• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DBZ The Saiyan Race 1.595

Reactions: Hubcool
3 Saiyans, 3 Humans and 1 Namakian will battle for the faith of the earth. This is a remake of my own RPG map that ive created in 2004. Featuring fast combat, custom models, anime sounds and breathtaking spells.

This is a one team - competitive - multilayer map

Heroes:
Goku
Tien
Yamcha
Krillin
Gohan
Piccolo
Vegeta

Special Abilities:
Crazy Speed: When Activated, allows your hero to move faster than the speed of light, crushing everything in his path.
KI Blast: When Activated, your hero is able to shoot multiple energy missiles, destroying everything in its path
Power Regeneration: Regenerate health and KI by mass pressing escape
Flying: Target a distant point or minimap to fly [after the saiyan saga]
Instant conversion/regeneration: type convert to convert KI points into manna

Sagas:
Raditz Saga
Saiyan Saga [Vegeta and Nappa]
Partner Training / Krillin Rampage
Ginyu Saga
Frieza Saga
Mini Tournament
Frieza's Return
Dragonball Hunt
Android Saga
Hyperbolic Time Chamber Training
Cell Saga

Bug reports are always welcome to [email protected]

All custom models and icons came from http://hiveworkshop.com/ [See credits in the Quest Menu]

Screen3_Kameha.jpg

Screen2_Fly.jpg

Screen2_CrazySpeed.jpg

Screen1_City.jpg

Updates

Coming Soon
-All sagas will become PVP,
-Secret attacks triggered by the combination of the arrow keys (exampl. Up, Down, Up, Right can trigger BigBang)
-Better Terrain
-New Items
-New Spells
-New Models

Vers. 1.595 - this is a fast update before the release of vers. 1.60.
Fixed some parts of the terrain.
Blast Rage will no longer trigger Crazy Speed counter attack.
Fixed small glitches
Tweaked some triggers

Vers. 1.59 - 3 new player vs player events (krillin's rampage, mini tournament and DB search[FFA])

Vers. 1.57 - Fixed flying goku and other minor issues, energy attack can now destroy destructibles, Crazy Speed and SS speed are triggered passively etc

Vers. 1.55 - New, bright terrain, replaced master roshi with krillin, after the saiyan saga your hero is able to fly when you target a distant point. Also fixed many glitches and bugs.

Vers. 1.51 - SS movement does damage to all units it passes, Better terrain, new spells, new transformation, improved AI, new models, more quests, even faster gamepay, new challenges, new items and more special effects.

Vers 1.4x - Small terrain fix, timer and AI slightly changed, balanced CrazySpeed. Fixed other small bugs and issues. Fixed crashes on memory overload

Keywords:
DBZ goku gohan vegeta tien trunks yamcha dragonbal the saiyan race TSR HSR history of saiyan race master roshi good map best dragonball dragon ball na
Contents

DBZ The Saiyan Race 1.595 (Map)

Reviews
17:06, 14th Nov 2009 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 1
i play with goku alone in local area network.i've gone so far to the androids and kill dr.gero yhen it tells that you can use the time chamber machine then that thing doesnt goes away and im stucked there. althugh the game its very good but it needs some fixies to the ground snd the sagas

Level 1
Ahh, the new version has been uploaded ^^
As I've promised, I will give a full review of the map, so here it is:

The file-name doesn't matter, the map-name does.
I always save my maps with the same file-name, because then it automatically overwrites the previous one and I don't have over 50 versions.
It's easier to search a map that way
+ I've reviewed it and it's definitely not the same

Review:

Mode: Multiplayer
Characters: Vegeta and Gohan

General

General:
  • The in-game description could be improved.
  • I like the Hyperbolic Time Chamber now, with the gravity
  • The new spell Blast Rage" is pretty good
  • There are still some typo's, like "Androinds", "Frieza, you is dead" (must be "are").
  • It seems that you have fixed the server split bug.
  • Sometimes the power-ups (power, ss) automatically revert after use (even with enough mana, but it's very rare).
  • Every icon worked, there were no missing DIBTN's.
  • Jumping over cliffs is really good

Gameplay:
  • Fighting Partners are a good idea, I like that
  • saga's were good: it followed the story, but you still had the freedom to do what you like.
  • The spells were nicely finished, no glitches, includes damage reduction, critical hit and dodge.
  • You still get xp from fighting against an ally
  • It was pretty short
  • Android 16 allied me (Vegeta), while the others were still enemies, so I could easily beat him
Terrain/Objects

Terrain:
  • Still not an appealing terrain, it was too orange/brown
  • Try to add various types of trees and a grassy area for earth
  • Avoid the tree-stacking: it's like a thick layer of trees at various places, with a path in between without a single tree

Objects:
  • Models/icons were really good, the 3Mb is certainly worth it (Anime-maps always have a bigger map-size).
  • Every unit/hero was finished with spells/stats and was balanced, but the powerups had less damage.
  • Only a few items
  • The "Saiyan's Armor"'s description is wrong.
  • Sometimes, when the previous boss isn't killed, but the new one has already spawned, the new unit fully regenerates HP when he has less than 20% HP (or something).
    Wouldn't it be easier to spawn the new unit after the previous one is killed?
  • Some skins/models could be improved (No 18, Burter for example)
Overall

This is a very good game, it has (one of the) best gameplays for a DBZ-map, but it is pretty short.
A Buu-saga would be really nice, + some more powerups/items would do.
It's pretty hard to rate, since there are a lot of good things, compared with some bad, but it has obviously improved a lot.

Rating: 3.75/5, rounded up to 4/5
Vote for approval

help
i play with goku alone in local area network.i've gone so far to the androids and kill dr.gero yhen it tells that you can use the time chamber machine then that thing doesnt goes away and im stucked there. althugh the game its very good but it needs some fixies to the ground snd the sagas

Level 1
dr.peper
i have a problem with save/load game i have save the game suckesfully and when i tried to load it it couldnt open

Level 1
help
problem with save/load game i have saved the game sucsesfull but when i loaded it throw me out from wc

Level 3
mine wrote you Z suckers cant do anything right is that part of the game or a bug o.o please answer and I was using vegeta

Level 17
This is my re-review of DBZ The Saiyan Race 1.56 requested by the author. Many of the problems I had in this version have now been fixed. It's better than most DBZ maps, but has a small lack of original concepts (although it's not as generic as most DBZ maps). I've raised my rating to 3.2, and re-recommended for approval.

Level 5
The map is nice COMPARED to the other DBZ maps I know, on itself it's a little too flat and the main reason it kinda stands up is because of the combination of some nice custom models and triggers. The story itsels kind of goes trough too fast and the game has quiet some flaws like that point where you have to invite your friends to come to the battleground. How to do that in singleplayer mode? if you can't, then the game is more or less stuck in singleplayer at that point.. if it's fully MUI than forget that i've said this.

Apart from that I think there are ofcourse some joys in the game, I really love the supersaiyan models, finally someone made the hair of the saiyans like it should be..

but all in all I think you could have made a better map if you kind of put on paper what you actually want to put in this game and work on every aspect and approach it trough the head of the player instead of the maker of the map.

I give you a 3/5 as a map on itself, but I got the feeling you could get so much more out of this map if the regions and everything was more logically parted.

Level 10
Yeah, i hear improve, but i dont see any specific requests. Tell me what to add, or what to change? How to make regions more logically parted? What original concepts are you talking about?

P.S. The 1st tournament battle did include fighting with computer AI. (and this map was never intended for the single player)

Level 9
Many players like "player versus player" modes. Find a way to add it (last vers i played was 1.475 ).
Add some hiddens things, make all landscape empty with DIFFERENT creeps and things to do, make Sagas much STRONGER...
I was wondering if Vegeta kills all Z, it can totally change the map, but i didn't think of too much lol

Add more than one active spell (kamehameha, garlic gun...)

Level 1
Hey Doctor-Pepper, the map is awesome, but i just tried the 1.57, and a little after we killed vegeta and timer for frieza saga came, me (Gohan), Goku and Vegeta got teleported to middle of the map, and couldnt move or get out. We thought we just had to wait for the Frieza Saga to start, but when it started, we still couldnt move!

Level 2
I have four recomendations. Hell, i could add these things in 1/2 a sec.

1. Spelling errors.

2. remove defeat condition from beating cell.

3. Fusing with random characters just doesn't make sense. an easy fix would be to say: (Gohan is the example here)

Instead of: Yajirobe wants to fuse with you

Do this: Yajirobe would like to give you something special.

The game's broken english is NOT good for new players. NO ONE understands what crazy speed is, NO ONE knows that pressing escape rejuvinates your mana and health, and NO ONE knows that saying power puts you into another form, it's NEVER explained. the easiest, and best thing you can do is tell people through announcements, instead of through quest dialog.... which is limited to a few words.

Level 2
its explained by the ability tooltip and when you type help. If you are not willing to know what it does, there is nothing i can do as a mapmaker

I have no problem with the tooltips. I'm saying when the dialog "New powerup unlocked" comes up, there is absolutely no explanation. it's just a random statement that's incomprehensible unless you spend the time looking in tooltip, which new players often don't want to do.

New players usually end up Crying that their character is so bad, because their not their favorite character, and not enough timing looking at the broken english of the quests menu. I Love this battle system, but it's a waste if you can't use it. I'll tell new players to press esc to heal mana and hp, and they don't until they get their asses kicked by radditz.

This isn't your fault by any means, but it's something, as I've said before, would benefit the game.

Also, remove the game win-condition, let players keep playing if they want.

This stuff isn't hard to do, if you want me to fix the grammar/vocab, win-condition and the story incompatabilities I will, in a heartbeat.:hohum:

Level 2
Yes, please, fix the grammar. Send the map to [email protected]
I dont agree on the winning conditions though. Open ended maps are even more frustrating!

The no win condition is more about fairness. Your power is dependent on who you are. While Goku gets his power-ups quickly, it could be the android saga before the others catch up to him. (this makes tournaments an easy win for Goku, if Goku isn't a noob in the game.) (It basically de-balances the whole PVP-type aspect that you have going on here).

And yes, I sent you a map with some spelling fixes, though i doubt there all gone.

Level 5
I may have found a bug, I was able to use esc in-battle and still recharge when it normally says cooldown. I was playing as gohan against cell when this happened. Other then that it was a very nice map. 4/5

I was also able to use crazy speed while using esc, which allowed me to crush the bosses fairly easily.

Level 2
this looks alot like the DBZ game i first played when i started wc3 (before wow ever came) It rocked! sure it had bugs, but every map did then. Thank you for reviving it, bugs or no bugs.

Level 5
For some reason in the Free-For-All thing (find all 7 dragonballs) after collect all of them, it says Frieza has collected all 7. Also, sometimes, Dr. Gero doesn't come out for Android saga.

Level 1
hey dr-pepper, great map this is easily one of the best out right now... flying system, crazy speed, super sayian skins! (ive been looking for a map with SS Skins for the longest).. but there are somethings i hope you can add in the next version, such as:

1.More Sagas, i thought it was a glitch how it ended at cell saga, i thought u had to follow the story or something.. so please add more sagas, dodoria and zarbon, Turles, Cooler buu saga, omega shenron, etc..

2.Trunks we see trunks in a cutscene, but he isnt a playable character??? he should be able to replace one of the weaker Z characters like yamcha, krillin, or tien..

3.Freizas final skin, no freiza final skin? hope you can add that in the next version.

4.SS2, and Super (vegeta, trunks) goku should have ss2 by the time androids come, and vegeta and trunks should have Super (its the middle form between ss1 and ss2) and he doesnt... please add that..

5.No shenron after the first time: i got all 7 dballs after we summoned shenron for the first time, and shenron doesnt show up again or nothing.. please fix that

other then that though, map is awesome, keep us updated!

Level 1
I love all Dr.Pepper maps i played Once in the city of drugs alot and i'm looking forward to a newer version of this thx alot.

Level 12
The game is way too short. And crazy speed kinda make everything rigged: you can't hit with kamehameha and stuff... you must add a penalty or something, or fix something.
Add more sagas please, and make the game way longer! Alas from that, it is great.

Level 12
And now, to a omg-holy-cow-what-a-enormous-review just like i did to DBZ Tribute Elite! >:D

Goku- Main Char. A bit too op for the main char, but since others can fuse with other ppl, i think it balances. Nice thing about he and pic killing raditz at beggining, and then, coming right into the time vegeta is invading and save everyone. Or something like that. Good guy.

Vegeta- Almost as good as Goku. Make him have Super Vegeta would be nice. It is awesome to invade earth xD

Gohan- AWESOME. SS2!! DIE DIE DIE CELL XD. Though it ends after cell Ç_Ç

Krillin- He's good, but... wtf? Krillin Rage? lol, be more creative on this.

Yamcha/Tien- They had a lot of importance on Dragon Ball, and a bit less on first saga, but after that, them turn into dust. Trunks want to fuse with Krillin! or something, i don't remember now...

General-the game is balanced, but WAY TOO SHORT. Also, crazy speed is...too crazy. I have an awesome idea instead for crazy speed. Have you ever saw when you use any illusion spell? you disapear for a moment, allowing you to dodge things. It is an idea, like... Afterimage! You could replace with afterimage. Or a skill that :1st blink, then invisible for 5 seconds shud be ok, and some extra damage for attacking at that period, like having a enormous speed! You can dodge most powers like that...Maybe add Spirit Bomb to Goku? And... make some channelling spells? So people can actually have time to dodge it. Like.. with kamehameha, i don't know, 1/2 secs channeling? A floating text says: Ka...me...ha...me...HAAAA
or something. And... 1 second: fast, but way too fast for poor dodger maybe? But you gotta be skilled to dodge, so it is a good idea. And depends on the moves of each one. And i imagine if it is possible to make a kamehameha clash *-*. Nah, i'm asking too much. A good idea could be more add more evil guys like Vegeta, that don't turn against Z-Fighters? Though that would ruin the main system of the game... huum... Ah yes, i can't summon shenron when i get Dragon Balls other than the period of the dragon ball hunt
if i get in the frieza saga, i can't use. When i got every ball on android saga, i couldn't use! fix this. And works more on terrain...Also, be more creative and use other ways to make guys more powerful not like (Trunks wants to fuse with Yamcha!) or something like that. Power, esc, and firing bursts are awesome ideas. Maybe if you contact a map-maker clan, or a author of a sucessful DBZ game, he could help you managing those things. Or you can do it yourself, i don't know, you decide. Well, here you go. Reading this is the key to sucess!

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When a game is good... is ok. But when you play a game, and it have a matching soundtrack, boy, it is amazing. I could play some games just to hear the music. Like To The Bitter End maps, Phase Killer, etc... Which means: If you can find a good DBZ music (could be a opening or something. I suggest Super Survivor, intro of DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3, or maybe the ) It would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! If you research for DBZ Soundtrack on wikipedia, it lists all musics DBZ used on all time... then just look somewhere, like 4shared.com or something.

EDIT: Put more models, try changing tien and yamcha to more important characters, and maybe re-work power level thing

REEDIT: you maybe could also make crazy speed leaches a LOT of mana, so it just stay for some secs, to dodge a kamehameha or something, or to give a boost to attack.

Last edited:
Level 2
Ive played through 1.59 a few times without any problems so i say its a pretty good map. only thing i would request is after you beat cell instead of just ending the game for everyone is making it open and re-activating the battle arena and training arena for people to play with. that way people could play around free mode if they choose.

Level 1
Wowzers

This has a fantastic concept..but it definitely could use some more time in the oven. But I gotta say this is one I have actually managed to have fun with in a horde of DBZ custom maps for this game. The real question that I've always wondered is who would be the first to have a SS4 skin though...I know this mod isn't near that point yet but that would be awesome. This map definitely maintains the spirit of DBZ combat quite well.