• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Change Terrain Tile Pathing Type

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Just get JNGP... honestly.

WITHOUT JNGP!

Why do you think I write this?

The easiest fix is to go into the structure that you want to be buildable on that stone in the Object Editor, then uncheck the "PlacementRequires" - Buildable, and uncheck that.

I have stone floor and want to build on it but I also have an other type of stone floor which should not be buildable

Level 16
Seas =)

Somehow I try something with this: ( For testing I use the "Lordaeron Summer - Rock )

• TestTrigger
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint1 = (Random point in TestRect <gen>)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Terrain type at TempPoint1) Equal to Lordaeron Summer - Rock) and ((Terrain pathing at TempPoint1 of type Buildability is off) Equal to True)
        • Then - Actions
          • Environment - Set terrain pathing at TempPoint1 of type Buildability to On
        • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint1)
The thing is (maybe you know a way) to put this "TempPoint1" only at places where the terrain type is "Lordaeron Summer - Rock" or just increase the the size where he set the terrain to buildable ( because it's only always a very small part - so it need some time to change all )

Edit: But somehow I don't get this what I want -_-;

Level 19
Seas =)

Somehow I try something with this: ( For testing I use the "Lordaeron Summer - Rock )

• TestTrigger
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint1 = (Random point in TestRect <gen>)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Terrain type at TempPoint1) Equal to Lordaeron Summer - Rock) and ((Terrain pathing at TempPoint1 of type Buildability is off) Equal to True)
        • Then - Actions
          • Environment - Set terrain pathing at TempPoint1 of type Buildability to On
        • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint1)
The thing is (maybe you know a way) to put this "TempPoint1" only at places where the terrain type is "Lordaeron Summer - Rock" or just increase the the size where he set the terrain to buildable ( because it's only always a very small part - so it need some time to change all )

Edit: But somehow I don't get this what I want -_-;

THAT's how people should answer :D

and it works <3

JASS:
function SetPathingRect takes rect re, pathingtype pt, boolean pathable returns nothing
    //probably this trigger won't work if you don't snap the regions to the grid

//available pathing types
//PATHING_TYPE_ANY                 //if this is false you can't walk/build/fly on it
//PATHING_TYPE_WALKABILITY         //if this is false you can't walk on it
//PATHING_TYPE_FLYABILITY          //if this is false you can't fly on it
//PATHING_TYPE_BUILDABILITY        //if this is false you can't build on it
//PATHING_TYPE_PEONHARVESTPATHING  //don't know
//PATHING_TYPE_BLIGHTPATHING       //if this is false you can't build ziggs on it
//PATHING_TYPE_FLOATABILITY        //don't know
//PATHING_TYPE_AMPHIBIOUSPATHING   //don't know

local real r = 32  //size of pathing blocks
    local real x = GetRectMinX(re)
    local real y
    local real x2 = GetRectMaxX(re)
    local real y2 = GetRectMaxY(re)

loop
        exitwhen x == x2
        set y = GetRectMinY(re)
        loop
            exitwhen y == y2
            call SetTerrainPathable(x, y, pt, pathable)
            set y = y + r
        endloop
        set x = x + r
    endloop
    call RemoveRect(re)
    set re = null
    set pt = null
endfunction
  • Ini
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Visibility - Disable fog of war
      • Visibility - Disable black mask
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Any Off at (Center of AnyOff <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Walk Off at (Center of WalkOff <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Fly Off at (Center of FlyOff <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Build Off at (Center of BuildOff <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Harvest Off at (Center of HarvestOff <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Blight Off at (Center of BlightOff <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Float Off at (Center of FloatOff <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Amphibious Off at (Center of AmphibiousOff <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Custom script: call SetPathingRect(gg_rct_AnyOn, PATHING_TYPE_ANY, true)
      • Custom script: call SetPathingRect(gg_rct_WalkOn, PATHING_TYPE_WALKABILITY, true)
      • Custom script: call SetPathingRect(gg_rct_FlyOn, PATHING_TYPE_FLYABILITY, true)
      • Custom script: call SetPathingRect(gg_rct_BuildOn, PATHING_TYPE_BUILDABILITY, true)
      • Custom script: call SetPathingRect(gg_rct_HarvestOn, PATHING_TYPE_PEONHARVESTPATHING, true)
      • Custom script: call SetPathingRect(gg_rct_BlightOn, PATHING_TYPE_BLIGHTPATHING, true)
      • Custom script: call SetPathingRect(gg_rct_FloatOn, PATHING_TYPE_FLOATABILITY, true)
      • Custom script: call SetPathingRect(gg_rct_AmphibiousOn, PATHING_TYPE_AMPHIBIOUSPATHING, true)
      • Custom script: call SetPathingRect(gg_rct_AnyOff, PATHING_TYPE_ANY, false)
      • Custom script: call SetPathingRect(gg_rct_WalkOff, PATHING_TYPE_WALKABILITY, false)
      • Custom script: call SetPathingRect(gg_rct_FlyOff, PATHING_TYPE_FLYABILITY, false)
      • Custom script: call SetPathingRect(gg_rct_BuildOff, PATHING_TYPE_BUILDABILITY, false)
      • Custom script: call SetPathingRect(gg_rct_HarvestOff, PATHING_TYPE_PEONHARVESTPATHING, false)
      • Custom script: call SetPathingRect(gg_rct_BlightOff, PATHING_TYPE_BLIGHTPATHING, false)
      • Custom script: call SetPathingRect(gg_rct_FloatOff, PATHING_TYPE_FLOATABILITY, false)
      • Custom script: call SetPathingRect(gg_rct_AmphibiousOff, PATHING_TYPE_AMPHIBIOUSPATHING, false)
edit:
it won't work for big regions cause of the operation limit
it's possible to break it using "Run <Trigger>" but I am unable to implent it

edit2:
ok I did it

Attachments

• SetPathingRect.w3x
    12.9 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.