• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Misc.txt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello everyone! I could use some help = /

Few weeks ago I asked a friend to tell where I could learn to make those really nice looking cliffs that are all straight in WE. He gave me the link to a tutorial at Thehelper.net. So I go check it out and turns out he was right. The tutorial did talk about the cliffs. So I read the tutorial and at the bottom it says the only way you can make those is by using a file called Misc.txt and you have to save it in your UI folder inside your WcIII folder. So I click the link to download the misc.txt when it opens my WcIII folder I see that I am missing the UI folder. I opened every folder in there and unless I am blind I couldnt find it. So I post on their forums and someone gives me this answer "Just make a folder called UI". So I do and it still doesnt help.

Here is link: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32561&highlight=advanced+terraining

So what I am getting at is... Where do I save this file misc.txt, and how do I use it?:cry:

Level 4
Sorry if I havnt been able to thank you for this but I havnt had much 2 log on hive the last few days = /

First of all I would like to thank you and secondly I have a question.

Since I am still a beginner at all this stuff could you please tell me which one is the voila? or what it is?

And my other question is.. How did you find the UI folder? when i try to save this i go into pavion -> program files (x86) <I think thats the folder. The name is something like that where wc3 is> -> Warcraft III.

Inside my Wc3 folder there are these folders...
Maps
AI Script
**I will finish this list later on b/c I am not on my computer which has wc3

My final question is about that UI folder... Did you make that folder INSIDE your wc3 folder? Or was it already there? Before I posted this thread for help I reinstalled my wc3 to see if I had deleted that folder by accident or something but it still doesnt show up.

One last thing. I believe it is in my AI Script folder that inside that folder is a folder named World Editor. Does that have anything to do with the UI or something?

Im sorry im so dumb :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.