• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Converting 1.23 Map To Playable In 1.24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Attached is a open source map that's only playable in 1.23, can anyone help me convert it to playable in 1.24 and let it remain as open source?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Dr Super Good helped out already. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Level 2
NOTD Aftermath 1.5c is the latest version by the original creator, Azazel_.

NOTD Aftermath 1.5d Beta 8 you mentioned is The Only Ace edition since the original maker suddenly went missing, he has make changes to the original map which I think is not pretty nice to do so just because original creator went missing and hope to support it by playing the 'original' edition.

Level 2
He ask me to just go for 1.5d. =/

And recently after the new official forum update, I didn't see him anymore.

Level 1
Yes version 1.5d is the only playable now. I like to play it, although I get lot's of fatal errors, and all players tell me they got fatal error too. It's like 30-40% chance to get fatal error with Notd AM 1.5d beta8 with no reason! I'm playing with TFT 1.26. Do you get fatal errors so frequently as well? Or is there a solution? I really like this map, it would be great to play again.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Sorry but I forgot to post that I fixed up a version of 1.5c to be playable with the lattest patches. The port was not totally sucessful with saving not working (but loading does) due to a binary conversion between float and int being abused to mangle an integer (could be solved but would take a lot of time).

The semi-working map was given to Topic Creator.

I advise he uses a more modern save/load system as the existing one was not too good. A load old could easilly be implimented.

Level 2
Yes, this map has near zero chance of facing fatals, but there's some other minor bugs that pop up after converting to playable in 1.24e, not sure what happened, but due to lack of knowledge in JASS, I using GUI to make similar effects of what original is, one of the example is Varanus no longer suicide after taking hits, would try to finish it soon. =X

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I using GUI to make similar effects of what original is
Please do not ruin the map, rather find someone with JASS knowledge to fix the problem than resort to GUI. You can not even remove the defective system if you do not know JASS as the map has all its systems mixed up (I doubt the maker did any software engineering course).

I changed a substantial amount of code and a lot of it was not very good code in the first place (poor cohesion). I do agree though that a lot of the systems need to be rewritten due to poor design but GUI is not an option as even in their current state they would still be better than GUI.

Fixing a bug could be something as simple as a single error that may have been introduced when I was fixing the code.

Status
Not open for further replies.