• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.24 Conversion Problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I can't figure this out for the life of me. JassCraft helps a lot, but pjass and jassnewgen aren't helping. I've followed the tutorials, and I just ended messing everything up to the point the map won't open anymore lol...

Can anyone tell me what the problem is with this and/or help me out with fixing it?

Attachments

• SKuLL09'sColosseum[0[1].3.3][x].w3m
    2.1 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Level 19
Hmm... Have you tried checking for any erm, syntax errors etc?
Maybe testing it on the older versions and comparing it with the later ones could help too:)
I'm not that much of an expert though, so that's all I can do, sorry.
Don't worry, someone will help you soon!

Level 5
Hmm... Have you tried checking for any erm, syntax errors etc?
Maybe testing it on the older versions and comparing it with the later ones could help too:)
I'm not that much of an expert though, so that's all I can do, sorry.
Don't worry, someone will help you soon!

The two versions I have are nearly the same, the the newer version (the one posted) has 5279ish syntax and invalid/missing name functions. And an assload of missing unit data

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The map uses atleast the Handle Var system. This is no longer compatible with the new versions of WC3 and as such all systems using the handle var system will have to be maintained. Fixes are not 1:1 eithor, as some mechanics just is not supported directly anymore and so will need whole new subsystems designed to immitate support.

An example is converting an integer to a weather effect. That sort of opperation is no longer supported and neithor is saving it to a hashtable meaning that a separate system mapping the weather effect to an integer and then storing that integer is required to recreate the same functionality. Ofcourse other alternatives might exist to fixing the problem based on the implimentation but in all cases it would require quite a bit of code alteration.

The worst example so far was with a linked list system using locations and abusing bitwise converting a integer to a float. Although for the most part a large rewrite to use arrays worked great, it was impossible for me (with the resources allocated to the project) to find a solution to all adapt all the code. Although it mostly worked there was a persistant bug which was known but unfixable with out a major change or complex bitwise float algorthim (not easilly done).

You will probably be forced to scrap some systems and subsystems unless you know programming prety well. It is also probably easier as a lot of old systems have working modern counterparts that are sometimes even better.

I am more concerned by the fact the map is missing a lot of object types. Unless you solve the missing data that map will never be playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.