• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DBZ The Saiyan Race 1.595

Reactions: Hubcool
3 Saiyans, 3 Humans and 1 Namakian will battle for the faith of the earth. This is a remake of my own RPG map that ive created in 2004. Featuring fast combat, custom models, anime sounds and breathtaking spells.

This is a one team - competitive - multilayer map

Heroes:
Goku
Tien
Yamcha
Krillin
Gohan
Piccolo
Vegeta

Special Abilities:
Crazy Speed: When Activated, allows your hero to move faster than the speed of light, crushing everything in his path.
KI Blast: When Activated, your hero is able to shoot multiple energy missiles, destroying everything in its path
Power Regeneration: Regenerate health and KI by mass pressing escape
Flying: Target a distant point or minimap to fly [after the saiyan saga]
Instant conversion/regeneration: type convert to convert KI points into manna

Sagas:
Raditz Saga
Saiyan Saga [Vegeta and Nappa]
Partner Training / Krillin Rampage
Ginyu Saga
Frieza Saga
Mini Tournament
Frieza's Return
Dragonball Hunt
Android Saga
Hyperbolic Time Chamber Training
Cell Saga

Bug reports are always welcome to [email protected]

All custom models and icons came from http://hiveworkshop.com/ [See credits in the Quest Menu]

Screen3_Kameha.jpg

Screen2_Fly.jpg

Screen2_CrazySpeed.jpg

Screen1_City.jpg

Updates

Coming Soon
-All sagas will become PVP,
-Secret attacks triggered by the combination of the arrow keys (exampl. Up, Down, Up, Right can trigger BigBang)
-Better Terrain
-New Items
-New Spells
-New Models

Vers. 1.595 - this is a fast update before the release of vers. 1.60.
Fixed some parts of the terrain.
Blast Rage will no longer trigger Crazy Speed counter attack.
Fixed small glitches
Tweaked some triggers

Vers. 1.59 - 3 new player vs player events (krillin's rampage, mini tournament and DB search[FFA])

Vers. 1.57 - Fixed flying goku and other minor issues, energy attack can now destroy destructibles, Crazy Speed and SS speed are triggered passively etc

Vers. 1.55 - New, bright terrain, replaced master roshi with krillin, after the saiyan saga your hero is able to fly when you target a distant point. Also fixed many glitches and bugs.

Vers. 1.51 - SS movement does damage to all units it passes, Better terrain, new spells, new transformation, improved AI, new models, more quests, even faster gamepay, new challenges, new items and more special effects.

Vers 1.4x - Small terrain fix, timer and AI slightly changed, balanced CrazySpeed. Fixed other small bugs and issues. Fixed crashes on memory overload

Keywords:
DBZ goku gohan vegeta tien trunks yamcha dragonbal the saiyan race TSR HSR history of saiyan race master roshi good map best dragonball dragon ball na
Contents

DBZ The Saiyan Race 1.595 (Map)

Reviews
17:06, 14th Nov 2009 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 17
This is my review of Dragon Ball Z: The Saiyan Race:

Pros:

-Having training partners was a nice way to keep the game's focus on team work.
-Good use of imported material. All the models and sounds seemed to work fine.
-The spells had nice effects and fit in well with the theme of each character.
-Having Vegeta switch sides part-way through was a good idea. Still, it didn't seem like he stood much of a chance against the other Z Fighters.

Cons:
-Terrain could use some work. It definitely needed more tile variation. It was also quite flat.
-Quite frequent cosmetic errors. A good amount of text was done strangely, such as a dialog randomly appearing and the altered food tooltip.
-After the Saiyan Saga, I couldn't find where to go. If this is in fact a bug, then I recommend fixing it immediately, but it was most likely my own blindness.

Rating: 2.9 (translate to 3.0) and recommended for approval.

Level 10
If you set vegeta to computer, he uses a bunch of his spells, that crush the Z fighters. Therefor, goku has to finnish his training it time as he is the only one who can match vegeta. Terrein is also changing with progress, if vegeta win, it become dark and broken, if he loses, its green as on namec.
Dialogs were done this way so the players would actually read them. Most of the players never know when they have to perform fusion or use super saiyan abilities

Level 1
i tried this twice on local game was playing single but wasnt with cheats anyway i encountered a bug when playing goku (was alone ^^) when you kill freeza the first time and then he respawns you are supposed to get SS and there is a pop up msg that says type SS to become super sayin after the message goku becomes invulnerble and cant move whatever i tried typing - power revert SS help right clicking whatever nothing worked i got this bug both times i played so you should fix it cuz it pretty much ruins the rest of the game for the goku controller

Level 28
Review:

Mode: Single Player
Hero: Goku

General

General:
  • No credits given
  • Nice custom spells
  • Lacking description (both on the hive as in-game)
  • Flat, boring terrain with some spammed doodads
  • Lumber/Gold/Food-text isn't correct
  • I don't know how to turn off "power"-mode
  • Some typo's
Gameplay:
  • Heroes are well-made
  • Jumping over cliffs is really good
  • Blocking spells is original
  • "You've been owned, sucka" - please change this...
  • Goku's Crazy Speed is a little bit imba: enemies almost can't hit you, while you damage them.
  • I had a footy called "Revive all Z Fighters" when I tried to buy it.
    Selling tomes is usually better than selling units.
  • There were no quests telling you what to do...
This is what I've found out before the game crashed.
The game crashed when:
  • I had all 7 dragonballs
  • shenron just came
  • I just beat Frieza (first form).

Overall

The game crashed, no credits are given, the terrain isn't good and the description is very poor.
On the other side, I really like the custom spells and the gameplay...

No Rating
Vote for rejection

Reason:

I didn't rate it, because I would love to see the map without crashing, a better terrain and a better description.
The rejection is because the credits aren't given and the game crashed
(more than reasonable, otherwise it would've been a low rating).

Level 7
There another person who got a crush o.o, so we need NASA computers to play it XD?
I didn't have dballs and I didn't even get to frieza, it always happened after we beat vegeta or he pwned us, I am pretty sure its the commands that make it crash (power,revert,convert)

Level 1
well i had an error 2, it was when i was fighting vegeta and i was using goku's extreme speed ability and due to the sudden movements and the mass of characters (customs also add to the error :D ) the game crashed, also when i start using the extreme speed too much it starts to lagg abit so my advice is not to overuse that thing, btw it is too strong ^^ and for the above comments i havent recieved an error when typing in a command, never, as i said the custom animations and giant fast spinning shiny things get the better of your computer

Level 10
Its probably overloading the memory. All crashes are random and different. All triggers are clean, there are no unlimited loops, memory leaks are all fixed.
I have tested the map about 30-40 times, over 20 min, and only had 2-3 crashes, randomly. So its rlly weird that the game crashes during the saiyan saga for the most testers

Level 10
dont got enough time to make explain all but!!but you should take a look on file that been load maybe 1 of this is corrupted if its not than u will probly have to redo all code until u find error *.*..... i saw that kind of crash on some game.... i had to remake all script .......

Level 9
Ok me and all in a game got a crash when typing revert, power or using super speed...
I fought Sicky, at lvl 10 with Tien lvl 7 (who is very much stronger than Piccolo in stats, the char i was) and we killed him and i typed revert and it crashed.
In solo, it crashed one time against Recoom when i typed Revert too or Power.
It also crashed an other time...
It's a nice map but those crashs are boring -_-'

And i don't understand the loading screen with fusions...

You also should add creeps in the upper side and middle of the map and not only in the "south".

What does change if we beat Vegeta or no ? (colour yes but what else ?)

PS : the error code is always the same i guess, memory couldn't fix or something like that which happen in most of games (vampirism beast...) and it's not my comp.

Level 9
Yes i think too
But it seems to works 90% of the time.

Well i didn't say what's good in this map :
It's a very nice concept (even if i didn't go so far cause of crashes) but player versus player is researched by dragon ball players.
Goku's skin is ugly but the others roxx, i really like Tien, Yamcha and Roshi.
Songs are cool (even if Makkankosappo sounds better than "special beam canon").
I hope this will be updated.

Level 1
Played 1.46 yesterday's night, the map itself is fine, but the "revert" crash still not fixed, 3/5.
(Plus, 1.46 seems official since the host was "doctor-pepper" and checked namespoof)

Level 9
Ok, all work fine.

All powerup are ok, no crashes.

But now, i can criticize :

_ the game is really too easy, we beat Cell without Goku and Vegeta and without having any troubles
_ there are bugs, Goku was stuck during a while, invulnerable and couldn't move but when new saga appeared, he was teleported and could play again. When you fight your ally, you gain a lot of xp, so we reached lvl 99 very fast (99 is the level limit)
_ Yamcha can fuse with Chiaozu, Kami, lol ? this is odd and Yamcha got more stats at the end than Tien (which is the strongest human normaly).
_ Tien fuse with Trunks ? lol ? he can just train with Chiaozu or with Kami etc...
_ The map is really empty and landscape is boring. 70% of the map got 0 creeps and nothing to do, NOTHING.
_ Very few items and creeps.
_ Few spells and all gained at start, it's boring... Add MORE spells and way to obtains them.
_ Freeza got only 1 form and transformed only one time.
_ Hyperbolic time chamber didn't work and nothing appeared after this.
_ An ending message appeared after Cyborg Sagas (the easiest one)
_ With high stats (more than 500), you can't die, it seems like though. The HP regen is tooooooo imba.
_ Crazy speed is useless at any level (in my opinion), it seems to not work.
_ Sagas should have nice spells too.
_ There are many more skins to add and even in warcraft models (archers are nice for C18 C17, they are slim and can have the right hair colour)

If you set vegeta to computer, he uses a bunch of his spells, that crush the Z fighters. Therefor, goku has to finnish his training it time as he is the only one who can match vegeta. Terrein is also changing with progress, if vegeta win, it become dark and broken, if he loses, its green as on namec.
Vegeta can be beaten with 3 heroes, Piccolo, Tien and Yamcha if they get senzu (drop on monsters)... too easy
And what is changing when vegeta wins ? nothing ?

I found good the fact Freeza take the Dragon Ball ^_^' but where are Zarbon, Dodoria and many henchmens (to make the map fuller). Also, having more clones when using powerup is nice, but they are overpowered.
I enjoyed this map but it makes me think "this have a good potential but is not finished, sure".

I hope I helped you by pointing some things i found.

Level 10
Yes, its true, i didnt work on the sagas after frieza. The triggers and units are from 2004, its not finnished, not balanced, not optimized.
Ill change the leveling requirements.
What do u mean crazy speed doesnt work!!! With crazy speed you can beat a hero that has double of your stats. It is also very powerful against illusions. Just keep teleporting, damaging all unit in the line
I will be adding more quests, more AI, android and cell models and changing terrain. However, i wont be adding new transformations, not for now atleast

Level 7
Crazy speed works just fine!

-If goku don't get owned by frieza he don't get SS and hes weak o_O
-At late game normal form got more DMG then in SS
-Why the fuck kami Got Instant Transmission?
-Goku and Kami can IT to the chamber when its vegeta's turn -_- and no one control trunks :/

Level 9
Ah crazy speed, for Tien, it worked in SH (automatically) maybe i missed for power form, sorry ^^

In my game, Goku got SS (after Cell but he didn't try it before) and didn't die on Freeza i guess. And yes, nice damage for Goku, he got like 1000 agility but 2k damage.

Level 28
There are still some issues after Cell, but you've already mentioned that, so I will only say some problems before that:

• Redo the terrain, add more trees/doodads, change some tiles
  • Change the XP-system: just add a condition that if the attacked unit is an ally of the attacker, that he doesn't gain xp.
  • Add a difficulty system, or just make the game harder.
  • Redo some character settings (Goku has a lot of damage in his normal form)
That's all I have found while playing, I really like it, but these things were really dissapointing.
I've already given you a review, no need for it this time :)

Level 10
That's all I have found while playing, I really like it, but these things were really dissapointing.
I've already given you a review, no need for it this time :)

I am working on a big update. Ive changed some models, rebuild the city, changed terrain a bit, added more quests, worked on AI. Ill release it all in version 1.5x
Would be great if you could review that version. The 1.4x is just a small preview of the Saiyan Race.

Level 28
I am working on a big update. Ive changed some models, rebuild the city, changed terrain a bit, added more quests, worked on AI. Ill release it all in version 1.5x
Would be great if you could review that version. The 1.4x is just a small preview of the Saiyan Race.

Yeah, I'll review that version.
It would be great if you've fixed all bugs and redone the terrain.
Are there any new upcoming spells/'evolutions'?

Level 1
im gonna try the game right now
but do u think its possible if u make every1 A.I compatible?

Level 1
i don't like that map. I was Master Roshi and i was strongest. I almost killed vegeta
but then he used Senzu. And what is Super Human?

Level 1
hm k
oh and btw
piccolos regeneration skill doesnt heal 100% but just 1000 hp =/

EDIT: how to get into that hyperbolic time chamber?
i was piccolo and i couldnt get in =(

Last edited:
Level 1
you can go to Time Chamber with Instant Transmission if your characther can Instant Transimission. i did it when it was Vegeta's trun. There we trained until Vegeta's time came up. Then it was Goku's turn and i teleported back there. host left when goku has his turn.

Level 1
File name is DBZ The saiyan race 2009, is it same ver? i played it before Last updated day here.

Level 28
Review

Ahh, the new version has been uploaded ^^
As I've promised, I will give a full review of the map, so here it is:

Epides said:
File name is DBZ The saiyan race 2009, is it same ver? i played it before Last updated day here.
The file-name doesn't matter, the map-name does.
I always save my maps with the same file-name, because then it automatically overwrites the previous one and I don't have over 50 versions.
It's easier to search a map that way
+ I've reviewed it and it's definitely not the same

Review:

Mode: Multiplayer
Characters: Vegeta and Gohan

General

General:
  • Lacking Credits!
  • The in-game description could be improved.
  • I like the Hyperbolic Time Chamber now, with the gravity
  • The new spell Blast Rage" is pretty good
  • There are still some typo's, like "Androinds", "Frieza, you is dead" (must be "are").
  • It seems that you have fixed the server split bug.
  • Sometimes the power-ups (power, ss) automatically revert after use (even with enough mana, but it's very rare).
  • Every icon worked, there were no missing DIBTN's.
  • Jumping over cliffs is really good

Gameplay:
  • Fighting Partners are a good idea, I like that
  • saga's were good: it followed the story, but you still had the freedom to do what you like.
  • The spells were nicely finished, no glitches, includes damage reduction, critical hit and dodge.
  • You still get xp from fighting against an ally
  • It was pretty short
  • Android 16 allied me (Vegeta), while the others were still enemies, so I could easily beat him
Terrain/Objects

Terrain:
  • Still not an appealing terrain, it was too orange/brown
  • Try to add various types of trees and a grassy area for earth
  • Avoid the tree-stacking: it's like a thick layer of trees at various places, with a path in between without a single tree

Objects:
  • Models/icons were really good, the 3Mb is certainly worth it (Anime-maps always have a bigger map-size).
  • Every unit/hero was finished with spells/stats and was balanced, but the powerups had less damage.
  • Only a few items
  • The "Saiyan's Armor"'s description is wrong.
  • Sometimes, when the previous boss isn't killed, but the new one has already spawned, the new unit fully regenerates HP when he has less than 20% HP (or something).
    Wouldn't it be easier to spawn the new unit after the previous one is killed?
  • Some skins/models could be improved (No 18, Burter for example)
Overall

This is a very good game, it has (one of the) best gameplays for a DBZ-map, but it is pretty short.
A Buu-saga would be really nice, + some more powerups/items would do.
It's pretty hard to rate, since there are a lot of good things, compared with some bad, but it has obviously improved a lot.

Add the credits, I will approve it, but you need to add them...

Rating: 3.75/5, rounded up to 4/5
Vote for approval

Edit:
You might also want to use hidden-tags for the screeny's.

Last edited:
Level 1
I really enjoy this map, reminds me of DBZ all sagas except not as time consuming.
I would rate your game but ive been having problems with ver 1.5 when i try to host it it only gives me 2 options of slots open which are gohan and piccolo. All the other slots (red, blue, teal, purple, yellow) are close and computers. I was looking forward to playing with some clan members. Is there any way to open up all slots? the slots won't change to players.
Is it just the verson?

Level 1
The file-name doesn't matter, the map-name does.
I always save my maps with the same file-name, because then it automatically overwrites the previous one and I don't have over 50 versions.
It's easier to search a map that way
+ I've reviewed it and it's definitely not the same

i got that map from Public Game, so i didn't change it