• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tips for a good roleplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello to all ^^,
Influenced by Dragonson,the one who created the rp rules,I decided to also create a new thread in which tips will given for rpers;

Tips

Patience is a gift
If you are a newbie in Roleplay,start roleplaying a minor character(such as a guard,a minion).Over time your experience in roleplay will be increased,thus giving your opportunities to roleplay and a major character(a villain or a hero).

Control is an illusion
Remember that things can go like your way,you dont have the control of an rp.I am writing these because many ops think that people who do these are destroying the rp but they are wrong.They op opens one path,some will follow it while others will create new ones that eventually will attract some.This does not destroy the rp but its making it better instead.

Emotes
Emotes are words/phrases that are writen after a dialogue such as
"Hello there"[random lad]says while peering searchingly at you.This will show to other rpers your experience,therefore adding in their minds you as a good rper.

Ask before you act
This means that you must ask before you do an action,such make a siege at a keep or any other major events.The one for example who guards the keep may deny your idea or do it under some conditions.

Any feedback,opinions and also new tips will be greatly appreciated

Level 6
Nah rules force you to do that otherwise there will have a penalty.Tips are friendly suggestions that help you increase your roleplay experience,you can ignore them or use them,there will be no penalty for you ^^

Last edited:
Level 16
Some times it is good to actually like write a story instead of such things as *does something* Oh hi *keeps doing something*. In other words some prefer quality over quantity. I do for sure it is much more fun to understand what the other is saying completely and it is nice to go into detail to let the rp get bigger. Plus a detail could eventually become a main topic if you allow it. Just something I got while I was away.

Status
Not open for further replies.