• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

131ue's Campaign RPG "Official Forum"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey Volrath or deathbedeli2, I decided that there should be an official forum page where we leave comments and stuff so we can get an idea of where this project is going. So feel free to update and of your works or ask any questions about the game. Thx
-Blue

Level 6
Triggering Problem

Triggers arent working correctly as they should be, and I had them pretty disorganized, so I can't figure out the error. (It's pretty major too. Character won't load in the beginning...) I think I'll just re-trigger everything, so lets figure out the game systems we want to put in the game.
So far I got:
1. Food System
2. Fame/Honor System (Thx Volrath :) )
3. Direction/Location System
4. Free stat point system (So you can choose what stat to raise)
5. Nation System (When you select a race and character, you can also choose which nation of that race you wish to be part of)
6. Ranking System (For rewards for participating in war.)
7. Death System - Need some good idea for this
8. Extended Spell book system. (Vexorian put in on this page somewhere I think...)
9. Extended Inventory System
10. Class System
11. War System - between nations and races
12. NPC system
13. Bank and Storage System

If you got anymore ideas, let me know before I start re-triggering the map. Thx
-Blue

Level 6
very good idea of course, i´m doing well with the units i believe...ok will need to test it with some heroes ^^

I talked with Super-Human, and i think he wants to join our project, hes good at triggering and such things! I believe he will contact you

Random weather isn´t bad idea, yep :)

The Trigger problem...thats bad :(

Got another crazy idea ^^ or even more...

Whats about a arena where you can battle against gladiators from different nations? I mean first you choose to fight just for fun or for one of the nations and so increase you rank with them, if you win!There could be some sort of extra reward too and the gladiators who fights there will not only become stronger but new and special opponents will be unlocked when you go further in the game ^^

Second idea... (only a crazy idea...)

Part 1
Some sort of family...i mean over the game you become a well known person, even when you choose to be the biggest ass ever born ^^
So why shouldn´t you fall in love with someone?
Part 2
And imagine you can "make" a child which can be trained by you and assist you in further combats!
Big extra would be when you go higher in a nations rank that you then can bring your child with you so it can become a top member of the nation too, biggest problem of course it would take to long for the child to grow up to matter for you.... ^^
But its Fanatsy! ^^

I know thats not really something for the beginning...

For the Death System you could just make it so that you have to walk back from your ghost to the next healer...I mean why appears your ghost in a graveyard far away, it could just appear direct by the body, just another idea...

Level 6
Im liking the Idea

I like the Idea of the death system. That way, the location of the corpse doesnt have to be remembered because it'll just decay away, and will be resurrected when you get to a healer. I think I'll have the system set up so you can choose 2 ways. 1st one will be your idea, having a ghost appear and have to go back to the nearest healer. Second one will be losing 10% of your current gold to be resurrected at the spot. That way, if you are really far away from the nearest city, (there will be some maps that are at least 5~6 maps away from a city) you can just choose to resurrect at the spot without wasting like 10 minutes to resurrect. And it will also force people to use the bank system, so they dont lose a ton of gold when they get killed and dont want to go back to a healer. Good Ideas. Feel free to post any other ideas. Thx
-Blue

Level 6
hmmm

I sent deathbedeli2 the file, so he should be getting started on the terrain pretty soon. Triggers are going pretty good with me, but I'm going to wait till tomorrow just because I'm tired and I want to see if I can come up with more ideas before I put them into the map. Hope the unit balancing works are going well. Thx
-Blue

Level 6
hmmm

I sent deathbedeli2 the file, so he should be getting started on the terrain pretty soon. Triggers are going pretty good with me, but I'm going to wait till tomorrow just because I'm tired and I want to see if I can come up with more ideas before I put them into the map. Hope the unit balancing works are going well. Thx
-Blue

Level 6
Btw what i wanted to ask you, which Editor do you use? Because i use WEU and dont know if there could be problems when you tyr to open it with other then WEU...

1.And what do you think aout some sort of housing?
Would come in handy together with the family crap ;)

2. What about mounts or other quick travel possibilities?Because when you played a long time visiting the same areas again and again and again just to come to the "outer rim" that could be really annyoing!

Level 6
Hmmm I dont use weu

I used WEU for a while, but I got really quite irritated because it reordered the editors and stuff. (Ex: Object editor's fields get messed up.) If there is any problem, I think I can just install WEU, export the unit data and reload. I dont think it should be a problem though. I've had problems with triggers between WEU and regular WE, but I dont remember having a unit data problem. Thx
-Blue

Level 6
Map?

Maybe we outta draw a map or something before we get too deep into terraining and stuff. So that way we can figure out where each things should go...Thx
-Blue[/img]

Level 6
Travel Method

I've got two traveling methods right now, through goblin air crafts, or through ships. There is an underground tunnel named "The Underground" (I know clever) which will get you from the Blight to some island.

Level 6
About the family idea. I've thought about it, and it'll make the game much too complicated. First of all for the housing, I'll need to make multiple houses in multiple cities, or you will be limited to just one house, which loses the whole point. Second of all, if the housing doesnt exist, what is to happen with the family? Your wife cant just follow you around. It's a good idea, but I dont think Im exprienced enough or want to spend that much time to make that trigger. Nice idea though, too bad we cant incorporate it. Thx
-Blue

Level 6
gladiator idea

For your gladiator idea however, Im working on a smaller scale version. The pic of a tavern by Born2Modificate inspired me to make a tavern, and there you can drink, get quests and get into fist fights with other drunks. (Good idea? bad idea? leave a note.) Thx
-Blue

Level 4
I havent recived the file yet, and BTW (by the way) im a lot better triggerer then terraner, but hey i can do both

On the Tavern note - fist fighting with other drunks to get gold would be a good way to get money if you some how lost all your cash, except if they died there wouldnt the owners of the bar "clean up" the dead corpse?

EDIT: after checking my email i have recived it, im starting on it rihgt now

Level 6
Hey Death

Then could you do some triggering works for me? As far as campaigns, I'm really quite new. I've made several normal maps, but never campaigns, and I'm getting irritated with the game cache and variables and transferring them back and forth. If you want to do the triggering work, I can do the terrain work. When I actually terrain, Im not bad myself, I just left them quite simple because you would be terraining. Let me know if you want to switch. Thx
-Blue

Level 6
fighting

As far as the fighting went, I was never going to have it to death. I was going to trigger it so once your health is below 5% ur done, "knocked out" and you'll be out of the arena, lost your money, but wouldnt be dead. More ideas are always welcomed. Thx
-Blue

Level 6
shoot

thats what i was wondering, because it was bound to go over 10 mb which is the limit for yahoo transer i think... Dont publicsh it here. Maybe we can agree on a time and go on yahoo instant messenger (and itd be helpful if u could get one too volrath). Just write a time, and anywhere past 7 on any day would probably work for me, or you can send the maps individually. Thx
-Blue

Level 6
lol I think you misunderstood me

I think you misunder stood me for the caves. I wanted the rock arches as the roof for the caves. No matter, I'll just redo it. Thx
-Blue

Level 6
hey volrath

Just to let you know Volrath, death and I switched positions, so I am now the new terrainer, and he's a triggerer. Hope the balancing is going well. Thx
-Blue

Level 6
We havent really decided on the project name. I had it as "Rakaeon: The Lost Age" because it was the name of the project I was working on before I had to format my computer. Thx
-Blue

Level 6
No Im actually quite a ways off from done. I'm working on several new maps b4 i send it to you. I should have it done by Monday or so. Thx
-Blue

Level 6
Almost done. Im finishing up the shop. I gotta work on the swamp and the caves tomorrow, and finish up the plains. Thx
-Blue

Level 6
Ok... heres the lists of what I got and what I have to work on:
*Completed: Beginner's Village Map, Tavern, Swamp
*Finshing Touch: Forest, Shop, Bank
*Working on: Plains, Shore, Shipyard

I don't think I can get them in by Monday. I'll try. I need Volrath to give me the unit data b4 i give it to you anyways deli. So just be patient and stick with me. Volrath hasnt been around lately...Thx
-Blue

*EDIT: Im not liking the way the forest map looks, so I'm remaking the whole forest map. Thx
-Blue

Level 6
Its ok. All I gotta do is do some terraining, and wait for Volrath. I think I should have it done by Monday. I got alot done today.
Update:
1. Forest - 80% done
2. Beginner's Village (Renamed to Daelon)- 100% done
3. Tavern - 100% done
4. Swamp - 98% done
5. Bank - 70% done
6. Shore - 50% done
7. Shipyard - 70% done
8. Grand Shop - 60% done
9. Field - 100% done
10. Plains - 10% done
11. Barracks - 0% done :shock:

Overall Average: about 70% completed.

I should have it done by Monday. I might not be able to. As I said we're still waiting for Volrath whereever he went. When I get the unit data, I'll send them to you death. I'll give you a list of triggers when I send it. Thx
-Blue

*EDIT: if Volrath doesnt give me the unit data by next week, I'll start working on some as well. I need an opinion though. Should I:
1. Finish the relative area for humans and go on to other races as the map gets there, or
2. Somewhat finish the human area, start one area for the Horde, and one area for the Damned.
Feedback would be appreciated. Thx
-Blue

Level 6
Alright. I am about 90% done with the forest map. I wonder where Volrath is lately...
*P.S.: I'm creating a new idea of jobs. First three to be added will be herbalism, farming, and lumbering.
*Lumbering can be acquired by the lumberjack in the forest.
*Farming can be acquired by the farmers in the field.
*Herbalism can be acquired by the apocathery.

*This means I have to add an apocathery map. I also have to create a building for a healer. I think I'll just use the apocathery map for the healer as well. Thx
-Blue

*EDIT: The jobs will add a "taste" to the game, but shouldnt cause that much difference in the game play.

*With herbalism, you can create potions from herbs you gather.

*With Lumbering, you can collect wood and sell them or create *something* with them. (Not sure what yet.)

*With farming, you are able to gather rare herbs, and or gather food and plants.

Tell me if you think its a good idea. Thx
-Blue

Level 6
And Im not sure if this will be possible, but have you guys played the map elimination? I think they use the carrion swarm or shockwave or something for the gunners to aim. As we get into the game later, I thought it would be more realistic for the archers and gunners to use the same concept of having to aim instead of just pressing "A" then clicking on the enemy. Thx
-Blue

*EDIT: I guess it is possible since it has been done before. But I think this will give the game a better look, and the arrows can be dodged. (And add an arrow system so once you are out of arrows, your hero cannot fire anymore.)

Level 7
i hope you have a triggerer with either a lot of time or a lot of skill to back up all the ideas

and i'd suggest not using carrion swarm, and rather periodically moved units, because its unrealistic to have an arrow fly through 5 targets, or to have an arrow fly through a tree

Level 6
Arrows flying through trees maybe. But I think you can change the skills to have it only target 1 target. (I maybe wrong, or maybe just not for carrion swarm.) As far as triggerers go, I got death to do some of it, but when we hit summer, its really the time to trigger then. (Hopefully have most of the terrains and unit balancing done by then) Thx
-Blue

Level 7
131ueDragon said:
Arrows flying through trees maybe. But I think you can change the skills to have it only target 1 target. (I maybe wrong, or maybe just not for carrion swarm.) As far as triggerers go, I got death to do some of it, but when we hit summer, its really the time to trigger then. (Hopefully have most of the terrains and unit balancing done by then) Thx
-Blue

i believe you can set the maximum -damage- but not targets, ie your arrow will deal damage to the first one but will still fly through all the other guys and not hurt them, which looks kinda wierd :S

Level 6
Thx for the input Raptor.
Death and Volrath, by the way, we got a new memeber in the development team. Shadowmanifest is joining. Death, I need to know how good you are at jass. If you dont know how to work jass, shadow might be taking the jass part. Thx
-Blue

*P.S. Volrath where are you? We're getting a bit worried...

Level 6
Bad News

Hey we got some bad news here. Volrath is leaving the development team, at least for now. That reduces the number of developers + the fact that the unit datas will have to be redone now. Volrath will still be mentioned in special thanks for his ideas.

Current Rakaeon Development Team:
*131ueDragon
*Deathbedeli2
*Shadowmanifest

I'll try to get the unit data completed as quickly as possible. Thx
-Blue

P.S. Volrath you're still welcomed to post any ideas you have here.

Level 6
Triggers

Death, I'm just going to work on the unit data and send you the file. The maps arent completely done, but I'll send you a list of the triggers that need to be done. I think we need to start the triggers. Thx
-Blue

Level 3
lol, im sry 131ue dragon, i believe you misunderstood my pm, quote"if its in jass just mssg me and dont email it", what i meant was, i dont understand jass, but i can work triggers, or i could take some qick jass lessons(lol, but if you realy whant, i could try). If you would like an example of my work, goto maps and search for OOTGF 3.5, or take the link here in the maps forum. Can someone plz fill me in where we are at in the map? I have a question too, whenever i work on teams, we usually just do our work, email/upload it to the next person, then they would do their work, how exactly do you do it?

Level 6
o Ok. No you dont need to learn jass. We originally had it for me to terrain first then I was going to send it to death after i get some major areas done to get the triggering done. Volrath was to do unit data and give to me so I could send to Death for triggering. Currently I'm doing all the work because Volrath quit and I need to have the unit balanced out b4 i send them to Death. Or will you be willing to trigger? I think Im just going to send the file anytime, terrain is somewhat done. Theres a huge list to be done for trigger:
1. Moving from map to map with same data, money, fame etc.
2. Entering and leaving buildings
3. Direction system
4. Creep Respawn
5. Quests
6. Miscel. Animation

and the list goes on...
If you want to do the creeps I can send you the map and then you could c the heroes balance out the units. I'm really new at working as a team, most of my projects have been managed solo. So tell me what you'd like to do: Triggering, Unit Create/Balance, etc. Thx
-Blue

Level 6
I just dont have enough time for anything... but I hope that I can at least find the time to come up with some good ideas! ;)

And of course due to the time this great project will take there is a good chance that I will be able to help you again but dont ask me when, because the things I have to do needs there time. :p

Level 3
alright, heres what we should do. death, im not so bad at triggers myself, but if you havent already, look at my trigger work in OOTGF 3.5, take the link i have here in the maps forum, or just search it. While you there check out my custom tech tree for the village and the custom heroes for players 1-6. Ill let u dsecide, if you would be better off soing triggers yourself, and me doing units, vice-versa, or i do units and help w/ triggers. I dont care, your move.

EDIT: as for me doing triggers, most of those on the list i wouldnt have a problem w/ most of thos triggers, except ive never done a multi mapped single scenario. I probably could figure it out, my guess is when you set the move to next map trigger(you might havw to import map i dunno), the maps triggers would appear in the trigger menu, then you would make the heroes attributes and make them into variable(s), and then set the variable(s) to the heroe in that map. Either way its still your call death.

Status
Not open for further replies.