• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HELP!!! My Map is Crash Without any Error code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Why no one cares? :'(

because you dont listen. your trigger register spell event but checks nothing. it creates a dummy and orders him to use another spell. which triggers this trigger again. and again. until it drops off.
u could track that easily with provided tool but prefer not to do anything. why would anyone bother then? thanks god I had 2 free minutes

Roland

R

Roland

I wouldn't bother helping that kid if he stills complain about that "Why noone Cares"

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
t's like helping a deaf
Which should not really be a problem seeing how this is a message board so only eye sight is involved...

plazma019, according to DracoL1ch one of your GUI triggers (which automatically compile to JASS on map save) is creating an infinite loop. He says that one of your ability triggers is lacking a condition and creates a dummy unit which casts an ability. Since the dummy unit's ability cast still registers as an ability cast it causes the trigger to fire again which creates another dummy which casts. This repeats infinitely until something in the game engine breaks and the game application shuts down.

You can solve it by adding a conditional test to make sure that the ability which fires the trigger is not coming from a dummy. This can be done by giving the dummy units different abilities from the caster and adding a condition to test if the cast ability is equal to the caster ability type. Another, more inclusive, way would be to make sure that the casting unit type is not a dummy unit type.

Level 6
Which should not really be a problem seeing how this is a message board so only eye sight is involved...

I'm deaf and this made me giggle a bit actually.

On topic, if the trigger isn't the problem then check imports, etc., figure out why it's causing the crash.

Level 6
what I meant is that it is like explaining things with voice to a deaf.

at the end, he will only say " I don't understand"

I know what you meant, I just found it a bit funny :)

You make this thread like SE
I don't understand what did you say
I want the solution

The guys above just gave you explanations on what you could do to figure it out... like, that infinite loop for example. If you can't even bother figuring it out yourself (map editing is all about experimentation after all....), then I don't think anyone will actually help you if you won't help yourself.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I don't understand what did you say
Let me re-say it for you...

plazma019 one of your GUI triggers (which automatically compile to JASS on map save) is creating an infinite loop. One of your ability triggers is lacking a condition and creates a dummy unit which casts an ability. Since the dummy unit's ability cast still registers as an ability cast it causes the trigger to fire again which creates another dummy which casts. This repeats infinitely until something in the game engine breaks and the game application shuts down.

You can solve it by adding a conditional test to make sure that the ability which fires the trigger is not coming from a dummy. This can be done by giving the dummy units different abilities from the caster and adding a condition to test if the cast ability is equal to the caster ability type. Another, more inclusive, way would be to make sure that the casting unit type is not a dummy unit type.

I want the solution
Read harder then?

In any case here is the map with such a fix applied.

Attachments

• plazma019_testa.w3x
    18.8 KB · Views: 109

Roland

R

Roland

This is why I dislike to help this impotent kid it's because this is what all he's gonna answer to us and doesn't thank us for the Assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.