• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNSigurdsHelm

Kind of got inspired by NFWar's helms :)

Updated:
reduced the blurriness
a bit sharpened
changed background
Updated:
Simply removed the glowing eyes holes

Keywords:
helm, sigurd, viking, north, nether, plate, head, protection, armor, defense
Contents

BTNSigurdsHelm (Icon)

Reviews
11th Aug 2010 Pyramidhe@d: Very nice icon. Certainly looks unique.

M

11th Aug 2010
Pyramidhe@d: Very nice icon. Certainly looks unique.

background blends in some places with the helmet. Overal it looks tad blurry. Shading is missing on helmet's "skeleton". I sugest to change the background color to something more blue, because it blends with skeleton of the helmet (same color) and makes the icon a bit monotone. If you still want to keep BG clor, than define the helmet.

Level 7
Yeah, it's kinda blurry :p and is it just me, or would it look better if there was some kind of glow / light in the eyes? > Good icon btw :D

Level 36
The entire image lacks sharpness and contrast. Maybe try to add in details by hand, and mess around with the color settings a bit. I would up the saturation a tiny bit, add some contrast, and maybe a little brightness too. Just using the sharpen tool/filter isn't going to do the trick, really.

Also, there's too much blue in the background. Look at the other icons in WC3, there's another one that looks similar to this (I think it's crown of kings +5) that's a helmet with a blue glow. The glow in those is just around the edge of the helmet, and it fades out; yours just looks like a cloud.

If I had to rate it now, I'd give it a 3. It could definitely be much better with some work, though. I like the shape of the helmet itself.