• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make a new upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I know that you can hold down shift in fields to get negative numbers.. But every upgrade has effect, the armor upgrade has the effect apply defense upgrade bonus. I've searched if i could find the effects in the Buff/Effects section. Nothing there. So how to do this ?

Level 2
You could use a global aura that gives '-armor' which is only active if the required upgrade is researched.

Level 11
Thank you for the help.. but.. i want this when i pick up a item that gives +2 defense the defense will be added as a upgrade. And when i drop the item the upgrade will be removed.

I don't want all theese 2 defense +100 i don't like the + after ^^ It looks more nice with the other way. Can you do this in anyway?

Ty for the help!

Level 2
Ah, okay, a item that gives you the armor not as that green value but as the white. i think this is only possible in the way Ramza mentioned. but i've got no experience with that value, sorry.
maybe you could modify the agility via trigger, the hero would get more armor (the white value), but also attack-speed and movement-speed will increase (depending on your gameplay constants)...

Level 11
ye its the only way as ramza said.. But i thought of you mb can make a trigger like when that items is being dropped by a unit he will get -2 armor and when he picks it up again he will get +2 with white.

Level 16
why don't blizzard make triggers for Set Upgrade to level lol.. +__+..
i thought i seen some skill, that eats target's defense,

Well chewii, rather than using Upgrades, maybe use a 200 level devotion aura or something, lol, i think that works better, so people can see its base, and the + too, it can be made to stack too.

You cant edit it directly unless you use Ramza's method...

but if its okay if the bonus will show with the green color
example:
+1 , -1 etc.

you might want to check BonusMod though its in vJASS...

WAIT, an item which increases armor? why dont just give the item an ability based on the bonus armor ability (rather than devotion aura because devotion aura wont stack unless you create a new devotion aura + a new buff for every item)...

Status
Not open for further replies.