• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Need Info] 1 Actor for More Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
This is not really an issue, it's just a wonder.

Is it possible to have an actor attached to more than one unit?

I tried myself to create additional Unit Tokens for an actor, but it didn't seem to become attached to more than one.

EDIT: Do you have to establish all the right events in the actor for the specific additional unit?

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Each unit should have a unique actor otherwise it may mess up in the UI (which unit to show? which unit does the actor refresh its location from?). That said you can attach a single actor to multiple unit actors at the same time. Best example of this is the Archon and Void Ray beam attack which is attached to the attacker and attacked units.

Level 8
Ah I see! It's always nice to be presented some examples in the game where you can see these things.
The initial reason I wanted to ask about this is because I noticed that you can end up with a lot of actors even if you're using the same model. So it's nice to know where and how you can use your Data more efficiently. Thanks to the both of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.