• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing Spell Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've been creating a map, and I made a hero. I'm using the "Hammer of Thor" spell that is made by "Maker". I don't know how to import it, and make my hero use it. I'm mazed and am wondering if someone could help me? Please?:goblin_jawdrop:

Level 37
1. Open your map in world Editor.
2. Open the downloaded file in World Editor.
3. Open import editor (F12) and export dummy.mdx and hammer_of_thor.mdx to some location in your hard drive. Close import manager.
4. The in Window-menu, select your map. Open Import manager and import the two files in there.
5. Then Window -> select the spell map. Open Object manager and copy it. Switch to your map and paste the unit there in object editor.
6. Switch to the spell map. In object editor, browse abilities. At the bottom of the list there are two abilities. Hammer of Thor and Hammer of thor storm bolt. Copy those into your map.
7. Go to File - Prefernces - General. Make sure "Automatically copy unknown variables while pasting triggers" is chcked.
8. In your map, create a variable called Temp_Lightning. Set it's type to lightning.
8. In the spell map, copy the Hammer of Thor folder, paste it to your map.
9. There are these lines in the triggers:
  • Unit - Create 1 Hammer_of_Thor_Dummy for Neutral Passive at Temp_Loc_1 facing (Random angle) degrees
One in Hammer of Thor, two in Hammer of Thor Move Up and Down, two in Hammer of Thor Slam. Make sure it says the correct unit there. If not, change the unit type.
10. Give the ability to your unit in object editor.
11. Make sure you have this trigger:
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Hashtable - Create a hashtable
      • Set HoT_Hash = (Last created hashtable)
==============

I should make the unit type a variable and make the lightning variable to be copied automatically.

Level 2
1. Open your map in world Editor.
2. Open the downloaded file in World Editor.
3. Open import editor (F12) and export dummy.mdx and hammer_of_thor.mdx to some location in your hard drive. Close import manager.
4. The in Window-menu, select your map. Open Import manager and import the two files in there.
5. Then Window -> select the spell map. Open Object manager and copy it. Switch to your map and paste the unit there in object editor.
6. Switch to the spell map. In object editor, browse abilities. At the bottom of the list there are two abilities. Hammer of Thor and Hammer of thor storm bolt. Copy those into your map.
7. Go to File - Prefernces - General. Make sure "Automatically copy unknown variables while pasting triggers" is chcked.
8. In your map, create a variable called Temp_Lightning. Set it's type to lightning.
8. In the spell map, copy the Hammer of Thor folder, paste it to your map.
9. There are these lines in the triggers:
  • Unit - Create 1 Hammer_of_Thor_Dummy for Neutral Passive at Temp_Loc_1 facing (Random angle) degrees
One in Hammer of Thor, two in Hammer of Thor Move Up and Down, two in Hammer of Thor Slam. Make sure it says the correct unit there. If not, change the unit type.
10. Give the ability to your unit in object editor.
11. Make sure you have this trigger:
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Hashtable - Create a hashtable
      • Set HoT_Hash = (Last created hashtable)
==============

I should make the unit type a variable and make the lightning variable to be copied automatically.

I can't do the step #2, since it crashes when I tend to open it, my suspect is the capability of our memory of the laptop..

Status
Not open for further replies.