• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Purifiction

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: IcemanBo
This is my 2nd skill pack :)
P/S:I think it is simple 0.0
Describe:
Heal allied targeted unit for hit points and deal damage to all enemy units in 300 AoE.Damage type is pure.
Level 1 - 90 damage.
Level 2 - 180 damage.
Level 3 - 270 damage.
Level 4 - 360 damage.
  • Purifiction
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Purifiction
  • Actions
    • Set HealCaster = (Casting unit)
    • Set HealTarget = (Target unit of ability being cast)
    • Set HealOwner = (Owner of HealTarget)
    • Unit - Set life of HealTarget to ((90.00 x (Real((Level of Purifiction for HealCaster)))) + (Life of HealTarget))
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 300.00 of (Position of HealTarget)) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • (((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of HealTarget)) Equal to True)
          • Then - Actions
            • Unit - Cause HealCaster to damage (Picked unit), dealing (90.00 x (Real((Level of Purifiction for HealCaster)))) damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal
          • Else - Actions
Keywords:
Purifiction
Contents

Purifiction (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected. 14:01, 16th Nov 2010 TriggerHappy: Your spell leaks and it's too simple to be approved.

M

12th Dec 2015
IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected.

14:01, 16th Nov 2010
TriggerHappy:

Your spell leaks and it's too simple to be approved.

Level 16
Moin moin =)

=== My personal vote: I don't know [X/5] ===

Ok after download and testing the map: It's from omniknight isn't it? But this should be the point for now:

1) Actually you only need 1 variable ( see point 3 )

2) You should use (Triggering Unit) instead of (Casting Unit)

3) You have a unit group leak and I would make it like this: Create a Point variable like this:
  • Set TempLocation = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
instead of the Target variable.

Now you pick every units in range from this point and BEFORE you pick every units in.... you type this:
  • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
After you done all actions, clear the point variable at the end with:
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(TempPoint)
4) This is a very easy spell, so there's no need to store caster,target,player in a variable. Only one TempPoint for the picking range.

=== So what we got now ===
As I said very simple spell, but unneeded variables you use there. It's ok if you create something like that, but this wont have a big use here. I don't know, actually it isn't a rejection nor it's an approval. So I leave my rating out and see what's coming.

Greetings and Peace
Dr. Boom

Level 37
4) This is a very easy spell, so there's no need to store caster,target,player in a variable. Only one TempPoint for the picking range.

He should save caster,, target, owner of caster and the heal/damage to variables, since those are used more than once. Also the point should be stored to variable, so one can remove it.

So five variables in total.

Level 16
Moin moin =)

"So five variables in total", this must be a joke. For that simple easy spell you want use 5 variables. No way, the point variable is enough here.

But I don't want open a battle now. After I saw this other new kamehameha spell here, I'm pissed anyway -_-

Greetings and Peace
Dr. Boom

Level 37
There is no battle to be found here.

Save caster - you use it to get the ability level, owner and for damaging units.
Save owner - you use it potentially several times in the unit group pick condition
Save location - to be able to remove it afterwards
Save damage - makes no sense to recalculate it for every damaged unit
Save target - you use it twice in set life of unit: This one I could let you slip away without using a variable.

Level 8
There is no battle to be found here.

Save caster - you use it to get the ability level, owner and for damaging units.
Save owner - you use it potentially several times in the unit group pick condition
Save location - to be able to remove it afterwards
Save damage - makes no sense to recalculate it for every damaged unit
Save target - you use it twice in set life of unit: This one I could let you slip away without using a variable.

6 variables, you forgot the Unit Group variable, which is required so that you can remove the unit group after it is used using the custom script:
  • Custom script - call DestroyGroup ( udg_UnitGroup )

Level 8
Well, that's kind of optional. Maybe he wants the units to be able to block some of it with armor.

Only the damage type has to be normal in order to block it.
The attack type can be anyone, I would prefer Chaos because it ignores all armor types, but reduces damage if the target has loads of armor.
Using Chaos also allows the unit to deal moderate damage to divine units.
So, my point is, that isn't Normal damage type the best?
Never cared much for the others, but doesn't the ones such as "Universal" deal increased damage?

Level 2
Only the damage type has to be normal in order to block it.
The attack type can be anyone, I would prefer Chaos because it ignores all armor types, but reduces damage if the target has loads of armor.
Using Chaos also allows the unit to deal moderate damage to divine units.
So, my point is, that isn't Normal damage type the best?
Never cared much for the others, but doesn't the ones such as "Universal" deal increased damage?

Universal damage deals full damage, regardless of whatever. It goes through all types of armor and immunity. When I think of "pure", I think of universal. That was my point. Obviously its up to him to deal the type of damage he wants, but when he says "damage type is pure", his trigger is not.

Level 8
Universal damage deals full damage, regardless of whatever. It goes through all types of armor and immunity. When I think of "pure", I think of universal. That was my point. Obviously its up to him to deal the type of damage he wants, but when he says "damage type is pure", his trigger is not.

Ah, ok.
To be honest, this was also helping me a bit, since I never thought of what the other damage types did, so now that you are saying this, it will actually help me in some maps.