• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(1) Arcadia - RaF v1.00c

archeader001hm.jpg

arcstory001.jpg

arctext001.jpg

arcmainfeatures001.jpg

arcpictures001.jpg

76001d1266779797-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_001.jpg

76002d1266779797-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_002.jpg

76003d1266779797-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_003.jpg

76004d1266779797-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_004.jpg

76005d1266779797-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_005.jpg

76006d1266779851-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_006.jpg

76007d1266779851-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_007.jpg

76008d1266779851-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_008.jpg

76009d1266779851-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_009.jpg

76010d1266779851-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_010.jpg

76011d1266779895-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_011.jpg

76012d1266779895-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_012.jpg

76013d1266779895-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_013.jpg

76014d1266779895-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_014.jpg

76015d1266779895-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_015.jpg

76016d1266779957-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_016.jpg

76017d1266779957-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_017.jpg

76018d1266779957-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_018.jpg

76019d1266779957-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_019.jpg

76020d1266779957-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_020.jpg

76021d1266780023-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_021.jpg

76022d1266780023-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_022.jpg
76023d1266780023-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_023.jpg

76024d1266780023-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_024.jpg

76025d1266780023-showcase-de-factos-terrain-screenshots-arf_025.jpg

[Clan NgO/FEG] De.Facto | Art Director | Technical Director | Story Scripter / Event Artist |

Keywords:
Arcadia, Rise, Fall, Arcadia - Rise and Fall, Adventure, Utopian, Utopia, Epic, Poetry, Epic Poetry, Free, Spirit, Free Spirit, Cure, Meta, Meta-Level
Contents

(1) Arcadia - RaF v1.00c (Map)

Reviews
20:05, 12th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved Update: Date: 2011/Sep/30 21:32:19 Vengeancekael: VM // PM: Status: Approved Rating: 5/5 Highly Recommended Rep Received: 5Reasons: Other: If you have any complaints or questions directed towards a...
Level 7
Thanks for the help...

First off, I dunno if you remember me, but hi!

Second, try v1.24e.

Hey recently saw this map got re-moderated and I don't know how it is even approved.

GhostThruster... Thank-you for your suggestion, the only person who has given me a valid suggestion. Although it is not valid to be honest, as I have version 1.26.0.6401 or 1.26a and I can't be bothered to downgrade as that is alot harder than it sounds. Also without the latest version of Warcraft I can not play battle net which would suck. However thank-you for the idea, but hence I can not try it. (I did try 1.20e at one stage which didn't work either, I could try 1.20e as I have two versions installed one for the old maps before the 8mb limit came in and the latest)

However Vengeancekael I would like to know what version of Warcraft you used to moderate/review this map, it would be appreciative.

I have waited months to play this, yes in fact I have waited from the 8/16/2011 meaning that I have waited almost a whole 3 months without a proper solution, to be honest I would think that is pretty poor on the creators behalf (I played preview/demo's of this map when it first came out and it was brilliant. I would however have liked to played the full version... well what is close to the full version.) However, if the creator De.Facto doesn't care about his fans/players of his map/his map enough to give a valid reason or to have the decency to give a valid reason as to why I and possibly many others can't play this map then you have just lost many loyal people who were looking forward to playing your map.

As many know I was well known here for my reviews back a few years ago and I probably even reviewed this at one stage or another; here is my review:

Gameplay:
0/5 For Customer support (Ask for help don't get any)
0/5 For Compatibility with the Latest Version of Warcraft (Possibly not working with version 1.26a)
1/5 For Load Time (Loads half of the loading bar on the loading screen then freezes Warcraft)
0/5 For technical errors and keeping the map updated (By technical errors I mean freezing Warcraft during the loading process and by keeping the map updated I mean making it compatible with 1.26a)

Details (Hiveworkshop upload):
3/5 For description/details of map (Could have more text explaining background of map/how to play/controls/objects/players/monsters/sounds etc... the list goes on, as Youtube can use alot of bandwidth and some people don't or are not allowed to use it, there should be an option for those who can't or don't aka more text). Another improvement for the description/details is that it doesn't state what computer specs or Warcraft version is needed to play this map, meaning people will happily download only to find out they have wasted a rather large [To some people] amount of data on something that isn't going to work, like I did.
4/5 For the map preview image (Could be improved via having the version name and the name of the map actually on the image as well)

Therefore as these are the only factors I can rate your map's game-play on. it gets an average of 0/5 peons and your details of the map get an average of 3.5/5 peons. Meaning as your map looks appealing at first sight via the details and preview image, it is not playable. Therefore, the overall rating of the map gets the lowest of all peons ever given out by me (aka 0) because there is no point having a good looking map on Hiveworkshop and you go to download it and find out it isn't playable on 1.26a (possibly other reasons). Most maps even if shit can get a 1, but hey face it the map doesn't work and freezes Warcraft...

Also, I would like to have confirmation as no-one has told me yet; Does this map actually in fact work with Warcraft version 1.26.0.6401/1.26a on Windows 7 x64 (Shouldn't matter about the operating system to be honest)?

If it doesn't work with or you can't make the map compatible for the latest version why have the map at all? (Most people who play Warcraft would have 1.26a for Bnet reasons...)

Thank-you again for your suggestion GhostThruster it was well appreciated, even though I did not try it (Due to reasons explained above) and it would be much appreciated Vengeancekael if you could chuck a response back to me :)

Quite annoyed that I stated a problem and hardly got any feedback from the creator/owner of the map as to how I could play this map and I am surprised to this day on how on earth it is approved due to it not working with the latest version of Warcraft,
Lag Reviews :thumbs_down:

PS: I know this post is all over the place, messy and texty but hey why should I make it look good, when even the map creator/owner doesn't even care about their loyal fans?

Last edited:
Level 10
Hey recently saw this map got re-moderated and I don't know how it is even approved.

GhostThruster... Thank-you for your suggestion, the only person who has given me a valid suggestion. Although it is not valid to be honest, as I have version 1.26.0.6401 or 1.26a and I can't be bothered to downgrade as that is alot harder than it sounds. Also without the latest version of Warcraft I can not play battle net which would suck. However thank-you for the idea, but hence I can not try it. (I did try 1.20e at one stage which didn't work either, I could try 1.20e as I have two versions installed one for the old maps before the 8mb limit came in and the latest)

However Vengeancekael I would like to know what version of Warcraft you used to moderate/review this map, it would be appreciative.

I have waited months to play this, yes in fact I have waited from the 8/16/2011 meaning that I have waited almost a whole 3 months without a proper solution, to be honest I would think that is pretty poor on the creators behalf (I played preview/demo's of this map when it first came out and it was brilliant. I would however have liked to played the full version... well what is close to the full version.) However, if the creator De.Facto doesn't care about his fans/players of his map/his map enough to give a valid reason or to have the decency to give a valid reason as to why I and possibly many others can't play this map then you have just lost many loyal people who were looking forward to playing your map.

As many know I was well known here for my reviews back a few years ago and I probably even reviewed this at one stage or another; here is my review:

Gameplay:
0/5 For Compatibility with the Latest Version of Warcraft (Possibly not working with version 1.26a)
1/5 For Load Time (Loads half of the loading bar on the loading screen then freezes Warcraft)
0/5 For technical errors and keeping the map updated (By technical errors I mean freezing Warcraft during the loading process and by keeping the map updated I mean making it compatible with 1.26a)

Details (Hiveworkshop upload):
3/5 For description/details of map (Could have more text explaining background of map/how to play/controls/objects/players/monsters/sounds etc... the list goes on, as Youtube can use alot of bandwidth and some people don't or are not allowed to use it, there should be an option for those who can't or don't aka more text). Another improvement for the description/details is that it doesn't state what computer specs or Warcraft version is needed to play this map, meaning people will happily download only to find out they have wasted a rather large [To some people] amount of data on something that isn't going to work, like I did.
4/5 For the map preview image (Could be improved via having the version name and the name of the map actually on the image as well)

Therefore as these are the only factors I can rate your map's game-play on. it gets an average of 0/5 peons and your details of the map get an average of 3.5/5 peons. Meaning as your map looks appealing at first sight via the details and preview image, it is not playable. Therefore, the overall rating of the map gets the lowest of all peons ever given out by me (aka 0) because there is no point having a good looking map on Hiveworkshop and you go to download it and find out it isn't playable on 1.26a (possibly other reasons). Most maps even if shit can get a 1, but hey face it the map doesn't work and freezes Warcraft...

Also, I would like to have confirmation as no-one has told me yet; Does this map actually in fact work with Warcraft version 1.26.0.6401/1.26a on Windows 7 x64 (Shouldn't matter about the operating system to be honest)?

If it doesn't work with or you can't make the map compatible for the latest version why have the map at all? (Most people who play Warcraft would have 1.26a for Bnet reasons...)

Thank-you again for your suggestion GhostThruster it was well appreciated, even though I did not try it (Due to reasons explained above) and it would be much appreciated Vengeancekael if you could chuck a response back to me :)

Quite annoyed that I stated a problem and hardly got any feedback from the creator/owner of the map as to how I could play this map and I am surprised to this day on how on earth it is approved due to it not working with the latest version of Warcraft,
Lag Reviews :thumbs_down:

PS: I know this post is all over the place, messy and texty but hey why should I make it look good, when even the map creator/owner doesn't even care about their loyal fans?

Hi, I have just bought Elder Scroll V Skyrim.
Uh no, I can't play it; the loading time is very long and it's f*cking laggy on my computer!
Bah, suck it Skyrim, I give you 0/5

By the way, these things:

are not gameplay, kay?

And you should be reviewing the map, not the mapmaker, I suppose.

(Well, for the gameplay itself I only give 3/5 though, since it is not very interactive, could be better)

Last edited:
@Lag_Reviewer, I did play an early version of this when it was submitted as a contest entry and for the re-moderation, I downloaded the newest version and my warcraft 3's version is up to date. I'm also using win7 x64, however that shouldn't cause any problems.
He may have updated the map recently after my re-moderation which may be causing it to crash.

And yes KingB00ker is right, the points you noted are definitely not gameplay related.

However:

And you should be reviewing the map, not the mapmaker, I suppose.
If you had read Lag_reviewer's post, you would know that he can't actually play it due to technical issues.

Also do explain what Skyrim has to do with anything whatsoever.

Level 7
@Lag_Reviewer, I did play an early version of this when it was submitted as a contest entry and for the re-moderation, I downloaded the newest version and my warcraft 3's version is up to date. I'm also using win7 x64, however that shouldn't cause any problems.
He may have updated the map recently after my re-moderation which may be causing it to crash.

And yes KingB00ker is right, the points you noted are definitely not gameplay related.

However:

If you had read Lag_reviewer's post, you would know that he can't actually play it due to technical issues.

Thanks for the reply much appreciated :D Yeah I still don't know why it doesn't work for me 1.26a Windows 7 x64 and yeah I've tried 3 months worth of versions from the 8/16/2011 until I re-downloaded it today. None Worked no idea why and no-one has been able to help either.

I'm sorry I might have sounded angry/mean in my last post, but dude I'm soo keen to play this map and knowing it crashes my Warcraft just upsets me lol.

But yes as I should be reviewing the game... Well I would review the game but as I can not play I can not review it.

Thank-you Vengeancekael and sorry to the map creator about my last post but all in all my last post was posted cuz I really really want to play this map :D
-Lag Reviews

Level 10

However:

Basically the Skyrim comment was to criticize Lag_reviewer's comment (how the gameplay point sucks hard because the map is not playable). Of course it was made on assumption that the trouble is on his comp. I see, my bad, I thought everybody else could play the map.

Level 11
W7 Pro/32-Bit and WarCraft 3 v1.26.0.6401. Everything worked properly and fine.

If you get it running on an other machine - one thing: please turn of the music-channel because
the soundtrack is running on the soundeffect-channel (atm the wc3 music is still annoying).
I didn't fix that, but I will. (;

Level 7
W7 Pro/32-Bit and WarCraft 3 v1.26.0.6401. Everything worked properly and fine.

If you get it running on an other machine - one thing: please turn of the music-channel because
the soundtrack is running on the soundeffect-channel (atm the wc3 music is still annoying).
I didn't fix that, but I will. (;

Thank-you for the reply, much appreciated and it must be something to do with my end. Sorry I took it out on you. Just that I'm soo keen to play this and that it had almost been 3months without a reply.

Thank-you again and I will try another machine when I go to my friends next and see if it works.

Than-you again,
Lag_Reviews :)

Level 1
War 3 v 1.26a with Arcadia Rise and Fall Does'nt work?

I would like to know if the game ARF don't work on 1.26a or just can't do it on Win XP

The thing is that when i got the map, it size's is almost 70mb and with the 1.26a version maps can only have a max size of 8mb.

Someone can play this map or is just me ?

Level 1
After playing the part 1 i'm very impressed all the model. the codes, the system very well done if not exceptionally.
The camera is like a fly, sometimes it buthers u and sometimes don't.
For me the interaction with the keyboard keys are allright and the info to do the part of the warehouse is nice.

I found that if u click "interact" in the place where a couple of mans told u that they were inspecting the map to know the infrastructure keeps saying the same thing in the end but without de couple of mans, maybe a bug ?
Really Nice map, little short, but nice :) 4/5

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
3.5/5 for the effort but seriously too short to be convincing.

-when did Diego get there at that door if he was in the bus? I selected him; yep, there are two Diegos
-Miller's breaking the fourth wall
-where was Joey after getting out of the building?

Last edited: