• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

life regen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Im making a spell and I want unit to stop regenerating their life for some time.
So my question is:
Is there any ability that provides that? The only good Ive found so far is Life regeneration aura but when I set it to -1.00 and set % to true it drained units life very fast when it took any damage and stopped at 1. -0.01 did the same but drain the units life a lot slower and killed it

Level 17
I think that the only way is to handle the regeneration life yourself by triggers.
That also means no regeneration bonus per force point (constants editor) or whatever else, like the stuff in object editor, life regeneration on night, on bligth, ...
This way you can obviously do all you want at any time.

Level 17
It's not tricky, just boring, but maybe there is an available jass resource lying somewhere, now you would still have to "disable" the object and constants editor stuff.

Ofc i could be wrong but i don't think there is a such ability, hidden or not.

Level 23
Mag wrote one but it requires 4 libraries, having 5 libraries for 1 spell hmm...I can make one life regen stop with triggers myself :D
Also did you know that there is build death prevention?
If you take anything that manipulates your life in % (heal totem aura, life regen aura etc) and set it to -1.00 your unit cant die? it will be stuck at 1 hp and even if you have unit with 250 damage hitting it it will not die(tested it personally) :D - a little bit of Off topic but wanted to share this knowledge :D

Last edited:
Level 23
the spell is supposed to stop units life regen for 10 seconds but heal him for xyz

regarding the indestructible:
it works veeeery weird, Ill post test map tomorrow. Done some testing right now and its very interesting but has a huge con

Level 14
So you stop the caster's life regen and start healing him? Ok whatever :D

I have a suggestion about you. Duplicate the hero unit and change the clone's health regen to 'never' and a value of 0. Then base the spell off Metamorphosis and transform the regenerating hero to the one that does not regenerate. Make a dummy unit and give it rejuvination or whatever heal shoud occur and make the dummy unit cast it on the hero.

edit: oh crap this wouldnt work for heroes because of their strenght bonus regeneration....

Level 23
yes but I said, I wont download 5 libraries for 1 spell
Also he wasnt that right when he said unit regenerates life every 0.0325, it regenerates every 0.005(tested) but this is not that much of a deal
a little offtopic: The Life regeneration with negative value has the most strange behavior Ive ever seen. VEEEERY mysterious effects indeed(still testing)

EDIT:
Map attached to the post
My findings so far:

The less health unit has the bigger negative value must be put to the regeneration(in meaing of -10 being bigger negative value then -1) to make the unit not die, every unit which regenerates health(meaning with less then 100% life) will be "automatically"(it actually starts at around 2 seconds after map init) drained to 1 health and while draining any damage bigger then its current life will kill it but when it reaches 1 life it is indestructable. There are knights with 500 damage each on the map you can test them :)
The con of this is the units life are drained to 1 and then the unit becomes invincible but once it has 1 life no damage will kill it
Values:
If my mountain kings had 50000 base(50600 total) life it was enough to set life regen of the life regeneration aura to -1. but when they had like 600 life I had to set it to -1000. to stop them from dying.
If I set it to -100. or -200 or -300 it killed (random) once(like one which starts with 20% life, one with 30% etc) but it is not random because it kills them all the time

Attachments

• atest.w3x
    16.2 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Level 2
Im making a spell and I want unit to stop regenerating their life for some time.
So my question is:
Is there any ability that provides that? The only good Ive found so far is Life regeneration aura but when I set it to -1.00 and set % to true it drained units life very fast when it took any damage and stopped at 1. -0.01 did the same but drain the units life a lot slower and killed it

ok still use the life regen aura but apply it with a trigger then when you want to remove it set another trigger with the event for when you want the aura to be removed.

Level 23
you dont understand, it will start draining your life instead of stopping. Ive already made something that stops life regen as long as you have lower life regen then 2500/sec and Defskull is currently making a GUI MUI version of it :)

Level 2
you dont understand, it will start draining your life instead of stopping. Ive already made something that stops life regen as long as you have lower life regen then 2500/sec and Defskull is currently making a GUI MUI version of it :)

ok well I tried :p im still new at this

Level 3
Well, i have a very strange solution :D

1) Create <variable>, in which save current HP of caster.
2) Turn on trigger that will each 0.XX seconds check, if unit have more than <variable> lives
3) When need to heal caster without blocking it, increase value in <variable> and then set health
4) At the end turn off the trigger

Its really weird, bud should work :D

Status
Not open for further replies.