!
All is perfect, and the sexiest section is the skills! It's really custom!
Suggestions :
Oh, what can I suggest to you, all is perfect. Hmmm... yeah, there is something annoy me.
-Increase the skill's max level? I think it's nice. :grin:
Hmmm... what can I said again? Maybe, more heroes and custom skills? But I think you already know that! :goblin_yeah:
Anyway, good luck in your project! :plol:
=======
P.S : First time I play with Mammoroth, the Mammoth Ravager, only me. I died on the sacred halls of the Shadowlord when fighting with the Spectre! :xxd:
Anyway nice heroes.
Again, good luck in your project! :plol:

Level 13
ok, i'll try that. and yea my friends told me the ghost monsters were a bit imba because they only get hit with spells. i think it's good on 4 players. i'll try to balance that a bit. xD

really took me a lot time with the spells and i very much appreciate the compliment. thank you. ^^

I'll try to improve it. :)

I'm also planning on creating a part 2 of the game. but still gonna take some time for renewing the whole terrain. xD

Last edited:
Level 2
awesome map,played it with 2 other people got through till the lich king but there was no way we could beat him.lol we died...but still a cool map and lots of fun.
the only thing that would be nice is if there was more fusion items,but thats just a small thing :thumbs_up:

Level 10
A Slayer Review: War Chaser Grand N.V.

Good Points
:thumbs_up:New custom Heroes.
:thumbs_up:New custom items.
:thumbs_up:Heroes have new custom abilities.
:thumbs_up:Custom models.
:thumbs_up:The gameplay is good, though the map was originally made by Blizzard.
:thumbs_up:Nice terrain, though once again this was also originally made by Blizzard.

Bad Points
:thumbs_down:Some of the same creeps from Blizzard's War Chasers.
:thumbs_down:There is no way to heal yourself when not in combat, just like in Blizzard's War Chasers.:fp: (This is something I always hated. You had to stand around if you were low on health. You do have an item that heals you at the beginning of the game, but you need a non-combat consumable item like a Healing Salve or Replenishment Potion that you always have with you. I suggest you make a permanent ability that acts as a Replenishment Potion, but increase the Healing and Mana and increase the time it takes for it to finish a little bit. Call it "Rest" or something like that. I've seen this done on many maps and I like that idea myself.)
:thumbs_down:Really hard if you're playing this map by yourself, as with Blizzard's War Chasers.
:thumbs_down:You do not revive after you die. (At least Blizzard's gave you an Ankh. Of course, you replaced that with that healing plant you had. Reviving after you die is not necessary to improve the gameplay or help the map.)

Bugs
(I did not discover any bugs while I played this map.)

Overall Opinion
Overall, I'd say this map is pretty fun, although it is Blizzard's map, just modified. I'll give it a 3/5. Personally, I actually do think it is slightly better than Blizzard's version though. :)

Level 4
A Slayer Review: War Chaser Grand N.V.

Good Points
:thumbs_up:New custom Heroes.
:thumbs_up:New custom items.
:thumbs_up:Heroes have new custom abilities.
:thumbs_up:Custom models.
:thumbs_up:The gameplay is good, though the map was originally made by Blizzard.
:thumbs_up:Nice terrain, though once again this was also originally made by Blizzard.

Bad Points
:thumbs_down:Some of the same creeps from Blizzard's War Chasers.
:thumbs_down:There is no way to heal yourself when not in combat, just like in Blizzard's War Chasers.:fp: (This is something I always hated. You had to stand around if you were low on health. You do have an item that heals you at the beginning of the game, but you need a non-combat consumable item like a Healing Salve or Replenishment Potion that you always have with you. I suggest you make a permanent ability that acts as a Replenishment Potion, but increase the Healing and Mana and increase the time it takes for it to finish a little bit. Call it "Rest" or something like that. I've seen this done on many maps and I like that idea myself.)
:thumbs_down:Really hard if you're playing this map by yourself, as with Blizzard's War Chasers.
:thumbs_down:You do not revive after you die. (At least Blizzard's gave you an Ankh. Of course, you replaced that with that healing plant you had. Reviving after you die is not necessary to improve the gameplay or help the map.)

Bugs
(I did not discover any bugs while I played this map.)

Overall Opinion
Overall, I'd say this map is pretty fun, although it is Blizzard's map, just modified. I'll give it a 3/5. Personally, I actually do think it is slightly better than Blizzard's version though. :)
About the "hard to play alone", yes I agree with that. In the beginning it is very... "damn!". Especially if someone plays hero that don't have heal ability. You can make this map more easy if on single player. I don't know how, but I ever see a map with that trigger.

Level 13
at first tym i played it. the single player was too easy so i hardened it a bit.

but when my little brother and i played the game. only us 2. we always end up finishing it. so i thought it was an easy game. the thing is i ddn't take to account that most people will not easily get the game. since i'm the 1 who made it, it was easy 4 me. thanks to your help i am able to improve it 4 every1. ^^

thanks guys. :)

a system of mine messes up when ank is activated. i dn't knw how to fix it that's why i put a reviving system. T_T

Last edited:
Level 4
Well first time I play it, on early it's hard, but in the long run it's easy to grow, because of the Mammoth Ravager has self-heal ability and I'm fell in love in his cleaving attack! :xxd:
I only test the Mammoth Ravager, because of my poor computer.
The point on this map when play on single player is, no matter how hard you try, in the long run it's be more easy.
Well, essentially, I accept and happy enough with this map condition. :)
Anyway, creative hero you make, dude!

Level 1
...played this map with 10 of the heroes.An excellent map...way better than the original.
Although it will not show me the end screen ... i just alt + f4 my way out..no biggy.A mana fountain would have been great at the beginning.Anyway the spells..the heroes...the items are all just sweet.Zeal,Drago,Axel,Mammoroth FTW
cheers!

Last edited:
Level 2
I've played this map with all heroes, win it many times, and what can i say.
It's the best map what i have seen last time.
I very like original WarChasers, and have seen many tens of remakes. This version is the best.
Autors have done great work (custom models, items, good balance and gameplay), and got great result!
Nice Blizzard' map became a really masterpiece.
Keep improve that map. Add more new heroes, new items, something else, and i will play it again and again)

Last edited:
Level 14
This map is not as easy as warchaser there is no hero like squelettorus who were awesome and made warchaser easy (Many awesome spells who deal incredible damage).And the hell core defense is impossible alone it is bad make only one core and not two or make a taunt.

Last edited:
Level 13
ok, i'll fix that after, and some were also complaining about the sacrificial mobs too tough, and some bugs there.

when i made this map i forgot to put easy mode and such. T___T but i am currently taking those mistakes and improving the new map i'm making just like this but with a whole new terrain, heroes and twists. i'm still in progress of making the whole thing... but in this warchaser map all i can do is fix and not add nymore maybe on my other map.

Level 15
I love warchasers, i'm gonna test this map and review it!
just played here's mah review, hope you like it.
Heroes: good models and nice spell, 4/5
difficulty: i haven't fully played it, srry. i will edit this when i fully played
Terrain: pretty much just like warchasers, well done! 5/5. this was rated based on how close it is to warchasers
loading screen: EPIC!!!LEGEND/ARY!!!!!(lol jk, real rating is 5/5)
all in all 10/10!

Last edited:
Level 2
Like the original Warchasers, the beginning can be quite boring for those heroes that lack a healing ability. Warchasers: Redemption was probably my favorite because it added Mana and Healing Springs ("circle" in that version) near the start.

There are also so many items dropping and the fact that you can't go back to some areas to pick them up, that you need a secondary item storage like in Redemption. Create a unit that can be summoned to the position of your hero that has 6 additional item slots. The unit could not move or use items and would return to its original position 30 secs after the summon, with the summoning having a cooldown as well.

Also, I know I'll be alone in my thought process here, but remove the camera restriction. Allow free control of the camera. Having it focused on your hero all the time is unnecessary and helps in viewing your teammates (therefore "observation mode" would also be unnecessary on death).

The "Infernal Contraption" wave of sacrifices are also bugged.

Level 1
Great revision. Always like new heroes, although sometimes too many can get overwhelming. Especially when they all have good abilities. Then again, I prefer that over the original WarChaser, where a couple of the heroes were utterly useless right from the beginning to the end, solo-wise.

This GRAND version, however, updated so many things. After reloading the game 18 times to see all the heroes and their spells, I finally got a friend and logged on. I chose Zeal, Undead Executioner while she chose Mayve, Draenei Tempest. We took it all the way to the Lich King, but she D/C'd halfway through the fight, which left me on my own. She suggested the only way to solo at that point was to manipulate fountain positions to my advantage. Sure, the fight took....at least 15 minutes of constant melee, but in the end, we finished this awesome map. (Helm of Bloodthirst and Killmaim were essential in this victory, I cannot stress enough.)

My favorite hero is probably the Tauren Shaman, however ~

Level 9
Well its kinda late but this is still one of the best Warchasers maps out there. So congrats!