• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.1f now released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Hell ... it's about time... :ogre_datass:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/gaias-retaliation-orpg-v1-1f-144066/

CHANGELOG:

General:
- fixed a bug that sometimes caused trouble with the item system and item ownership after looting a scroll (item duping, wrong bound items, etc.)
- Spellcast triggers completely remastered to avoid some nasty bugs (this also fixed the Bash Bug)
- Removed the cheat-blocker for the Squire quest ... all you noobs out there that are unable to beat the squire quest without help: have fun!
- Improved some art for certain items and fixed a bug not displaying the druid's headguard and the white bandana (thanks to muzzel for this one)
- Crucify should now create less lag (credit goes to muzzel again)
- Removed D2 cinematic at the spawn event of the Ancient One
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Seal Of Flames from respawning when D3 was resetted
- demon heart now drops from all bosses in D3 to a low percentage (5-7%)
- Fixed a bug causing Blazing Flame's Manifestations to deal a ridicolously high amount of damage
- Gaspode will now be moved back to entry position when players try to move him away too far from the event spot
- the ghoul/mage pack in front of Andrazzar has been moved forward a little bit to avoid pulling Andrazzar when attacking them
- Changed and removed some pathing blockers around certain boss events to make it harder to abuse pathing
- fixed some pathing on the second bridge in D3
- Some changes made to the Ancient One encounter
- Witchdoctor Maluvu now drops the "Sharp Arrows" quiver, as originally intended
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to reset D3 from inside when moving to a certain area
- Lord Andrazzar's Minions will now die when the battle is won
- Also, Lord Andrazzar's Minions will now have a much higher return range than the boss itself, to allow easier kiting
- Attacking creatures at D3 event will now have a small amount of threat towards Sergeant Gaspode when spawning
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused linked of creep camps
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused minions of bosses to reset the encounter when killing their target

Gameplay/Balancing:
- Mana regeneration of heroes removed - heroes now only recover mana through potions, skills, items or when resting
- Item rebalancing: some extreme +mana values lowered
- Item rebalancing: all two-handed weapons now have -10% Attack Speed and some changed stats
- Item rebalancing: all manareg bonuses removed and/or replaced by +mana
- Item rebalancing: Flute manareg aura changed to 0,3 mana per second
- crit damage modifier formula changed (crit damage bonus of strength doubled)
- Constitution now also increases the amount of health gained by consuming health potions by 10% per point
- Wisdom now grants 15 mana per point and also increases the amount of mana gained by consuming mana potions by 10% per point
- Armor Penetration now also works as minimum damage against heavy armored units - this minimum damage can not exceed attack power of the unit
- Rage system removed; all spells that required rage have been altered to work with a fixed value
- Carathos nerfed: does not longer cast hateful strike
- New chat command: "-qi" toggles hero quickbar icons - Allied heroes within range of the player will now have a quickbar icon on the left side of the screen that can be targeted with spells ... no need to thank me for that, dear healers :p
- for several reasons, we decided to reduce the maximum number of players on this map to 6

Class Changes:
- Adjusted hotkeys to use QWER-ASDF-XCV; also altered hotkeys to follow a certain logic
- Mana cost of almost all skills lowered to match new mana regeneration concept
- Magician: Warmth ability replaced by Energy Drain ability
- Magician: Fire Shield damage increased by 50%
- Magician: Lightning Strike replaced by Meteor Strike
- Magician: Magic Missile multiplier reduced to 3.5
- Necromancer: Skeleton Base damage increased by 5
- Necromancer: Skeleton now gain Armor Penetration equal to their Attack Power*0.6
- Necromancer: Skeleton now gain 1,5% to all resistances per level up to a maximum of 50% at level 34
- Cleric: Burst of Light damage component removed
- Cleric: Heal, Mend and Divine Protection spellpower multipliers reduced
- Cleric: Judgement replaced by Soul Strike
- Monk: Steel body now gives +100% threat on all elemental damage dealt instead of +15% threat on all damage dealt
- Bishop: Mend multiplier reduced to 7
- Ranger: Pets now gain Armor Penetration equal to their Attack Power*0.75
- Ranger: Pet attack speed now improves every 10 levels
- Ranger: Pets now gain 2% to all resistances per level up to a maximum of 60% at level 30
- Druid: Remedy and Natures Blessing spellpower multipliers increased

Level 2
So far so good, playing around in 1.1f (<3 Meteor Strike).

Observations: Water Globes now applies the debuff causing the target to receive
more damage from lightning elemental spells (omitted from the
changelog).
Seeing as Lightning Strike is removed, is this debuff still intended?

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
So far so good, playing around in 1.1f (<3 Meteor Strike).

Observations: Water Globes now applies the debuff causing the target to receive
more damage from lightning elemental spells (omitted from the
changelog).
Seeing as Lightning Strike is removed, is this debuff still intended?
It is, as with 1.2 sorcerers get a new lightning spamable spell. Also, other classes and weapon proccs profit from this buff too.

Level 2
I want report a small bug. The "Esence of xxx", the monster which you must defeat in mage trial cast meteor instead of lightning strike. It's good because this swich was intended. But i doubt that death caused by meteor when you stay at lightning rune and fight with essence of lightning was intended. So i think that AI of Essence of lightning should be changed to casting another spell which deal lightning damage.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I want report a small bug. The "Esence of xxx", the monster which you must defeat in mage trial cast meteor instead of lightning strike. It's good because this swich was intended. But i doubt that death caused by meteor when you stay at lightning rune and fight with essence of lightning was intended. So i think that AI of Essence of lightning should be changed to casting another spell which deal lightning damage.
Thanks ... gonna be fixed in the next version.
If no more "serious" bugs occur, I hope mages can deal with that somehow. If it makes the encounter unbeatable, please tell me. However, you can avoid meteor anyway, as it is a point-targeted spell, so it should be fine, I think.

Level 2
This battle can be passed with this "bug" because firerune is near to lightning rune. Maybe mages could cope with this until next version will be realeased. Yesterday, I was witness that teh.fellow passed this trial. With some problems of course, but pass.

Level 2
Just leveled a magician from scratch to 33, and did gaia's part 1.
Things to note: When the boss turns to lightning, he will initially cast meteor strike then proceed to cast lightning spells. This can be kited as stated above ( the lightning rune buff remains on your hero for some time even after stepping off the rune, hence avoid the meteor and return).
Hp potions come in handy if you get into trouble.

Minor bug: Frost Cage does not get any hotkey assigned to it upon acquisition.

Level 5
There is a hotkey for Frost Cage, but its not F its E. And by the way the 1.1f changes are good, now the priest isn't imba and the druid is much better. can't wait for the new zone and new itens on 1.2 xD.

Level 2
Conditions: E was assigned to frost cage prior to acquiring water globes, then E was reassigned to water globes, and frost cage ended up without a hotkey.
At least this is what happened to my character...

Level 5
Well Im not sure if that was intended because ressurection for clerics didn't have any hotkey set, even before 1.1f
Other than that Im satisfied with this update and I'll try to find possible bugs or mistakes when I have some time.
Thanks for making the update Zwiebelchen, keep up the good work!

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Well Im not sure if that was intended because ressurection for clerics didn't have any hotkey set, even before 1.1f
Other than that Im satisfied with this update and I'll try to find possible bugs or mistakes when I have some time.
Thanks for making the update Zwiebelchen, keep up the good work!
This is intended. Ressurection is one of those spells that really dont need a hotkey if you ask me. I'd rather save that key for spells that really need it.

And I checked again and the hotkey for Frost Cage is indeed F. Dunno why it doesnt work.

Some footage of the upcoming floating island themed dungeon 4 terrain...
Note that all this is heavily WIP. The Skybox and ground terrain is still a matter of experimenting...

Notice how the tree's leaves fade and become partially invisible when the camera gets close to them. This is a system I wrote for dungeon 4, as the floating island will be very much jungle-themed and will have a lot of giant trees with a thick leaf crown.

Attachments

• FloatingIsle1.jpg
    FloatingIsle1.jpg
    391.3 KB · Views: 176
  • FloatingIsle2.jpg
    FloatingIsle2.jpg
    415.2 KB · Views: 224
Level 5
That's bloody brilliant! Really nice concept with the sky island.

And the camera system is nice as well, gives better experience while playing.

Level 4
Thank, Zwiel!
I,ve been waiting for a update on gaias for more than 1 year. I'm really happy and glad that you did it!

Should we post bugs / tooltips we find here or some other topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.