• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

131ue's Campaign RPG "Official Forum"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
ok, ok i get it 131ue, and by the way, i think my mom got me a sound recorder for me for my b-day, so i might be able to do voice acting(might, ill get back to you on that). and 131ue, let death back on the team , maybe we could split the triggers, he do first half, i do second, giving me time to get AIM9(which i tried to get it, but im not "old" enough, so ill just lie). And shouldnt the triggers be done after all the maps, terrains and units are done?

Level 6
Alright sry about that. Im just getting impatient. You can be still on the team. How soon can you get me those files, becuz Ive made about another 5 maps after i sent you the files lol.
@beantony- I like the idea. Mastering system to move up. As far as skillwise, I'm trying to figure out how to implant vex's spellbook system. If I can't I'll just add more units that are invisible for skill system. Ex: Use a skill called skill book, the control goes to the skill book unit, invisible flying unit. Press again, it goes on to the next one etc. That can get little screwed up. So i really have to figure out vex's system since 5 skills for one hero will be limited.

Heres the updated types. These are the official classes as well. All units will be one of these classes. (All classes start out as noobs, advance to first class at lvl 10, second class at lvl 25 and able to do the final class at lvl 60)

*Fighter - Barbarian - Chaos Barbarian
*Fighter - Barbarian - Blademaster
*Fighter - Warrior - Elite Warrior
*Fighter - Knight - Knight Templar
*Fighter - Knight - Defender
*Rogue - Hunter - Assasin
*Rogue - Hunter - Thief
*Rogue - Archer - Elite Archer (Dwarves will not use bows, but guns instead.)
*Rogue - Archer - Sharpshooter (Dwarves will not use bows, but guns instead.)
*Rogue - Archer - Ranger (Only availuable for night elves)
*Acolyte - Mage - Sage
*Acolyte - Mage - Healer
*Acolyte - Mage - Summoner
*Druid - Master Druid (For the horde, this maybe shamans)
*Warlock - Master Warlock (Only availuable for undead and demons)

There it is. Thx
-Blue

Level 6
Finnally it looks like this project starts to roll again ;) of course i made the arrow for the compass but where to send it now, so you can look at it and see if it is what you wanted in the first place ;)

Oh yeah of course i forget to mention that i´m now called RH.Vol :p

Level 5
131ueDragon said:
Alright sry about that. Im just getting impatient. You can be still on the team. How soon can you get me those files, becuz Ive made about another 5 maps after i sent you the files lol.
5 maps? wow, quite fast :D

131ueDragon said:
Mastering system to move up. As far as skillwise, I'm trying to figure out how to implant vex's spellbook system. If I can't I'll just add more units that are invisible for skill system. Ex: Use a skill called skill book, the control goes to the skill book unit, invisible flying unit. Press again, it goes on to the next one etc. That can get little screwed up. So i really have to figure out vex's system since 5 skills for one hero will be limited.
do you know an item ability called 'spellbook' ability? Change it to hero skill.

example:
spellbook skill lv1 contains:
+Skill A - lv1
spellbook skill lv2 contains:
+Skill A - lv2
+Skill B - lv1
spellbook skill lv3 contains:
+skill A - lv2
+skill B - lv2
+skill C - lv1

you may put more than one spellbook ability to unit, just make sure not to put same spellbook ability with same "Base Order ID" at a single unit.

131ueDragon said:
Heres the updated types. These are the official classes as well. All units will be one of these classes. (All classes start out as noobs, advance to first class at lvl 10, second class at lvl 25 and able to do the final class at lvl 60)

*Fighter - Barbarian - Chaos Barbarian
*Fighter - Barbarian - Blademaster
*Fighter - Warrior - Elite Warrior
*Fighter - Knight - Knight Templar
*Fighter - Knight - Defender
*Rogue - Hunter - Assasin
*Rogue - Hunter - Thief
*Rogue - Archer - Elite Archer (Dwarves will not use bows, but guns instead.)
*Rogue - Archer - Sharpshooter (Dwarves will not use bows, but guns instead.)
*Rogue - Archer - Ranger (Only availuable for night elves)
*Acolyte - Mage - Sage
*Acolyte - Mage - Healer
*Acolyte - Mage - Summoner
*Druid - Master Druid (For the horde, this maybe shamans)
*Warlock - Master Warlock (Only availuable for undead and demons)
Quite a number of classes you have there. Be sure to have tons of ability ideas, Blue :p
In wc3 wow, I had a problem with abilities, even there were only 9 classes.
or the 2nd choice, reduce the classes a little.
just a suggestion from me :D

Level 6
Hmmmmm spellbook seems interesting I'll mess around with it.

@Beantony: Some races will not support some classes. Ex: Humans will not support druids.
Besides to begin with we'll have basic ones first, and add them gradually.
Also you thought the 5 maps created was quite quick heres why. I was playing wc wow couple of days ago. And then I went, 'hmmm the maps take an awful long time to load, hard to move back and forth.' So my maps are significantly smaller, broken up into smaller parts. Some large regions and cities may contain up to about 4 maps, reducing the loading time and allowing more free movements between maps without staring at a loading screen. Thx for your ideas. You are great.

@Development Team:
Lets get this thing moving. Anyone really good at hosting webpages? becuz I am not. We need some sort of free hosting pages that will allow us to give downloads and stuff, but has to be kept private from other people download wise. This makes it much easier then trying to find times for the online timing to transfer data. If anyone can figure it out so we can upload stuff, itd be great. Thx

Currently I am reworking on the
*Daelon Dreaded Swamps
*Stromgoth
*Underground Mines

Once I get to a certain point, I'll start the cities for the undead. Thx

-Blue

Level 6
Interesting... I was messing around with the spell book. Is there a way to change the levels of the spells them selves? It looks like I cant just make the skill inside increase, I have to update the skillbook level, and have all sorts of different levels to make the inside skills different too. Thx
-Blue

*EDIT: Found a second error thing or possibly answering my previous one. Spellbook, even if changed to hero skills cannot use hero skills, only unit and item skills. Thx for the idea anyways

*EDIT EDIT: (lol) I found a flaw in my own system. In order for the skill books to fly around, I need to make it through trigger for the bag to follow the unit every x seconds. Well that also stops the unit from casting an ability. You could be in the middle of casting, and the trigger tells the skillbook to move toward ur hero, causing the skill to be stopped, but still losing your mana. I really need to figure out Vex's System. Thx
-Blue

Level 6
Here are the skill ideas for the first availuable hero, the Human Warrior.

Human Warrior:

1. Mark of a Master: When an enemy comes near the hero, it will recognize the hero's strength, and its willingness to fight will decrease, lowering the attack damage. (Some sort of aura, I dont know what yet.)

2. Quick Reflexes: The hero is able to move faster than many who are near. Once an enemy comes near the hero, the warrior's fast speed makes that of the enemie's look slow. (Some sort of endurance aura to slow down movement and attack rates to enemies near by)

3. Evasion: Lets the hero evade incoming attacks. (This will have to be activated, not the plain old evasion where it dodges by itself.)

4. Fist of Fury: The hero punches an enemy with all his might, throwing the unit back and stunning it for a short amount of time. (Modifed Storm Bolt and custom triggers...)

5. Mirror Illusion: The hero moves so fast that it creates an illusion that there are multiples of him, confusing the enemy. (Modified Mirror Image)

6. ???? (Need a name): The hero moved quickly out of an enemie's reach. (Modified Blink)

7. Deadly Blow: Able to deal heavy damage (critical strike)

8. Battle Cry: (Deciding whether to increase ur ability to fight, or decrease the enemie's. Modified Roar)

9. Increased Health: Increased health regenaration rate.

10. ????? (Need a name): Increased attack speed. (Glove of haste)

Any more suggestions for the hero? Thx
-Blue

Level 5
131ueDragon said:
Hmmmmm spellbook seems interesting I'll mess around with it.

@Beantony: Some races will not support some classes. Ex: Humans will not support druids.
Besides to begin with we'll have basic ones first, and add them gradually.
Also you thought the 5 maps created was quite quick heres why. I was playing wc wow couple of days ago. And then I went, 'hmmm the maps take an awful long time to load, hard to move back and forth.' So my maps are significantly smaller, broken up into smaller parts. Some large regions and cities may contain up to about 4 maps, reducing the loading time and allowing more free movements between maps without staring at a loading screen. Thx for your ideas. You are great.

-Blue

Yeah, I figured it out.
To reduce the loading time, make sure don't put to many object data on the campaign editor.

I created a singlemap unit (example: NPC A, B, n C just for map A) in campaign editor because I think it's faster to make unit using the campaign editor (When WE doesn't load any map).
But everytime you load a map in war3, wc3 exe will load all the object data from campaign object data, which if you put too many custom units and abilities, would make your loading time longer.

My advice:
- Don't put map-specific unit data on campaign object editor.
- Epic size map isn't really a problem for war3. Try to load an empty epic-sized map and small-sized map, compare the loading time, the differece still can be tolerated, I think.
- forgot to tell you, don't put passive abilities on spellbook ability :p

Level 6
Thx bean you are great.

There might be a slight delay in the project. My comp got loaded with virus and had to be formatted. Most of the files are backed up, but some were not. I have to redownload alot of files again now, models and crap. Thx
-Blue

Level 6
Yea this is quite confusing... Installing frozen throne now. Heres the general team right now:

Overall Manager: 131ueDragon
Terrain: 131ueDragon (Open Slot)
Trigger: Deathbedeli2 (Maybe shadow as well if you don't want to take other occupations)
Unit Creator/Balancer: 131ueDragon (Open Slot)
Item Creator: (Open Slot)
Storyline: 131ueDragon
Voice Actor/Audio: (Open Slot)
Beta Testers: (Open Slot)(Not needed yet)
Skin and Modelers: Dependent on wc3sear.ch community
Icon Importer: (Needed, I am too lazy to do this. I need the world of warcraft item icons imported on to the map. You can download it from icons as mpq, and then export them using image extractor and then import them to the map.)
Loading Screen Creator: (Open Slot)

Wow we're going to need alot more people. lol. Thx.
-Blue

Level 6
Wow... now i need to find a frozen throne 1.18 no cd patch because my cd's arent readible for some reason. It just keeps getting better and bettter. Thx
-Blue

Level 6
Ok I need some idea for battling. Not creep battling, but between countries etc, and you are either a solder or general. Should I make it:
1. tactical phased, allowing certain units to move certain areas only etc. Some ranged, resting time in between for certain units etc.
2. regular combat system where you are just in the middle of a war (This seems more realistic unless you were a general) and if you were a general just control where each types of units should go.

I like the second one better. Tell me what you guys think. Thx
-Blue

Level 6
With the deepest regret, the Project Rakaeon Beta Team will be closed until at least this summer. I myself will work on the map continuosly, but the project team only seems to delay me. Sorry. Thank you all for helping out. Shadow, anytime you are ready we can probably get started on ur map, whatever it is you were going to make... Thx
-Blue

Level 6
If anyone please can make a homepage where we can host this campaign, so the developers could upload and download it, I'll think about bringing the team back. Thx
-Blue

Level 6
Summer is here, and so begins the new beta developement team for Blue's RPG Campaign, Heaven's Fall... Brand New Maps, and story line... We need to get a team going again, and anyone is welcomed to join.

Heaven's Fall Info:
Formerly known as rakaeon: the lost age, heaven's fall is going to be similar to rakaeon. it will not, however, contain any other race other than humans. players can only choose the human race, but will have 5 kingdoms to choose from. player can visit other race lands, such as dwarves, elves, orcs, etc. Player will be able to get acrossed places on board ships, a whole new world out in the ocean.

anyone wants to help out, please leave a reply...
-Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.