• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Custom Melee Map Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi Everyone,

Ive got a huge problem with one of my custom melee maps that seems to always crash whenever i play it with friends. The crashes are random, sometimes itll only crash certain players, where as other times itll be a "global" crash where every player gets a critical error/crash.

Ive got a few error logs here, if someone could please help me out, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Attachments

• Errors.rar
    266.7 KB · Views: 38
Level 13
Code:
5/9 00:41:17.566  Gx - Texture Width & Height should both be multiple of 4, otherwise there could be wrong behaviors
Current Width: 187, Height: 157

5/8 22:43:33.923  Gx - Texture Width & Height should both be multiple of 4, otherwise there could be wrong behaviors
Current Width: 187, Height: 157

Looks like you've imported a few broken BLP/TGA files. Now, I'm not sure if "Gx" is the name of the file which is causing this, or if it's something else. Well, extract them, resize those files and re-import them.

Level 4
Well, fixing the corrupted imported files is the first thing to fix, how do i open them and resize them?

Edit: i found what file was "corrupted", its just the thumbnail pic, like when you click to create a game in warcarft 3, and it comes up with that display pic of the map

Last edited:
Level 13
You need a photo editor such as GIMP or Photoshop for resizing its resolution, and another software for converting a file from TGA/JPG/PNG/BMP to BLP, such as Imperial BLP or BLP Lab.

EDIT: Hm... War3MapPreview supports/works with .tga extension. So, you just need a photo editor for that, and set the file's height/width to 128 x 128 or 256 x 256 (24 bits)

Level 4
Ok i resized the image, it was just that one image that was corrupted btw. Ill do a test later tonight and re-post here for an update

Level 4
Hey everyone,

So bit of an update on this thread. I resized the image like i said in my previous post, and somehow that seemed to fix most of the crashes, in fact we played 2 games straight without a single crash, until tonight when it crashed again :(

Ive uploaded the error logs, if someone could have a look and tell me whats going, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Attachments

• 2018-05-15 00.36.39.rar
    126.1 KB · Views: 22
Level 13
Well, I see that the only thing your crashlog states is some files being used from Deprecated.MPQ, however that's not a problem for now. There isn't any info there that helps you address this issue.

Since you have a custom melee map, I'm assuming it has some custom triggers too, check them - disabling one by one. Also, check object editor data with invalid values. For example, Pillage with Accumulation Step being set to 0 will crash the game upon attack.

Level 4
Yeah we have heaps of triggers, but ive been over them all. I was kinda hoping that those crash logs would reveal something :S, i guess not...

Status
Not open for further replies.