SPECIAL MELEE MAPPING CONTEST - 1v1
PRIZES AND EXPOSURE SPONSORED BY BACK2WARCRAFT
Create a competitive 1v1 melee map that excels in terrain, dynamic, and creativity, but most importantly balance, for a chance to win $100 among many prizes!
- No submission may violate any of the site rules.
- If a submission does not follow the map submission rules the creator will be disqualified.
- All submissions must follow the current theme. If any submission does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
- Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your one final single submission must also contain the following:
- Several screenshots of terrain and gameplay.
- The file in the appropriate format.
- You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
- Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
- Judges may not participate.
- Your final submission must be bug free.
- Teamwork is not allowed.
- Finding testers and voice actors to help you with your submission is not considered teamwork.
- Imports may (optionally) be used in the map, however they must all be credited. *For melee maps, imports should be of cosmetic use for terrain and decoration use only. Any playable or killable unit should not have/be a custom import.
In addition, higher quality maps will have a chance to go on competitive map pools on 3rd party leagues and tournaments.
- First Place: 30 reputation points, your entry on the award icon, a T-shirt from B2W, and $100 from B2W through paypal!
- Second Place: 20 reputation points, an award icon, and a T-shirt from B2W
- Third Place: 10 reputation points, an award icon, and a T-shirt from B2W
Judges will also receive a free Back2Warcraft T-shirt!
- Judge 1
- Judge 2
- Maybe even judge 3?
Balance Is the map balanced for a player vs player 1v1? Are the positions and distance between points of interest fair? Does the map allow the 4 races to be balanced?
Consider balance when implementing the pathing, resources, creep camps, and item drops.
50% Terrain Is the map visually pleasing in mediums of terrain, doodad placement, and overall theme? Is the aesthetic well designed but not overly obstructive? 25% Dynamic Does the map include variety throughout, ensuring the map isn't stale, repetitive, or generic in gameplay? 10% Creativity & Uniqueness Does the map bring something new or creative to the table? 15% Bugs Scores may be brought down if there are bug-like issues such as faulty pathing, unusable resources, etc -
- 75% of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
- 25% of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
- The contest shall begin on October 21 and conclude on November 21, GMT
Hive - How To Create Melee Maps
Hive - Competitive Melee Map (Balancing Melee Maps)
Hive - Terraining Guide Megathread
The Helper - Professional Melee Mapping Guide
r/wc3 - What Goes Into Making A Good 1v1 Melee Map?
Please post if you plan to participate! Should this contest receive more attention than anticipated, we may cap a number of participants to around 15 or 20.
We need your help nominating resources for or next YouTube video. Post here now.Dismiss Notice
Cast your vote for the best created hero from the Hive Workshop! [POLL] +100 REP Team Contest - Hive MemberDismiss Notice
The Terraining Mini Contest Reload #1 - Mist has began! Create a scene laden in thick fog, with only 20 doodads!Dismiss Notice
Full steam ahead! Choose the best steampunk song at our Music Contest #9 - PollDismiss Notice
Join us in our custom games night next Saturday, January 27th. We'll see you on Battle.net and Discord!Dismiss Notice