• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.2 version coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Great news for you Gaias addicts out there ... although no one offered help to create new content, I am still going to revamp the general game style a little in the next weeks.

These are the things that are going to change with 1.2 version of Gaias:

- Several major bugfixes (fixed Gaspode abuse)
- Players fighting each other will be rendered incombat (thus, not allowed to restealth or rest anymore) for 10 seconds when taking damage
- Total revamp of the inventory system: Switching to a fullscreen inventory, which comes with several advantages, such as more place to store items, being able to bring different types of potions and possibly the opportunity to wear both gloves and rings
- This will also come with a total removal of the "classical" WC3 items, as now, you will have to "loot" unit's corpses kinda like in ordinary MMORPG where items will only be shown as part of a loot dialog, where you can select "need" or "greed" on greens, blues and reds - white items and materials can be looted directly
- Revamp of the party system: You will now see hero frames of other players close to your hero at the hero quickbar
- Possibly one additional spell for every advanced class (though this might be not in the initial 1.2 release)

However, such drastic changes to the inventory system will come with a code wipe, naturally. But I totally think its worth it. It will make item handling much easier for me, as I can finally get rid of the damn object data and can totally create items via script code. Man this will be such an awesome relief. As another awesome side effect, this will heavily reduce the filesize of Gaias Retaliation, as I do not need disabled icons anymore.

For now, I can not tell how long this update will take ... I never worked with Fullscreen systems before. I just hope it works as I want it to.

Last edited:

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
A small sneak on a very early WIP layout of the upcoming character paper doll.
The icons are just placeholders for now. I will also add a background image later.

Attachments

• Fullscreen.jpg
    Fullscreen.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 1,160

Non

Non

Level 2
I love gaias because of absence freezed and bugged full-screen menus and other "cool stuff". Also i liked starcraft 2 maps (Legends OpenRPG, Quests ORPG - same systems, but different design).

I think if people wants all these nice implemented stuff, inventories, lot's of stats and skills – why they shouldn't try to play RPG-game instead of warcraft 3 map with all that tries to make hard fight systems, cameras, etc. ?

Warcraft and starcraft simple rpg maps have some charm. I mean map without all these menues and inventories can still be interesting.. I don't know why.
I heard about TKoK. And i think, it has a LOT of unwanted extra things, so if i wanted to play something complicated like TKoK - i really should to play RPG games..
For now i wait new version of gaias, because of terrain and atmosphere.. no one map beat this.. Sad but your map now runs slow (i don't know why), that's bad for me, because i really liked it
Now i playing GoH 1.10 (because of no slowness, no "cool stuff" and etc.)
I would be so happy if you will don't go in TKoK's way..

What i like in warcraft (and starcraft too) engine, it's a possibility to combine strategy (town-building as example) and RPG..

But ~95% of people wants menus, or they don't know what they want. So probably you will do it..

Sorry for my poor english, thanks for reading.

Level 10
I was so excited to read this zwiebel, keep up the great work! ^_^

EDIT: What items will save with this 'new inventory system'? Will all items save in it, or just certain ones? It will require more item databases I'd assume as you will be able to hold more items, so wont that require more slots that need to be saved? unless you do what TKOK did with their full screen inventory and made it so only equipped gear saves. I however dislike the fact that they did that because it doesn't allow alt gears or collectibles.

TpM

TpM

Level 3
Great news...... Good luck with your work. Sad. theres gonna be another code wipe again....

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I was so excited to read this zwiebel, keep up the great work! ^_^

EDIT: What items will save with this 'new inventory system'? Will all items save in it, or just certain ones? It will require more item databases I'd assume as you will be able to hold more items, so wont that require more slots that need to be saved? unless you do what TKOK did with their full screen inventory and made it so only equipped gear saves. I however dislike the fact that they did that because it doesn't allow alt gears or collectibles.
All items will save. If you compare it to the current version of Gaias and what it saves (5 equip items + 'additional' slots, 6 bag slots and 6 materialbag slots, it won't be much of a difference in code length to save 10 inventory slots and 6 equip slots instead (that will hold both equipment and materials).
I will also use a "dynamic" save method for storing the inventory. I will save the number of "equipment" items in the inventory slots and the number of materials in a single integer to the code. Depending on that number, the amount of stored items to the code will differ, depending on what you have.
The longest code will be 10 equipment items in the inventory. Everything else (mix of materials and equip items or null slots) will be shorter.
This may mess up the order of the items in your inventory, but saves a lot of characters in the code.
I think it will be rare for the player to really save 6 hero equipment items AND 10 inventory equip items, so the average player should still have very short codes compared to other rpgs.
I love gaias because of absence freezed and bugged full-screen menus and other "cool stuff". Also i liked starcraft 2 maps (Legends OpenRPG, Quests ORPG - same systems, but different design).

I think if people wants all these nice implemented stuff, inventories, lot's of stats and skills – why they shouldn't try to play RPG-game instead of warcraft 3 map with all that tries to make hard fight systems, cameras, etc. ?

Warcraft and starcraft simple rpg maps have some charm. I mean map without all these menues and inventories can still be interesting.. I don't know why.
I heard about TKoK. And i think, it has a LOT of unwanted extra things, so if i wanted to play something complicated like TKoK - i really should to play RPG games..
For now i wait new version of gaias, because of terrain and atmosphere.. no one map beat this.. Sad but your map now runs slow (i don't know why), that's bad for me, because i really liked it
Now i playing GoH 1.10 (because of no slowness, no "cool stuff" and etc.)
I would be so happy if you will don't go in TKoK's way..

What i like in warcraft (and starcraft too) engine, it's a possibility to combine strategy (town-building as example) and RPG..

But ~95% of people wants menus, or they don't know what they want. So probably you will do it..

Sorry for my poor english, thanks for reading.
I know what you are talking about and can tell you that I feel exactly the same way as you. It was one of the reasons why we decided for the "following unit" bag type strategy and brought it to total perfection.
However, there are some things that I ALWAYS wanted to change about Gaias that really annoy me. One of those things was the way you can target allies. The current bag systems prevents me from using the quickbar icons as ally targets, as it would cause nasty bugs and also would display other player's bags.
Also, I've always wanted to add a good need/greed system to valuable drops. As a side effect, it also saves a lot of map size to go with a fullscreen inventory, as I can get rid of the entire wc3 item objects and disabled-icons import and go completely with a text-based item input, which allows me to create new items in the blink of an eye.

To sum it up: The new fullscreen inventory comes with a truckload of advantages that would never have been possible with the current item system. I love the old system, but it restricts me way too much, thats why I decided to go with the new system. You can be sure that I will try to make this system as fast and intuitive as possible.

As maybe another side effect, I now have to opportunity to completely remaster all the items and add some new stats I've always wanted to implement (spellhaste and such).

I promise that the whole style of gaming will not change and dungeons remain challenging and such. Don't worry about that. Only the equipment system changes.

EDIT:
New picture of the current layout

Attachments

• Fullscreen.jpg
    Fullscreen.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 994
Last edited:
Reactions: Non

Non

Non

Level 2
Looks nice. I want to test it :)
Have some questions..
Center element is a equipment. I got it :D
Left side is a inventory, left-bottom - potions?
or bottom is potions? and what is second "text element" in bottom-right?

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Looks nice. I want to test it :)
Have some questions..
Center element is a equipment. I got it :D
Left side is a inventory, left-bottom - potions?
or bottom is potions? and what is second "text element" in bottom-right?
Thought I already explained it? The 10 slots below equip is inventory, left side is special interactions like looting, shops and trading.

Level 1
What bout dual wielding lol

ok i have seen ur template and i love it and i know its early and what about the off hand stuff i see helm armor weapon ring glove but not off hand. just asking because i love playing my thief lol :)

Non

Non

Level 2
One question. This full-screen inventory will work in any warcraft screen resolution?

Level 2
Ive played some "TKoK" and they also use a sort of Fullscreen inventory. And ive been running fullscreen, window mode, Widescreen monitors. Never had any problems. So im guessing it will work =)

---------
@Zwiebelchen

When your at it, Would you mind looking over these spell errors and correct them?

These items have an extra l after the armor type;

Robe of Fire Protection (Clothl)
Robe of the Magus (Clothl)
Samurai's Vest (Leatherl)
Vest of Fire Protection (Leatherl)
Bandana of the Sun Lord (Clothl)
Ghostly Hat (Clothl)
Monk's Tunic (Clothl)
Leaf Coat (Leatherl)
Robe of Swiftness (Clothl)
Tidewalker's Hide (Leatherl)
Tunic of the Saint (Clothl)
Lunar Mantle (Clothl)

(There might be more but these are the ones ive found as of right now)

Last edited:

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
One question. This full-screen inventory will work in any warcraft screen resolution?
As the ingame view always shows the same sized area no matter what resolution it is: Yes. Except you have cracked your WC3 to allow 16:9 resolution ratios.
These items have an extra l after the armor type;

Robe of Fire Protection (Clothl)
Robe of the Magus (Clothl)
Samurai's Vest (Leatherl)
Vest of Fire Protection (Leatherl)
Bandana of the Sun Lord (Clothl)
Ghostly Hat (Clothl)
Monk's Tunic (Clothl)
Leaf Coat (Leatherl)
Robe of Swiftness (Clothl)
Tidewalker's Hide (Leatherl)
Tunic of the Saint (Clothl)
Lunar Mantle (Clothl)
Doesn't really matter anymore; I have to recreate those items anyways for the new system to work.

I might even add a item randomizing routine to the game, that creates random items based on gear level. This is one of the powerful advantages when moving away from the ordinary object data items. Can't imagine how awesome that would be and its not even that hard to make (In fact; its a 10 liner to do that, lol!).
Items in the game will not be random, however (that would heavily increase the save code length). It will just allow me to internally create items very fast and balanced, as all will use the same calculation formulas for the stats.

All I have to do is writing a small program in for example Java or C++ that generates me a list of item registry entries and there are the new items. Players want some new items? Just click the button and there you go. :)
I could even make it better by matching attributes with names and models.
Lets say the generator puts a elemental stat on the items. If the item is green, it adds a "of Fire" suffix to the item. If the item is blue quality, it will select a random custom name from a name list I make beforehand that is somehow related to fire. Same goes with the attachment model. I can put all my attachment models into categories that the generator selects out of a matching pool. Fire elemental swords for example will pick a glowing model whereas ordinary swords will pick from either the "low quality" or "high quality" attachment model list.

Last edited:
Level 2
The whole part with Random items and a generator sounds awsome!
Any guess of how many items will be in the new version?

Good Luck with the progress. Looking forward to test it out =)

Level 2
Zwiebel..
so you mean that there are unlimited items in the game then? so this generator can create equipments directly in the game where you have never even created them in your database?

Level 2
and when do you suggest would this new version be out? most people i know now do not have the mood to continue 1.1e due to the code wipe. i'm also feeling that way cause i have full d3 gear for my sorc...

looking forward to the new patch! but please, no more wipes! :)

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
The whole part with Random items and a generator sounds awsome!
Any guess of how many items will be in the new version?

Good Luck with the progress. Looking forward to test it out =)
Roughly the same amount as we have now. The current limit is at 300 items and I think I am not going to increase that limit, as the current amount of items is totally matching the game's intend. In 1.1e, Gaia's Retaliation has roughly 220 items with the last 80 being a placeholder "buffer" for adding additional ones in the future.
Depending on the likelyhood of another content upgrade by me, I might increase the number of items to the limit of 300 in 1.2.

Zwiebel..
so you mean that there are unlimited items in the game then? so this generator can create equipments directly in the game where you have never even created them in your database?
I have already stated that this is not possible. Technically, it would be easy to do that, but the save code's length would dramatically increase as I have to give every possible combination of stats a unique item ID.
The more different items you have, the longer your savecode will be.

PS: Germany:Argentinia 4:0. Go guys for the finals! :grin:
I'm out celebrating for today. Byebye :>

Level 2
Roughly the same amount as we have now. The current limit is at 300 items and I think I am not going to increase that limit, as the current amount of items is totally matching the game's intend. In 1.1e, Gaia's Retaliation has roughly 220 items with the last 80 being a placeholder "buffer" for adding additional ones in the future.
Depending on the likelyhood of another content upgrade by me, I might increase the number of items to the limit of 300 in 1.2.
Ok, Didnt know that there was that many items ingame, But it sounds reasonable.

I have already stated that this is not possible. Technically, it would be easy to do that, but the save code's length would dramatically increase as I have to give every possible combination of stats a unique item ID.
The more different items you have, the longer your savecode will be.

I dont mind how long the code gets since im using this wonderful little program called "Gamecapture" All you have to do is Start Wc3 -> Start Gamecapture, Play an RPG that uses a Savecode, use the save command and the code will appear inside Gamecapture. And from there you just highlight the code and copy+paste it into a .txt doc for safekeeping. So i wouldnt mind even if you made the save code ten times the current length ^^

Level 1
This actually sounds amazing!

By the way, I had a small suggestion. How about making it so that, depending on the classes inside the hosted game, the monsters and bosses will drop gear, spells, etc. depending on those classes? I do not know if this is possible, but I would love to see this implemented. I would find my self going through dungeons and mini bosses for a while trying to get spells and/or gear for me or other people.

In another topic, concerning the full window inventory, could you make it user friendly? I have played TKoK and other ORPG's that implement this, and they end up being a little annoying. For example, in TKoK you would have to click the sell button THEN double click on the item you wish to sell. I know I may sound lazy, but it all comes down to how clean the user interface feels to a player.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
This actually sounds amazing!

By the way, I had a small suggestion. How about making it so that, depending on the classes inside the hosted game, the monsters and bosses will drop gear, spells, etc. depending on those classes? I do not know if this is possible, but I would love to see this implemented. I would find my self going through dungeons and mini bosses for a while trying to get spells and/or gear for me or other people.
This would mess up the balancing. If you are alone, then all your drops are useful for you? Nah, I don't think that is a goo idea. I don't want to encurage people to 1-man dungeons.
In another topic, concerning the full window inventory, could you make it user friendly? I have played TKoK and other ORPG's that implement this, and they end up being a little annoying. For example, in TKoK you would have to click the sell button THEN double click on the item you wish to sell. I know I may sound lazy, but it all comes down to how clean the user interface feels to a player.
I think the current style is pretty intuitive. Everything in the inventory works with click&drop.
Lets say you want to move an item in the inventory: just click it (it becomes marked with a glowing border) and then click on the destination point. If you want to unselect it, just click the item again. If you want to sell an item, you click it and then click on one of the open item slots of the shopkeeper window. If you want to loot, just click it in the lootwindow and then click on an open slot in your inventory (or directly equip it by clicking on the equipment slot). etc.
The description in the window of the upper right corner will always display the description of the item or action your mouse is hovering above.

Level 9
hey, i got an idea, u may use "additional stats" to the equipment since it was scripted, not WC3 ordinary.

so in example, you gain a sword, it has "+ 10 str" additional stats, but when you buy at the merchant, it has no additional stats, similar to ordinary MMORPG.

also i'll gladly help you with something :D

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
hey, i got an idea, u may use "additional stats" to the equipment since it was scripted, not WC3 ordinary.

so in example, you gain a sword, it has "+ 10 str" additional stats, but when you buy at the merchant, it has no additional stats, similar to ordinary MMORPG.
I have no clue what you are talking about.

also i'll gladly help you with something :D
No offense, but I doubt that you would be of any help.

Level 2
Im guessing he wants it somewhat like this.

When you kill monster and they drop items, They tend to have higher stats.

Example

- You kill an Gnoll
- a "Sword" drops
- The stats of the "Sword" is +6 attack, +6 str

- You go the NPC that is selling weapons
- The same sword that you got from a Gnoll is in the shop but the stats of it is only
- "Sword" +6 attack

So all items that drops from monsters will have higher stats then the same item inside a shop.

I dont really see the point of it.. Since most (if not nearly all) items that monsters drop cant be bought at the NPC's..

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I dont really see the point of it.. Since most (if not nearly all) items that monsters drop cant be bought at the NPC's..
Plus it would make buying equipment from shops even more worthless.

Last time I checked, the problem of Gaias was not that too much money is spent on shopkeepers but that people tend to have a million of gold because they have NOTHING to spend their money on.

Level 2
I was playing a "Dota-ish" map and they had a rather cool system (Supposedly) taken from the game Ragnarok but still. You bought your items and they had "slots" where you could put magic gems. The gems increased various things like extra attack, evasion chance, str/agi/int and such.

Maybe you could add either Equipment that has slots and make the Gems sold in a shop, BUT they would cost a big chunk of money. Or make special armors sold in the Shop that has Slots and make Gems drop from Bosses.

Just an Idea. Might be a problem with the current Item limit. And it might interfere with the style of Gaia. Its a possibility.

Or you could just lower the saleprices / gold dropped from monsters

Level 10
I was playing a "Dota-ish" map and they had a rather cool system (Supposedly) taken from the game Ragnarok but still. You bought your items and they had "slots" where you could put magic gems. The gems increased various things like extra attack, evasion chance, str/agi/int and such.

Maybe you could add either Equipment that has slots and make the Gems sold in a shop, BUT they would cost a big chunk of money. Or make special armors sold in the Shop that has Slots and make Gems drop from Bosses.

Just an Idea. Might be a problem with the current Item limit. And it might interfere with the style of Gaia. Its a possibility.

Or you could just lower the saleprices / gold dropped from monsters
I played Ragnarok Online and they also had a feature where you can upgrade your gear to +10, if you upgrade weapons they get +1 attack for each upgrade and if you upgrade armors you get more DEF, but the problem is the higher the chance you upgrade the item the more likely it will break and if it breaks it is destroyed you can't get it back. So people would farm for items hours at a time, get an item, spend a lot of money on it to upgrade it and break it and have to repeat (most people never got items past +7). It was a very effective money sink and gear sink. The problem with that is I think adding +1 more DEF or +1 more attack to each item in the game to the potential of 10 would make some items completely OP seeing as RO's stats weren't exactly the same as Gaias stats the 1 DEF or 1Attack didn't really mean much game changing but only mildly better.

Level 2
Making items upgradeable both has its con's and pro's, It brings a new level to the game where you can get even better by upgrading your items. However, The game should be able to be done w/o upgrading since not everyone might be able to upgrade to "lets say +5". And one negative side effect is that it might be easy to hack and get items to +10 very fast.. But it all depends on how the script is done i guess.

The idea if upgrading items is interesting, It sure brings a money sink, And it would add to the total time needed to complete things (For those Hardcore/Showoff Gamers that want all the best gear ^^)

Well its up to Zwiebelchen, Think its his turn to reply now =)

Edit;

Just read your post again, You always find something new and interesting ^^,
As maybe another side effect, I now have to opportunity to completely remaster all the items and add some new stats I've always wanted to implement (spellhaste and such).

So if everything goes as planed, We will be able to cast magic at a faster rate if we find those nice items that does spellhaste? Im assuming thats what spellhaste stands for :p. Care to elaborate what "and such" might be also? ^^

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Please forget about the idea of upgradable items. This is simply not possible because of the limited saving.

Lets say I add one single item that can be upgraded 9 times. This item alone would consume 10 of the 300 items I can save. I simply feel like adding 10 more items is much more worth than having one upgradeable item instead.

Technically, all that would be possible, but the save code length would explode.

Level 2
Please forget about the idea of upgradable items. This is simply not possible because of the limited saving.

Lets say I add one single item that can be upgraded 9 times. This item alone would consume 10 of the 300 items I can save. I simply feel like adding 10 more items is much more worth than having one upgradeable item instead.

Technically, all that would be possible, but the save code length would explode.

Haha, Guess we got a little carried away with the upgradable items ^^.
We didnt think about the coding of it and that every upgrade would require a new item in the "database".

Level 3
Well if i may offer an idea :) you said that people have tons of money and dont use it? Well create or more like insert the gamble.Put like 10-15 items in it middle or high price for a try and from these 10-15 items let it have 1 of each class that is realy good(when i say realy good i mean like d3 drop) but with low % of getting it like 1 or 2 % or something(the % is just a mather of balance)

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Well if i may offer an idea :) you said that people have tons of money and dont use it? Well create or more like insert the gamble.Put like 10-15 items in it middle or high price for a try and from these 10-15 items let it have 1 of each class that is realy good(when i say realy good i mean like d3 drop) but with low % of getting it like 1 or 2 % or something(the % is just a mather of balance)
I don't think thats a good idea, because that would encurage people to do intensive farming.

I have a long history of playing MMORPGs, wasting several years of my life. I simply would feel bad to add content only extreme farmers can enjoy.

Level 6
i would like more if there items which running out by use (charges or something)

Level 3
I don't think thats a good idea, because that would encurage people to do intensive farming.

I have a long history of playing MMORPGs, wasting several years of my life. I simply would feel bad to add content only extreme farmers can enjoy.

well whats the your vision about this rpg then? in order to get rare and good items you need to farm bosses...there you have the same % to get the desired item.+ i dont think that 1 good item per class would be that much of a reason for farming.But that would make the gold usuable in late game for high lvl chars.Me for example have assa and sorcerer and after i got my staff for sorcerer have absolutely no use for my gold.Not to talk about assa he dont even have special item in shops.

Level 1
about save-codes

I wanted to ask if there's ANY possibility for you to save for example only hero, without items? Since it's very annoying to grind from 0 again and again... I've played this from 0 for about 4-5 times already and it's going to be very annoying to make it another time.
You could make something like in Twilight, -load3 wich was load hero from earlier versions and you could include wiping items, yet still saving us, people who played this game for months, a lots of time... I think that should be possible, but it's all up to you now.

About new inventory, will those 3 prepared consumables be on that basic 6-slot inventory ?... It would be nice since i've hotkeys to use those in my mouse.
_________

Sorry for english, i'm not native speaker ;..

Level 10
You don't have to if you don't want to, but in v1.2 when you are revamping all of the items and inventory and old systems and stuff it would be the most idealistic time alongside the code wipe to add any interior houses or anything that you originally wanted to add in the capital city that you just never got around to, or to throw in some trash mobs in the sewers. Just a suggestion/idea. I just feel the game would be more complete and the capital would feel more like a town if you were able to enter each of the shops and stuff.

Level 1
I think the recipe system was a great idea but underused. I think you could use the current materials along with the other items in the game to be reused in a way of "upgrading" a unique item. Possibly a new item type that would be equippable such as "Artifact" that would require gathering items spread across all of the current gaias, that would have some emphasis on the knowledge of where to find all the locations of the materials needed plus require gold.

This would result in an Artifact item equippable by a specific class tree(Ex. Squire/Berserker/Crusader), think of it as a progressing item that requires Gold & Items from the area you are currently in to an extent that shows your prowess in playing Gaias and knowledge of the game and areas.

This would initially require you to farm items in order to create the Artifact. Then, progression of the power of the artifact would be increased through gold & items to increase the power of the artifact. The item itself would not be changed and thus this would require a subset of "Artifact Power" stats. Each class would have 1 artifact meant for them. The artifact would have an activatable ability that has it's usefulness dependent on the stats of the hero & your current Artifact stats. The kind of materials you use to upgrade the artifacts power would raise different stats. There should be a command to see the current amount of "artifact stats" you have.

Also, to clarify, The artifact should serve a role of adding a uniqueness to everyones hero (which is somewhat lacking currently, outside of stat placement which usually follows the same pattern depending on class), giving players the ability to upgrade their hero beyond the current structure of the game thus providing a money sink throughout gaias and even during the end-game and still can be restrained so that it is not overpowered and yet give you(Zweibelchen) the flexibility to tailor the idea to however you please whilst requiring only 10 item slots(5 for artifacts/5 for the recipes to create the artifact). The other benefit is that this can be viewed as a persistent goal/benefit to a player. You can also restrict the number of times you can upgrade the stats the artifact provides, such as limiting it to 1 upgrade per level or cap the amount you can increase a specific stat based on your current hero level.

The only downside I am concerned of about this idea is how much more would this extend a code's length? I do not know if this can be reasonably be done without adding too much onto the code.

The other addition with this is that perhaps put in a "Material Informant" that knows the locations and lists of mobs that drop said material but the information comes at 50-100 Gold for everytime you request information via a command.

Ex. "-info Ruby"

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

tl;dr Add in a class-tree specific unique progressing item that you modify by using recipes that change stored stat values that the artifact represents, but are not on the item itself.

Level 7
WEll correrct me if im wrong but its idea :)

I think the recipe system was a great idea but underused. I think you could use the current materials along with the other items in the game to be reused in a way of "upgrading" a unique item. Possibly a new item type that would be equippable such as "Artifact" that would require gathering items spread across all of the current gaias, that would have some emphasis on the knowledge of where to find all the locations of the materials needed plus require gold.

This would result in an Artifact item equippable by a specific class tree(Ex. Squire/Berserker/Crusader), think of it as a progressing item that requires Gold & Items from the area you are currently in to an extent that shows your prowess in playing Gaias and knowledge of the game and areas.

This would initially require you to farm items in order to create the Artifact. Then, progression of the power of the artifact would be increased through gold & items to increase the power of the artifact. The item itself would not be changed and thus this would require a subset of "Artifact Power" stats. Each class would have 1 artifact meant for them. The artifact would have an activatable ability that has it's usefulness dependent on the stats of the hero & your current Artifact stats. The kind of materials you use to upgrade the artifacts power would raise different stats. There should be a command to see the current amount of "artifact stats" you have.

Also, to clarify, The artifact should serve a role of adding a uniqueness to everyones hero (which is somewhat lacking currently, outside of stat placement which usually follows the same pattern depending on class), giving players the ability to upgrade their hero beyond the current structure of the game thus providing a money sink throughout gaias and even during the end-game and still can be restrained so that it is not overpowered and yet give you(Zweibelchen) the flexibility to tailor the idea to however you please whilst requiring only 10 item slots(5 for artifacts/5 for the recipes to create the artifact). The other benefit is that this can be viewed as a persistent goal/benefit to a player. You can also restrict the number of times you can upgrade the stats the artifact provides, such as limiting it to 1 upgrade per level or cap the amount you can increase a specific stat based on your current hero level.

The only downside I am concerned of about this idea is how much more would this extend a code's length? I do not know if this can be reasonably be done without adding too much onto the code.

The other addition with this is that perhaps put in a "Material Informant" that knows the locations and lists of mobs that drop said material but the information comes at 50-100 Gold for everytime you request information via a command.

Ex. "-info Ruby"

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

tl;dr Add in a class-tree specific unique progressing item that you modify by using recipes that change stored stat values that the artifact represents, but are not on the item itself.

ETC info ruby shouldnt be used aniwhere = scupid ruin the game LEts say at som NPC like guard or som1 that may know would be nice and all other i give a big LIKE

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
About the 1.2 update ... I don't know if I am able to finish this in the next weeks. I mean; I got exams period right now, followed by the holidays, which I am so not going to spend on the computer. :grin:
(two weeks holidays in florida and stuff, gg XD)
Then, also, Starcraft II is about to be released. I want to at least play the singleplayer campaign before I do anything else. And then even SW:TOR beta release is coming closer and closer with every month. Man, that is going to be such an awesome game.
It's a dilemma. I wish I had more time to invest on Gaias Retaliation.

Status
Not open for further replies.