• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] 10 Hero Siege - Minas Tirith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Back in the day, 10 Hero Sieges in the LOTR universe were everywhere. I've found my favourite version and I'm looking to sort of, update it. I remember it being pretty broken, unbalanced, and fairly easy. That said I really enjoyed playing the map over and over as a kid. Recently, over the past week or so I've been editing it just for fun or whatever. I've overhauled every character on the bottom half of the select screen, except for the Hobbits. Gimli is also partially done. I'm looking mostly to make the game more difficult, add deeper gameplay, and most importantly make it fun. I know my trigger work is sloppy, and I think the skills could use some pricing and power adjustments, so let me know what you think! It's my first real map though, so keep that in mind!

If anyone would like to take a look, help me out, give me some pointers, or just try out the map, here it is!

Attachments

• Minas Tirith Hero SiegeBetaWIP.w3x
    194.2 KB · Views: 242

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Back in the day, 10 Hero Sieges in the LOTR universe were everywhere.
They were? Back in the early days of TFT I remember them mostly being 10 hero sieges in the Warcraft Universe eg "10 Hero Siege Northerend" which was by far the most popular. They were mostly named after tile sets and since they were an open map they suffered the LoaP problem of being more for mess around than actual well played games.

Level 2
They were? Back in the early days of TFT I remember them mostly being 10 hero sieges in the Warcraft Universe eg "10 Hero Siege Northerend" which was by far the most popular. They were mostly named after tile sets and since they were an open map they suffered the LoaP problem of being more for mess around than actual well played games.

I seem to remember them being quite populous. I must have had at least ten or so different assorted LOTR Hero Siege maps. Might just be confirmation bias y'know? Like I was looking for them so I found them all the time. I'll give you that though, they were more often than not just a mess.

Level 9
This game looks ugly, you should improove the terraine to make it looks beautiful... changing the models for nazgul etc... will help.
If you will continuing the work on this map and change, improove all the heroes (given them lotr style abilities) maybe i will ofer you my help as terrainer, because I love LOTR .
For me if the maps visual part is bad i dont play it ... for now the map is realy bad and i dont want to spend my time defending nude walls ..... i like to defend the real city .... ok ?

Level 2
This game looks ugly, you should improove the terraine to make it looks beautiful... changing the models for nazgul etc... will help.
If you will continuing the work on this map and change, improove all the heroes (given them lotr style abilities) maybe i will ofer you my help as terrainer, because I love LOTR .
For me if the maps visual part is bad i dont play it ... for now the map is realy bad and i dont want to spend my time defending nude walls ..... i like to defend the real city .... ok ?

Hey man, thanks for taking a look at my map!

I make daily progress with this map, and I definitely think that I'll be finishing the map. If you're serious about your offer, I'd love any help I can get. I'm not exactly skilled at mapmaking, but terraining is by far my worst skill. I can't make a good looking map to save my life. That's why I used this map, this is a mod of a map made by "Ithryn Luin". Don't know that they made much else, or if they still play. I'll PM you to follow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.